Step 1....Turn on Fax Machine

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:48 pm sorta like the players at Notre Dame, Northwestern, Stanford, Southern Cal, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, Baylor, SMU, for example

It can be difficult to keep kids who aren’t serious about school eligible once they are at Tulane. Two of our best recruits form last year aren’t with the team anymore.

The schools mentioned above have MAJOR recruiting superiority over us because of P5 status, budget, endowment, academic prowess etc. There are plenty of kids who are great students who are great football players . . . We just can’t beat Stanford for them. If we were in a P5 it would be fun to see us recruit against BC/Duke/Wake/Syracuse . . . All of whom I think we would smoke if not for that P5 disparity. The others not so much.

As an aside- how does SMU out recruit us ?
The flip side of that may explain why the SEC can claim to be the strongest P5: there's no fear that the student athletes will have to be dedicated students.

SMU is in Texas, which nobody wants to admit but has a whole lot more D1 players than any other state. Louisiana is 5th PER CAPITA, which means that a state like Texas, with many times more people living within it's borders, has boatloads more talent from a sheer numbers perspective. SMU has a great reputation academically, close to Tulane's.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:48 pm sorta like the players at Notre Dame, Northwestern, Stanford, Southern Cal, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, Baylor, SMU, for example
It can be difficult to keep kids who aren’t serious about school eligible once they are at Tulane. Two of our best recruits form last year aren’t with the team anymore.

The schools mentioned above have MAJOR recruiting superiority over us because of P5 status, budget, endowment, academic prowess etc. There are plenty of kids who are great students who are great football players . . . We just can’t beat Stanford for them. If we were in a P5 it would be fun to see us recruit against BC/Duke/Wake/Syracuse . . . All of whom I think we would smoke if not for that P5 disparity. The others not so much.

As an aside- how does SMU out recruit us ?
[/quote]

Very deep pockets. They've been there and done that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Highwave
Low Tide

cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:30 pm
Checkmate? Perhaps you might want to consider another game. How could I troll Tulane fans here by posting something on our board that actually happened?

As for your other comment, I've got absolutely no problem discussing the Cure Bowl. You guys were the better team. Fantastic. But, shouldn't you have been the better team?

You achieved at least the minimum of what you should have achieved, no? Consider that your proram is in year THREE of this coach's tenure and play in a conference that features much higher athletic budgets, better facilities, more media coverage etc than the Sun Belt and therefore easier access to higher-rated players. That's a correct observation, no?
Correct. Glad you recognize Tulane was the superior team, as it should have been.
cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:30 pm Tulane faced a team with a wrecked locker room from last year and a brand new coach. A coach that few (even most Cajun fans) dreamed would get the team to a bowl game, much less win the western division of the conference and play in the championship game. I would say without hesitation, the Napier and the Cajuns over-achieved.
No offense but over-achieved? You beat 1 team with a Sagarin ranking better than #147 (Arky state at #83). I would hate to know what you consider under-achieving.

Btw, Tulane had canned its offensive coordinator and had a 1st time play-caller hang 41 points.
cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:30 pm I asked this question elsewhere here but don't think anyone answered it. How do you guys think Tulane's season would have ended had McMillan, out of the blue, not transferred in from the 800 lb gorilla upstream shortly before the season started?

Now, while I don't think McMillan saved Fritz's job because I don't think Dannen was anywhere near pulling the trigger on canning him, it sure looks to me like McMillan at least gave Fritz some major breathing room. Would you guys agree with that? Five games into the season and you guys were in a lather about the squad and Fritz's coaching. Today he's a hero.
I think better personnel decisions at RB and a softer schedule played just as important a role in the turnaround. We won 4 out of our last 5 with Bradwell and Dauphine getting 30+ carries in each, and playing teams that were 3-9, 7-5, 3-9, 8-4 and 3-10, respectively. While McMillan certainly ran the offense (more?) efficiently, I'm not willing to go as far as you comfortably due and crown him as the season's savior.

Of note, Banks and McMillan each lost a game in the post-Memphis stretch where the 2 aforementioned backs were limited to 22 (Cincy) and 16 (SMU) combined carries.
cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:30 pm Fritz's canning of his OC was a shocker to me because I honestly figured that by getting bowl-eligible, he would figure that might be good enough and he could cruise for at least another year. Hiring Hall was a great move on his part and will absolutely pay dividends next season as all the talent seems to be in place to have a really good year.

I will say this after posting on this site for quite a few years. I think Tulane fans have been immensly patient. Don't take that as a negative, it's not, it's just an observation. I assure you that if Napier has a .500 year or worse next year and arrives at year 3 not knowing what kind of offense he wants to run and no idea of which quarterback with which to run it, there will be calls for his head.

