Dunleavy Dumpster fire continues Wave falls to win less Alabama A&M 67-59

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DOME Yulman...instant IPF....and move basketball there, just like Syracuse did....Plastic garbage bags for the roof are cheap and the recycle people will love ya

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:57 am
winwave wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:44 am
ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:40 pm Yulman wanted his name on a football stadium, not a practice facility. Maybe a better salesman than Rick Dickson could have convinced him otherwise, but it was the donor's money and the donor got to decide where it was going to go.
He was never given the choice. RD never sought to build the football ops. and IPF. He went straight from Basketball Arena/ Practice Facility to football stadium.
I heard what AJC heard: That Cow/Dick wanted to build a football ops/basketball arena and the donor's wanted an OCS. The biggest mistake was caving the the NIMBY's. If we had a second deck around the stadium, it would look a whole lot better and been a formidable advantage with so many seats so close to the field. Instead we have the eyesore of the NIMBY side (which seats more than the Glazer side of the field, but looks bad.)
D- That's the lie that RD came up with when questioned as to why he wasn't building what needed to be built. Like I posted above we got Yulman b/c those two morons got sticker shock on the basketball arena and practice facility they intended to build on the Rosen lot. So they jumped right into stadium mode thinking they could build a legit D-1 stadium for that amount. If RD's lips were moving he was lying. An upper deck would give a better appearance but would still seat below 30,000. Quality players that can truly lift a program up are going to go on multiple trips and they will compare facilities. They won't be fooled.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Does TU owe their fans, alums and donors some sort of press conference or statement on what the heck has gone on lately and what the plan is moving forward? Any serious program would address these issues, even during the holiday.
WavyHoops
High Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:22 am Does TU owe their fans, alums and donors some sort of press conference or statement on what the heck has gone on lately and what the plan is moving forward? Any serious program would address these issues, even during the holiday.
In general, the basketball program seems like they are trying hard to fly under the radar. Not that I blame them.
GreenLantern
Riptide

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:36 am In general, the basketball program seems like they are trying hard to fly under the radar. Not that I blame them.
Welcome to the board, WavyHoops.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:36 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:22 am Does TU owe their fans, alums and donors some sort of press conference or statement on what the heck has gone on lately and what the plan is moving forward? Any serious program would address these issues, even during the holiday.
In general, the basketball program seems like they are trying hard to fly under the radar. Not that I blame them.
the "Radar" must be located at "ground level" !!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

WavyHoops wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:20 am Another relevant article:
https://www.sportsblog.com/mericanmania ... -american/
Tulane stands at 4-8 on the year with losses to extremely inferior competition like Alabama A&M, Townson, South Alabama, Southeast Louisiana, and Georgia State.
Georgia State, extremely inferior? Their RPI stands at 63 today.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I’m not sure about that. What can they really say or do outside of firing MD? Do programs really call for press conferences to talk about or explain why they are having a terrible season?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Would like to know why team has quit on MD . There has to have been a trigger .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:26 pm
I’m not sure about that. What can they really say or do outside of firing MD? Do programs really call for press conferences to talk about or explain why they are having a terrible season?
At a min someone says something when u lose to a 0-11 team and r ranked in the bottom 10% out of 350 teams. Especially after dumping 20+ million into ur home facility and practice gym. All while in a conference that is battling for top tier relevancy.
So just sit back and take it, the TU way. Absolute lack of accountability. This is a major billion dollar industry. What the hell else are the employees at the TU athletic dept doing with their time?

I am close to 40 years old and am one of the younger posters on this or the other board. Ya’ll should let that sink in.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mba- Most of us would like that announcement made that says were going in a new direction. It's Tulane so not likely at his point. Though WF shocked us with the Ruse firing most wanted.

