Tulane Whips ULL 41-24 In The Cure Bowl

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:00 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm Jeezs, calm down. Some can be gracious and some can talk some smack. It’s the beauty of winning. Why don’t you just enjoy it
If we had lost the trolls and their “apologists” on the forum would have “celebrated” our defeat for days!

My post to Cajun Troll was only the truth, and everyone on this forum knows it!

Instead, what a fun day for Wave fans everywhere!

Roll Wave Roll!!!
Did I post a single comment, negative or otherwise, after the Cajuns beat Tulane in basketball.....or baseball for that matter.

We live rent-free in your head. That's not healthy.
Couldn’t care less about ULALA.

And, what happened to Flasher (exflash)? Doesn’t he love Tulane too? After all, his mother supposedly went to Tulane? :D

Roll Wave Roll!!!

cajunfanatico
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm To Cajun Fan, I’d like to apologize for some of our fans. Every team has a few. There’s absolutely no reason for us to be snarky. For god sake, we’ve been the sphincter of college football for years but I do think we’re in a forward position with our program. Our defense, especially our young players, show real promise just as Fritz showed in getting an OC that will get us moving in a more modern way. McMillan is back and he’s the type to make an open offense work(optimistically). Haven’t felt this -well ever- with Tulane. If we did have a good coach, they’d leave after getting the engine to run (Mack/Pittman/Smith...). Fritz seems to know his shi- as CJ was a nice guy in over his head. Now let’s get another recruiting coup and get to a bigger bowl and win that and take UCFs place as a p5 spoiler. Roll Wave!!!
Thanks Dave, but there's really no reason to apologize. I understand the rules of smack on college message boards even though I don't come here and talk smack to you guys. I've said it a hundred times here probably and it's still the truth. Because my dad was a graduate of Tulane, he was a fan. And like most young kids who worship their dads, I was a fan as well, long before I ever knew there was a USL.

I'll be honest here and say that, up until VERY RECENTLY, I wasn't convinced that Fritz was a good hire for you guys. He seemed too slow and methodical for my liking, too bull-headed perhaps as it related to staff and how he does things. I viewed him as being on cruise-control and that's rarely a good thing in the coaching circles.

Fritz's firing his OC at the end of the season was a huge surprise for me. however. The Hall hire was a good one as Cajun fans had experience with him and belived him to be a fine OC mind. I didn't realize McMillan would be back, and that coupled with Hall's hiring really changes the dynamic for you guys next year. If Fritz lets Hall do his job, you guys should look even better next year. Don't know what you lose on D, but if you've got a good recruiting class coming in, you should be good there as well.

McMillan's the key IMHO.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:00 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm Jeezs, calm down. Some can be gracious and some can talk some smack. It’s the beauty of winning. Why don’t you just enjoy it
If we had lost the trolls and their “apologists” on the forum would have “celebrated” our defeat for days!

My post to Cajun Troll was only the truth, and everyone on this forum knows it!

Instead, what a fun day for Wave fans everywhere!

Roll Wave Roll!!!
Did I post a single comment, negative or otherwise, after the Cajuns beat Tulane in basketball.....or baseball for that matter.

We live rent-free in your head. That's not healthy.
Couldn’t care less about ULALA.

The guy who knows more about the Cajun athletic program than I, "couldn't care less". Sure. 'K.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave arriving back to MSY at about 8:00 p.m. tonight! :D
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Question for the board. Do we call U LA LA’s conference the Belch, the Fun Belt, the Mighty Belt, or the Kiddie Belt? I don’t know what name I like the best for their pathetic conference.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm To Cajun Fan, I’d like to apologize for some of our fans. Every team has a few. There’s absolutely no reason for us to be snarky. For god sake, we’ve been the sphincter of college football for years but I do think we’re in a forward position with our program. Our defense, especially our young players, show real promise just as Fritz showed in getting an OC that will get us moving in a more modern way. McMillan is back and he’s the type to make an open offense work(optimistically). Haven’t felt this -well ever- with Tulane. If we did have a good coach, they’d leave after getting the engine to run (Mack/Pittman/Smith...). Fritz seems to know his shi- as CJ was a nice guy in over his head. Now let’s get another recruiting coup and get to a bigger bowl and win that and take UCFs place as a p5 spoiler. Roll Wave!!!
A really great post, Dave.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Dave breslin
Swell

Houston, I just call ‘Emma as I see ‘em. I’ve made a few uncomfortable with my input, especially after we’ve played poorly and I’m drinking and watching
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 pm Houston, I just call ‘Emma as I see ‘em. I’ve made a few uncomfortable with my input, especially after we’ve played poorly and I’m drinking and watching
For long time Tulane fans, drinking is mandatory, watching is optional. 🥃🥃🥃
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Big win to carry into next season. We are a better team and showed it today. Looking forward to 2019!
Roll Wave!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

In a mere 3 years Fitts-Hertz-Dannen have proven what we all knew all along. The only thing Tulane need do to be successful for Div. 1 football is pay a Div. 1 salary to our coach and his staff and play by the same rules as everyone else. Kelly introduced the “Tulane Model,” Cowen retained most of Kelly’s “Tulane Model” but also refused to pay a Div. 1 salary for our coach thereby limiting us to “shot in the dark” hires the likes of Scelfo, Toledo & CJ. There is never a long line for martyrdom. Under Kelly and Cowen the Tulane HC job was seen by quality coaches as hopeless.