That's how it should be in today's college football.
It was not a shocker to anyone who understands Troy Dannen and respects Fritz's ability as a HC. Both are fierce competitors, and it was clear that Ruse's offense was not getting the job done. The old Dickson-led, C-USA Tulane probably would have kept the status quo. Its a new era at Tulane.

As for your ULL comparison, c'mon man. The Cajuns are the epitome of status quo in football. If Hudspeth hadn't attacked Trump, he would still be working out at Reds.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave, I said HERE, before the game, that the better team would win.

And yes, all things considered, we over-achieved. It was going to be no easy task for that Cajun team to get to .500 and bowl-eligibility, especially after we farked it and lost at home to Coastal Carolina. We had Miss State and Bama on the schedule, along with road games at Troy and App State, the two strongest teams in the East. After the Coastal loss there was zero room for error. He got us to a bowl game, won the western division, and we played in the first-ever Sun Belt championship game. That equals "over-achieved" in my view.

Every team in every conference recruits against and competes against its peers. Wether that's the AAC or some "lesser" conference, the issues are the same for each head coach. We've got just one sample point for Napier, but I like what I've seen so far.

And no, we're not the epitome of status quo in football. Those days are gone.

We've got a new AD, one who hung with Hud for a year before pulling the trigger to look for a better coach. We've built football facilities that I suspect are superior to Tulane's including an indoor practice facility, about to embark on a stadium renovation, and hired a coach recommended to our AD by Nick Saban and gave the man $2 MM to hire an assistant pool.

Don't know Tulane's budget for football, it's got to be higher than ours, but ours is now easily third in the State of Louisiana. That's not status quo.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:24 pm Highwave, I said HERE, before the game, that the better team would win.

And yes, all things considered, we over-achieved. It was going to be no easy task for that Cajun team to get to .500 and bowl-eligibility, especially after we farked it and lost at home to Coastal Carolina. We had Miss State and Bama on the schedule, along with road games at Troy and App State, the two strongest teams in the East. After the Coastal loss there was zero room for error. He got us to a bowl game, won the western division, and we played in the first-ever Sun Belt championship game. That equals "over-achieved" in my view.

Every team in every conference recruits against and competes against its peers. Wether that's the AAC or some "lesser" conference, the issues are the same for each head coach. We've got just one sample point for Napier, but I like what I've seen so far.

We've got a new AD, one who hung with Hud for a year before pulling the trigger to look for a better coach. We've built football facilities that I suspect are superior to Tulane's including an indoor practice facility, about to embark on a stadium renovation, and hired a coach recommended to our AD by Nick Saban and gave the man $2 MM to hire an assistant pool.

Don't know Tulane's budget for football, it's got to be higher than ours, but ours is now easily third in the State of Louisiana. That's not status quo.
:yawn:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:24 pm Highwave, I said HERE, before the game, that the better team would win.

Yawn. Confirmed Troll, nothing to read back on your Cajun boards ?

Although we can continue to discuss the Cure bowl, or maybe we can discuss our upcoming new aac TV contract which will further separate us from that vaunted sunbelt speed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is beyond ridiculous at this point. Cajun you know Steve won't ban anyone. Don't abuse it. Post about ULL"s recruiting on the other Louisiana schools forum on this site. Don't hide behind "I was just responding to". BS. You're trolling here. As to the Tulane fans involved in this ridiculousness don't give the opening to him. Our class fell below expectations. Especially the fact that we haven't gotten a very much needed QB. Fortunately we still have time to get at least one quality QB. We really needed two. This staff hasn't recruited a quality freshman QB since they got here. That's where the focus needs to be. Deal with it.

BTW, we also need to bring in a quality FG kicker.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:32 pm
Yawn. Confirmed Troll, nothing to read back on your Cajun boards ?

Although we can continue to discuss the Cure bowl, or maybe we can discuss our upcoming new aac TV contract which will further separate us from that vaunted sunbelt speed.
Is it Bicoastalwave or Bipolarwave?

