ESPN Dumps On Us, Again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

In their lazily produced take on Tulane after winning the Cure ESPN offers that senior McMillan must be replaced next season.
The ESPN hate of us and the AAC is exceeded only by the incompetent reporting by their staff....

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
oliveandblue
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:15 am In their lazily produced take on Tulane after winning the Cure ESPN offers that senior McMillan must be replaced next season.
The ESPN hate of us and the AAC is exceeded only by the incompetent reporting by their staff....
Same article called us #2 in the state and actually insinuated that we shouldn't let a team like Louisana come close.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I can’t wait for the day that the AAC gets a big television contract with Fox, NBC, Netflix, or Amazon so that we can tell ESPN to go to hell. It would be a glorious day. Besides making a lot of money off of the AAC because they pay us peanuts ESPN treats us like their red headed stepchild.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:52 pm I can’t wait for the day that the AAC gets a big television contract with Fox, NBC, Netflix, or Amazon so that we can tell ESPN to go to hell. It would be a glorious day. Besides making a lot of money off of the AAC because they pay us peanuts ESPN treats us like their red headed stepchild.
As long as all our games continue free and available to view. Including basketball conference games.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:52 pm I can’t wait for the day that the AAC gets a big television contract with Fox, NBC, Netflix, or Amazon so that we can tell ESPN to go to hell. It would be a glorious day. Besides making a lot of money off of the AAC because they pay us peanuts ESPN treats us like their red headed stepchild.
We might get significantly more money from the next TV deal, but I don't think it's going to be F.U. ESPN money. And whatever media entity signs the AAC, you can be sure they're going to dictate game times, dates, matchups, etc.

We have a whole other thread about this, the mods should merge the two.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V