Tulane Whips ULL 41-24 In The Cure Bowl

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It is amazing looking at the first few pages of this thread the negativity- it’s amazing. I can’t wait for fans to come back and we run the curmudgeons out.

Great win, our offense and defense looked good. Couple turnovers gave them a glimmer of hope but we dominated this game.

Let’s win some recruiting wars. The hardest part is over. Momentum has shifted and we are going the right direction. Kansas and Kansas state jobs seen as the two most likely threats at poaching coach are filled. We are ready to roll and the recruiting talent from last year is already paying dividends. This year let’s finish our class with a bang. Coach’s of other aac programs in preseason said they didn’t want to play us but that we were still a year or two away because of talent . . . Now is the time. Let’s win the conference. Roll wave
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigschtick
Riptide

Congratulations to the Wave! Great end to the season.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:29 pm Good game fellas. I mentioned somewhere here not to expect this Cajun team to give up and they didn't but you guys also did what you had to do, especially on defense shutting down both Mitchell and Ragas.

McMillan is a hoss, too bad he won't be back next year.
McMillan has another year of eligibility. He is back.
Jaxwave
Swell

Don’t be too hard on the curmudgeons. They have stuck around through a lot of lean years.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:29 pm Good game fellas. I mentioned somewhere here not to expect this Cajun team to give up and they didn't but you guys also did what you had to do, especially on defense shutting down both Mitchell and Ragas.

Ummm. He’s back dude
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think in the excitement of getting a new OC, we forgot to realize that the majority of plays that our team is familiar with are the same Ruse plays. We had better play CALLING in the first half, and it showed, but we did slip back into our bad habits in the second half. I wonder how much of that was Fritz' influence. I really hope he's willing to step back and let Hall do his thing next season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Congrats to Tulane. It looked like men, Tulane, versus boys, ULL, out there on the field. Only reason ULL closed it to within three points for a brief period of time was due to some costly turnovers. Our offensive and defensive lines manhandled ULL. ULL needs to go back to playing kiddie football in the Sunbelt conference, which is where they belong.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

phpBB [video]
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:01 pm Gutsy 4th n 7 dice roll wins it for us. Roll wave
Not when you think about it. FG doesn’t put it away. Then there’s always a block FG and return for TD. Going for it the best option there.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:34 pm

McMillan has another year of eligibility. He is back.
Then he'll really be a hoss next year. It's amazing that he was able to contribute as quickly as he did this year after spending so much time at LSU. Watching him in action, there's no doubt he's a play-maker and will make the difference in a lot of games. I think Coach Hall will be a good fit with McMillan's talents as well. Cajun fans thought very highly of Hall.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

We tried to tell you gaining tons of rushing yards against Sunbelt defenses wasn't the same as playing Tulane. However, I think what hurt more was getting behind early. It kept you from being able to run as much as I'm sure Napier wanted to. Then again, 4 three and outs in the first half didn't help. You had 19 carries for 107 yards (5.7 ypc) from your "three-headed" monster, but if you take out the one big play early, its 18-69. Less than 4 yards a carry won't win games.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:39 pm
JDTulane wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:01 pm Gutsy 4th n 7 dice roll wins it for us. Roll wave
Not when you think about it. FG doesn’t put it away. Then there’s always a block FG and return for TD. Going for it the best option there.
I agree with you here, tps. I sure wish we had a better FG game, because Fritz seems to be deathly afraid of kicking FGs. Not that I blame him, given our troubles the last few seasons, but he seem to be afraid of anything over 40 yds, no matter who the kicker is.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:42 pm

We tried to tell you gaining tons of rushing yards against Sunbelt defenses wasn't the same as playing Tulane. However, I think what hurt more was getting behind early. It kept you from being able to run as much as I'm sure Napier wanted to. Then again, 4 three and outs in the first half didn't help. You had 19 carries for 107 yards (5.7 ypc) from your "three-headed" monster, but if you take out the one big play early, its 18-69. Less than 4 yards a carry won't win games.
I said elsewhere here on this site, stop our run game and we'd be toast because our qb is simply not a difference maker in most games. He's good enough to complete passes with accuracy when the run game is clicking, but gets into trouble quickly when forced to pass most downs, sacked, forced out of the pocket. Napier did the best he could there with what he had to work with..