Cajunfanatico is far from a troll. He has more intelligent and informative posts than quite a few ridiculous posters that see nothing but Green.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 pm This is beyond ridiculous at this point. Cajun you know Steve won't ban anyone. Don't abuse it. Post about ULL"s recruiting on the other Louisiana schools forum on this site. Don't hide behind "I was just responding to". BS. You're trolling here. As to the Tulane fans involved in this ridiculousness don't give the opening to him. Our class fell below expectations. Especially the fact that we haven't gotten a very much needed QB. Fortunately we still have time to get at least one quality QB. We really needed two. This staff hasn't recruited a quality freshman QB since they got here. That's where the focus needs to be. Deal with it.

win, you say our class fell below expectations. We have 17 recruits, + two grad transfers. By my math (pre-common core REAL math), there's almost 25 PERCENT of this class not in yet. So how can you tell whether our class met expectations or not? Go back and take out the last 6 players to commit to us last season, and see what our ranking was. Much lower. AFTER we have a full class, THEN you can draw your conclusion. Not before.

And don't forget the rankings give you no credit for transfers. McCleskey, Montano and Anderson give us three experienced players at need positions, yet they don't add to the rankings at all.

And yes, we need a quality kicker.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 am
winwave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 pm This is beyond ridiculous at this point. Cajun you know Steve won't ban anyone. Don't abuse it. Post about ULL"s recruiting on the other Louisiana schools forum on this site. Don't hide behind "I was just responding to". BS. You're trolling here. As to the Tulane fans involved in this ridiculousness don't give the opening to him. Our class fell below expectations. Especially the fact that we haven't gotten a very much needed QB. Fortunately we still have time to get at least one quality QB. We really needed two. This staff hasn't recruited a quality freshman QB since they got here. That's where the focus needs to be. Deal with it.

win, you say our class fell below expectations. We have 17 recruits, + two grad transfers. By my math (pre-common core REAL math), there's almost 25 PERCENT of this class not in yet. So how can you tell whether our class met expectations or not? Go back and take out the last 6 players to commit to us last season, and see what our ranking was. Much lower. AFTER we have a full class, THEN you can draw your conclusion. Not before.

And don't forget the rankings give you no credit for transfers. McCleskey, Montano and Anderson give us three experienced players at need positions, yet they don't add to the rankings at all.

You're right. I should have said up to this point. Remember others get transfers too and don't get credit. I hope we finish strong.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I look for an additonal 2 grad transfers, one OL and one DL.....and one more JUCO
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

Winwave, how have I abused anything? Sunamiwave asked a very specific question and also mentioned our program by name. What's wrong with answering his question? Why are you so damned sensitive to anything I might have to say? And posting on the "Other Louisiana Schools" forum would merely bring the thread I posted to the very top of this forum and I'm sure you'd get pissed off about that too.

Now, I asked some very specific questions about Tulane's football program. Do you wish to answer any of them? I tihnk they were legit questions that any Tulane fan should be asking as well.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Winwave, how have I abused anything? Sunamiwave asked a very specific question and also mentioned our program by name. What's wrong with answering his question? Why are you so damned sensitive to anything I might have to say? And posting on the "Other Louisiana Schools" forum would merely bring the thread I posted to the very top of this forum and I'm sure you'd get pissed off about that too.

Now, I asked some very specific questions about Tulane's football program. Do you wish to answer any of them? I tihnk they were legit questions that any Tulane fan should be asking as well.
That's the first time I've called you out so it's not about being sensitive. This is a thread that's supposed to be about Tulane's class. Crow about ULL's in that other forum if you truly want to show you are a fan of both. I was clear you weren't the only one at fault here and am trying to dissuade others from turning it into a Tulane v.ULL thread. As for answering your questions I have stopped reading your much too long and boring post.
cajunfanatico
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:05 pm

That's the first time I've called you out so it's not about being sensitive. This is a thread that's supposed to be about Tulane's class. Crow about ULL's in that other forum if you truly want to show you are a fan of both. I was clear you weren't the only one at fault here and am trying to dissuade others from turning it into a Tulane v.ULL thread. As for answering your questions I have stopped reading your much too long and boring post.
Actually Winwave, my much too long and boring post ran pretty much paralell to your observations about this Tulane recruiting class the program's needs. That's to say, WE AGREE. So, IMHO, first and foremost, this program needs some young and upcoming qb's. Where are they? Who are they? Are any on the radar? Since none were signed this past week, one wonders what Fritz has planned on that front.

Everyone who follows college football knows the fortunes of the average team live and die with the quarterback. Great linemen on both sides of the ball can sure help win some games, as can an excellent stable of runningbacks, but ,at the end of the day, the play of the quarterback is what wins those really tough, close games.

Through the first half of the season this year, the Wave's fortunes didn't look too good.......something of a replay of last year's results....maybe getting to bowl-eligibility, maybe not. In comes McMillan (signed just before the season was starting) and he pretty much single-handidly turned it around. He should have a great year again next year, but since it'll be his last, where's his replacement?