Since no one in G5 can successfully recruit head-to-head against a LSU, it is imperative we separate ourselves in Louisiana from the likes of ULALA, UL-Monroe, and a more formidable La Tech.

LSU offers only about 12 to 15 Louisiana football players a year. We have to be the choice of all good Louisiana players LSU doesn’t offer but who want to play in-state. Today’s beat down of ULALA, and some of you “Tulane fans” might not want to admit it, but a beat down it was, will go a long way to showing Louisiana high school football players we are by far as a program in a different class than ULALA, UL-M, La. Tech and the AAC as a conference is far superior from A to Z to both CUSA and the SBC.

Today was a big statement by Tulane for Louisiana football. This state has more than enough talent for 2 top 25 programs.

Roll Wave Roll!!! :D
Dave breslin
Swell

Good synopsis 755. College football has changed in the last 30-40 years and our past administrations didn’t or wouldn’t recognize it because it didn’t fit their “academic “ goals. When the reality is-take men and ladies and mold and form them to be the best that they can be. There’s never been a reason why TU can’t be competitive unless you don’t want it or you don’t have the gonads and work ethic to make it happen. I’ve always thought,although it’s archaic, that we can be as good as anyone-if we had the right leadership. Unfortunately, we have had leadershit. Arrogance has killed us. Time to work hard and make it happen. Tulane is a great place and has deserved better than the numbnuts that steered us in the past.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

It's a great time to be a Tulane football fan :-)

Loved today, just wish I could have been there. Here's to 2019. Is it football season yet?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
GreenLantern
Riptide

If there's one thing that is bad about today, it's having to wait over 8 months to get more of the experience.

Roll Wave!
Dupergreenie
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:26 pm
Thanks Dave, but there's really no reason to apologize. I understand the rules of smack on college message boards even though I don't come here and talk smack to you guys. I've said it a hundred times here probably and it's still the truth. Because my dad was a graduate of Tulane, he was a fan. And like most young kids who worship their dads, I was a fan as well, long before I ever knew there was a USL.

I'll be honest here and say that, up until VERY RECENTLY, I wasn't convinced that Fritz was a good hire for you guys. He seemed too slow and methodical for my liking, too bull-headed perhaps as it related to staff and how he does things. I viewed him as being on cruise-control and that's rarely a good thing in the coaching circles.

Fritz's firing his OC at the end of the season was a huge surprise for me. however. The Hall hire was a good one as Cajun fans had experience with him and belived him to be a fine OC mind. I didn't realize McMillan would be back, and that coupled with Hall's hiring really changes the dynamic for you guys next year. If Fritz lets Hall do his job, you guys should look even better next year. Don't know what you lose on D, but if you've got a good recruiting class coming in, you should be good there as well.

McMillan's the key IMHO.
I agree with you on CWF. I wasn't happy going to a bowl because I figured it meant that the staff would stay intact. When I saw that Ruse was fired I was so happy (I'm an asshole I accept that). Hall seems to be an energetic young guy who hopefully has a head coaching opportunity in a few years cause he sparked this offense. Mcmillan's main job is to give our younger guys (even if the player isn't currently on the team) another year to learn, get bigger, whatever. HOPEFULLY Tulane can improve (maybe even play for a conference championship) next year get to a (gasp) 2nd bowl and continue to build.

Good luck to you cajuns. I still have good memories of the new Orleans bowl.
Wave755
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm It's a great time to be a Tulane football fan :-)

Loved today, just wish I could have been there. Here's to 2019. Is it football season yet?
+1, Great to be a T-u-l-a-n-e G-r-e-e-n W-a-v-e! (to steal one from those Florida Gators :) :D ;) )
Eaglewave
Swell

I told y’all that we would win a bowl game this year! Congratulations Coach Fritz! This was the hire I wanted badly because I knew he would put us in the Bowl Season. Fritz will keep us in the 7+ win column as long as he is around. He was robbed last year, but we will be going bowling more often under his watch.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I really hope the Mayor of New Orleans and City Council invite the Tulane football team and coaches to City Hall to present them with the keys to the city or at least a proclamation congratulating the team for their winning record, bowl win, and the classy way that they represent the city. This needs to happen. I hope people on here contact Joseph Giarusso, District A councilman, along with Mayor Cantrell to get this done.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’m ready for 2019 ! Let’s win some recruiting battles and win the division next year. It would be truly amazing to drub UCF next year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Heading home! Great trip up for all that made it. The program has turned the corner. I can’t wait for the high uptempo offense we’re going to run next season!
Roll Wave!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 am Heading home! Great trip up for all that made it. The program has turned the corner. I can’t wait for the high uptempo offense we’re going to run next season!
Roll Wave!
So jealous of you, TPS.

Wish I could have been there too.

Roll Wave Roll for 2019.
MicMan
Swell

Sixteen years between bowl wins, but headed in the right direction!
Forever TU
Surge

Wave755
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:54 pm Sixteen years between bowl wins, but headed in the right direction!
And this time, unlike for 2002, no Scott Cowen!

And, I doubt very much Michael Fitts will do a “review” for Div. 1 football this coming spring of 2019. :D