As for your age we know about the lost generations. It sunk in long ago to us. As to Tulane they are now aware of it. Hopefully they make the right moves to correct that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

Wave QB wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:46 pm Are we the worst division I program in Louisiana?
It wasn't a dumb question. That's for sure.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I maintain that the obvious short-term (and potentially long-term) solution is to give Coach Dunleavy a different title that has nothing to do with the daily management of the basketball program and promote Doug Stewart immediately. The players like him. He has a reputation as a great recruiter. The chances that the existing roster would leave and future recruits would change schools would be minimal. Dunleavy could save face and claim some medical condition (bone spurs?). I promise that Coach Stewart would do no worse.
WavyHoops
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 am I maintain that the obvious short-term (and potentially long-term) solution is to give Coach Dunleavy a different title that has nothing to do with the daily management of the basketball program and promote Doug Stewart immediately. The players like him. He has a reputation as a great recruiter. The chances that the existing roster would leave and future recruits would change schools would be minimal. Dunleavy could save face and claim some medical condition (bone spurs?). I promise that Coach Stewart would do no worse.
Makes too much sense to happen.
Wave QB
Swell

WavyHoops wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:09 am
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 am I maintain that the obvious short-term (and potentially long-term) solution is to give Coach Dunleavy a different title that has nothing to do with the daily management of the basketball program and promote Doug Stewart immediately. The players like him. He has a reputation as a great recruiter. The chances that the existing roster would leave and future recruits would change schools would be minimal. Dunleavy could save face and claim some medical condition (bone spurs?). I promise that Coach Stewart would do no worse.
Makes too much sense to happen.
Yup.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:00 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:36 am
the "Radar" must be located at "ground level" !!
on second thought "ground level " is way to high...it must be "sonar"
oliveandblue
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:19 pm Would like to know why team has quit on MD . There has to have been a trigger .
This. x100.

Talent level is actually no worse than last year. The results aren't matching the players..
gbgreenie
Surge

Idiots, this team did not quit, played well against maybe the best team in the conference. They were blown out by this team at Foglemen. Dunleavy has seen how to have Wood, Crabtree, Daniels and Sehric mess together. Good point guard and this team is pretty good. Bright outlook for next year with Embo and new players coming in. Sad how shallow your through processes on as far as this team focusing just on wins and not improvement. Some of you are so sad and narrowly focused its pathetic. Team is playing tough, growing with experience for Wood, and Crabtree, Seric is a leader. Very bright future, announcers even praised Dunleavy for timeout adjustments.
Wave QB
Swell

Alabama A&M is 5-25 and closing in on a last place finish with a 4-11 SWAC record. Yes guys, the lone non-conference win is over Tulane.

How embarrassing is that!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm Idiots, this team did not quit, played well against maybe the best team in the conference. They were blown out by this team at Foglemen. Dunleavy has seen how to have Wood, Crabtree, Daniels and Sehric mess together. Good point guard and this team is pretty good. Bright outlook for next year with Embo and new players coming in. Sad how shallow your through processes on as far as this team focusing just on wins and not improvement. Some of you are so sad and narrowly focused its pathetic. Team is playing tough, growing with experience for Wood, and Crabtree, Seric is a leader. Very bright future, announcers even praised Dunleavy for timeout adjustments.
This guy is more idiot (80%) than troll (20%) IMO. Some old man who has had some inside access that gives him joy so he wants to fight for his cheap relationship. It gives him purpose.

Whatever, just put him on ur ignore and/or don’t reply. It’s really simple.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Wave QB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:12 pm Alabama A&M is 5-25 and closing in on a last place finish with a 4-11 SWAC record. Yes guys, the lone non-conference win is over Tulane.

How embarrassing is that!
Mr Dannen , how embarrassing is that ? How can you even consider another year for Dunleavy . The ball is in your court and President Fitts has already had you fire one MBB coach , you should do this without being told to.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm Idiots, this team did not quit, played well against maybe the best team in the conference. They were blown out by this team at Foglemen. Dunleavy has seen how to have Wood, Crabtree, Daniels and Sehric mess together. Good point guard and this team is pretty good. Bright outlook for next year with Embo and new players coming in. Sad how shallow your through processes on as far as this team focusing just on wins and not improvement. Some of you are so sad and narrowly focused its pathetic. Team is playing tough, growing with experience for Wood, and Crabtree, Seric is a leader. Very bright future, announcers even praised Dunleavy for timeout adjustments.
This guy is more idiot (80%) than troll (20%) IMO. Some old man who has had some inside access that gives him joy so he wants to fight for his cheap relationship. It gives him purpose.

Dead wrong. TROLL. He's laughing his ass off at people like you that give him any credence. :roll:
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:46 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Dead wrong. TROLL. He's laughing his ass off at people like you that give him any credence. :roll:
Credence for calling him an idiot?

U really need to grow up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Big difference between someone who is just an idiot an someone clearly trolling. You should know.