South Alabama Wallops The Wave 81-60

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

In year three of Coach Dunleavy's tenure, I find it hard to believe that one player's knee injury would bring about such an embarrassing record. Although I was initially intrigued with the Dunleavy hire, I have changed my vote to one of 'no confidence'.

netshorty
Surge

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:03 pm In year three of Coach Dunleavy's tenure, I find it hard to believe that one player's knee injury would bring about such an embarrassing record. Although I was initially intrigued with the Dunleavy hire, I have changed my vote to one of 'no confidence'.
I too was intrigued but my vote changed in year 1. it was clear that MD didn't get the college game. IMO, he is the worst coach we've had since trying to replace the success of Perry Clark.
JDTulane
Riptide

This is getting pretty bad....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Something is wrong. Year 3 and we either don’t have the talent or coaching (or both) to beat ULL, SELA or USA you must be kidding me. Unacceptable.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Only conference will count going forward but yes, things are looking really dark for his tenure. Last one out of Devlin turn out the lights?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:59 am Only conference will count going forward but yes, things are looking really dark for his tenure. Last one out of Devlin turn out the lights?
but alas not all is bad...MD's wife gtt to move back in NOLA....there is a purpose to all things
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 am
swampnik wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:59 am Only conference will count going forward but yes, things are looking really dark for his tenure. Last one out of Devlin turn out the lights?
but alas not all is bad...MD's wife gtt to move back in NOLA....there is a purpose to all things
That would be one for the HOME team, yes.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
oliveandblue
Surge

The rest of this conference actually looks kinda good. They need to fire this guy ASAP.

This team could go 5-24 this year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If we want to win and go to the NCAA's regularly, we need to find and pay an up and coming coach. Dan Hurley, at UConn, is making $3 million/year. That kind of money in New Orleans, should attract tons of candidates. If we "only" offer $2 million, it still should land us a great coach that knows the college game.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ix-things/

Fritz should always make more $ than the basketball coach as well. If he leaves at some point, shame on us for not paying him.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V