Of course, our defense has been improving this year, but with that said you can imagine how horrid it was at the beginning of the year. We're still two years away from having a defense that can actually win games.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BTW, we denied ULL a winning season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Cheers to my fellow greenies. I am a full believer in fritz. He has improved our program every year and i am expecting more exciting times to come. It feels good to have a winning season and it feels ever better to win a bowl game.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:29 pm
Hey Cajun Troll, McMillan will be back next year! :lol:

And, did you notice the Wave outgained ULALA 482 yards to 258? And, the Wave had 28 first downs to ULALA’s 11? And, the Wave rushed for 337 yards to 84 for ULALA? And, the Wave won time of possession 40:31 to 19:29?

And, the only thing keeping it respectable was our “coaching philosophy” for WF?

The Mighty ‘Belt “West Champion” didn’t belong on the same field with this Wave team.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:09 pm

And, did you notice the Wave outgained ULALA 482 yards to 258? And, the Wave had 28 first downs to ULALA’s 11? And, the Wave rushed for 337 yards to 84 for ULALA? And, the Wave won time of possession 40:31 to 19:29?

And, the only thing keeping it respectable was our “coaching philosophy” for WF?

The Mighty ‘Belt “West Champion” didn’t belong on the same field with this Wave team. :wave:

Just impossible for some here like the above to be gracious winners!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:29 pm

The Mighty ‘Belt “West Champion” didn’t belong on the same field with this Wave team. :wave:

Just impossible for some here like the above to be gracious winners!
We true fans have put up with a lot of crap from trolls and other Tulane haters on this forum.

Roll Wave Roll!!!
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Jeezs, calm down. Some can be gracious and some can talk some smack. It’s the beauty of winning. Why don’t you just enjoy it
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Why not? He has another year of eligibility and certainly isn't ready for the NFL, CFL or even indoor football!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm Jeezs, calm down. Some can be gracious and some can talk some smack. It’s the beauty of winning. Why don’t you just enjoy it
If we had lost the trolls and their “apologists” on the forum would have “celebrated” our defeat for days!

My post to Cajun Troll was only the truth, and everyone on this forum knows it!

Instead, what a fun day for Wave fans everywhere!

Roll Wave Roll!!!
cajunfanatico
Swell

The Mighty ‘Belt “West Champion” didn’t belong on the same field with this Wave team.
Hey 755, I congratulated the Wave on the win.

And yes, I noticed all those things. Also noted our first year coach got us to a a championship game and a bowl game after taking over a wrecked locker room.

Again, congrats.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm Jeezs, calm down. Some can be gracious and some can talk some smack. It’s the beauty of winning. Why don’t you just enjoy it
If we had lost the trolls and their “apologists” on the forum would have “celebrated” our defeat for days!

My post to Cajun Troll was only the truth, and everyone on this forum knows it!

Instead, what a fun day for Wave fans everywhere!

Roll Wave Roll!!!
Did I post a single comment, negative or otherwise, after the Cajuns beat Tulane in basketball.....or baseball for that matter.

We live rent-free in your head. That's not healthy.
Dave breslin
Swell

To Cajun Fan, I’d like to apologize for some of our fans. Every team has a few. There’s absolutely no reason for us to be snarky. For god sake, we’ve been the sphincter of college football for years but I do think we’re in a forward position with our program. Our defense, especially our young players, show real promise just as Fritz showed in getting an OC that will get us moving in a more modern way. McMillan is back and he’s the type to make an open offense work(optimistically). Haven’t felt this -well ever- with Tulane. If we did have a good coach, they’d leave after getting the engine to run (Mack/Pittman/Smith...). Fritz seems to know his shi- as CJ was a nice guy in over his head. Now let’s get another recruiting coup and get to a bigger bowl and win that and take UCFs place as a p5 spoiler. Roll Wave!!!