There's still time to sign another qb of course, but if he's a JC prospect or another transfer, can the program maintain the longterm success Wave fans are hoping for? I'd think having a really good HS quarterback (or two) taking snaps this coming spring and possibly redshirting this next year would be in the best longterm interest of the program.

Agree or disagree, those are my observations.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lance Legendre is the one I'd like to see us get and his HC and an assistant are former Tulane players.

As for McMillan he did his part. He was a good decision maker and a much better runner than anyone thought he would be. He didn't do it singlehandedly though. At the very same time he took over we got back a healthy for the first time Fisher at LT and we changed RT's bringing in Claybrook. WF also told Dauphine on the field after the SMU game that he was going to start getting the ball more and he followed through. He went from about 6 touches a game to about 18. They also changed up their offensive positional meetings. They started having the OL, RB's and WR's meet together rather than separately so they would all be on the same page. Willie was feeling the heat and he pulled out all the stops. Kudos to him as it all worked.
Highwave
Low Tide

cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:24 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Actually Winwave, my much too long and boring post ran pretty much paralell to your observations about this Tulane recruiting class the program's needs. That's to say, WE AGREE. So, IMHO, first and foremost, this program needs some young and upcoming qb's. Where are they? Who are they? Are any on the radar? Since none were signed this past week, one wonders what Fritz has planned on that front.

Everyone who follows college football knows the fortunes of the average team live and die with the quarterback. Great linemen on both sides of the ball can sure help win some games, as can an excellent stable of runningbacks, but ,at the end of the day, the play of the quarterback is what wins those really tough, close games.

Through the first half of the season this year, the Wave's fortunes didn't look too good.......something of a replay of last year's results....maybe getting to bowl-eligibility, maybe not. In comes McMillan (signed just before the season was starting) and he pretty much single-handidly turned it around. He should have a great year again next year, but since it'll be his last, where's his replacement?

There's still time to sign another qb of course, but if he's a JC prospect or another transfer, can the program maintain the longterm success Wave fans are hoping for? I'd think having a really good HS quarterback (or two) taking snaps this coming spring and possibly redshirting this next year would be in the best longterm interest of the program.

Agree or disagree, those are my observations.
If McMillan “single-handedly” turned the season around, then I guess we don’t have to worry about who’s next yet, right? We can wait until a week before the 2020 season to find the answer and still become Bowl-eligible (and if necessary whip the Cajuns).

You have now had at least 2 people challenge your ridiculous assertion re McMillan, and offer actual analysis and insight into TU’s season. For being a self-proclaimed Tulane fan, your analysis of the season is as shallow as it gets.

Also, for being a board rat, you sure don’t seem to read the posts. Everyone on here screams about the need for a QB, and laments the fact that WF hasn’t found one to develop. Fact is, though, few teams do these days. Even the best programs struggle at that position. Also, the grad transfer rules make it that much more difficult to find a good one you can groom from HS that isn’t a crapshoot of a project.
swampnik
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 am

Also have Canteen coming back from injured reserve.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
RobertM320
Green Wave

swampnik wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:51 am
Also have Canteen coming back from injured reserve.
Do we? I was under the impression he already had a redshirt year and has no more eligibility left.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
cajunfanatico
Swell

Highwave wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:13 pm
If McMillan “single-handedly” turned the season around, then I guess we don’t have to worry about who’s next yet, right? We can wait until a week before the 2020 season to find the answer and still become Bowl-eligible (and if necessary whip the Cajuns).

You have now had at least 2 people challenge your ridiculous assertion re McMillan, and offer actual analysis and insight into TU’s season. For being a self-proclaimed Tulane fan, your analysis of the season is as shallow as it gets.

Also, for being a board rat, you sure don’t seem to read the posts. Everyone on here screams about the need for a QB, and laments the fact that WF hasn’t found one to develop. Fact is, though, few teams do these days. Even the best programs struggle at that position. Also, the grad transfer rules make it that much more difficult to find a good one you can groom from HS that isn’t a crapshoot of a project.
Yes, I believe McMillan was the difference this year. I listened to most every game. As he got the reps, the play at quarterback improved dramatically under his direction. Had the Wave ended the year at 8-4 perhaps the case could be made that his contribution wasn't significant, but at 6-6, there was zero room for error.

Again, I don't understand why you guys seem so offended by my observations.
GreenLantern
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 am Again, I don't understand why you guys seem so offended by my observations.
Well... a cynic who believed your evaluations to be trollish might infer you were suggesting that Tulane eked out a winning season solely and luckily by stumbling upon help in the form of LSU transfer QB, McMillan.

And of course, this happened while that scrappin bunch of overachievers, those ragin cajuns, achieved bowl status with hard work and superior coaching and doing so with inferior talent.
cajunfanatico wrote:We've got a new AD, one who hung with Hud for a year before pulling the trigger to look for a better coach. We've built football facilities that I suspect are superior to Tulane's including an indoor practice facility, about to embark on a stadium renovation, and hired a coach recommended to our AD by Nick Saban and gave the man $2 MM to hire an assistant pool.
Repeating my definition of a troll: one who gleefully and frequently posts about any real or imagined Tulane shortcoming while enthusiastically endorsing another team.

Cajun, I'm sure you're a nice fellow. I would like you much better if you confined your comments to the section of this forum devoted to 'Those Other Louisiana Schools'.
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:03 am
cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 am Again, I don't understand why you guys seem so offended by my observations.
Well... a cynic who believed your evaluations to be trollish might infer you were suggesting that Tulane eked out a winning season solely and luckily by stumbling upon help in the form of LSU transfer QB, McMillan.

And of course, this happened while that scrappin bunch of overachievers, those ragin cajuns, achieved bowl status with hard work and superior coaching and doing so with inferior talent.
cajunfanatico wrote:We've got a new AD, one who hung with Hud for a year before pulling the trigger to look for a better coach. We've built football facilities that I suspect are superior to Tulane's including an indoor practice facility, about to embark on a stadium renovation, and hired a coach recommended to our AD by Nick Saban and gave the man $2 MM to hire an assistant pool.
Repeating my definition of a troll: one who gleefully and frequently posts about any real or imagined Tulane shortcoming while enthusiastically endorsing another team.

Cajun, I'm sure you're a nice fellow. I would like you much better if you confined your comments to the section of this forum devoted to 'Those Other Louisiana Schools'.
WTF, you guys keep bringing up the Cajuns. When someone makes an assertion like....."ULL football is the epitome of status quo"..........I'm going to respond, because it's just not true. That's why the comment about our AD. Our previous AD WAS THE EPITOME OF STATUS QUO.

You guys say you want to discuss Tulane football, fine. But if I give an opinion on something,about Tulane football, I get blasted for being a troll or not knowing what I'm talking about. That's fine too. I think I understand the mindset.

Now, to make you happy, I'll post a thread to "Those Other Louisiana Schools" as you request. Could be interesting the result, if the problem's not been fixed.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Cajun, I think the reference to 'staus quo' is more in the sense of progress. Whether UL-L goes 6-6, 8-4, or 10-2, whether they win the SunBelt ten years straight or don't ever win it, its all irrelevant except to Cajun fans. They can never aspire to anything other than what they are. They'll never be considered for a P5 spot, And they'll never even be looked at by one of the G5s should someone lose a team to realignment. You're stuck. You'll never be in a position to be anything other than what you are, therefore, status quo. Doesn't matter how much you spend of facility upgrades, etc, nothing will change.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:50 pm Cajun, I think the reference to 'staus quo' is more in the sense of progress. Whether UL-L goes 6-6, 8-4, or 10-2, whether they win the SunBelt ten years straight or don't ever win it, its all irrelevant except to Cajun fans. They can never aspire to anything other than what they are. They'll never be considered for a P5 spot, And they'll never even be looked at by one of the G5s should someone lose a team to realignment. You're stuck. You'll never be in a position to be anything other than what you are, therefore, status quo. Doesn't matter how much you spend of facility upgrades, etc, nothing will change.
Robert, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Cajun athletics continues to improve facilities, raise athletic budgets, wean itself of state funding, hire more qualified coaches and plan for the future. No one knows the specifics of what the future holds, though based on your comments, it sounds as though you're an insider and know the future. I respectfully say that I think you're wrong about potential opportunities. Those who do know about these things believe that there are significant changes coming within the next 3-5 years that will impact all of us, especially those of us at the G5 level.

A move to the P5 level? No I don't think that's in cards, at least not for us. But that didn't stop our university president from hiring a consulting firm a couple of years ago whose job it was to review the whole of our athletic department from the standpoint of improving the overall operations to making recommendations on what we had to do to grow the program in all phases and prepare us for the future. The starting point was relieving our "comfy" AD of his responsibilities and bringing in a professional AD with a couple of decades of experience at the next level.

We're not sitting still by any means.

I don't know what the future holds for G5 conferences, but I do believe that if we keep the present course, we'll be as prepared as anyone to take advantage of whatever opportunities the changing landscape may present .

Is that a bad strategery Robert? Building all phases of our athletic program while weaning ourselves of funding provided by an LSU-dominated state legislature?

I don't think so.