Tulane VB to Host Final Four

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They'll host Charleston on Saturday at 7. IT'S FREE ! Willie Fritz showed the Christmas spirit and bought the place out.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
localvb
High Tide

I read on the jumbotron the Coach Fritz bought all the tickets to Saturday Final Four Match. That is so classy!!

Tulane just overwhelmed Valpo tonight. This team just has so much fight and talent at every position. Teams can’t stop them because they come at you from so many different hitters. Just a joy to watch.

Devlin had some good energy tonight and more people but it still is just way too small of a crowd. Especially for what this team is doing. Can’t inagine how hard this team would play with an actual home crowd making noise for them. There were about 700 tonight. Saturday for a Final Four match you can only hope it will fill up.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am so proud and happy for the young ladies.....Green Backers, plan a party / BBQ outside of Fogelman, get TD involved, get some asses in the seats, make noise and enoy the good plays made by both teams, becasue we all know, we could not make them !!!...Young ladies, go kick some Butts....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 am I am so proud and happy for the young ladies.....Green Backers, plan a party / BBQ outside of Fogelman, get TD involved, get some asses in the seats, make noise and enoy the good plays made by both teams, becasue we all know, we could not make them !!!...Young ladies, go kick some Butts....
Greenbackers were in full force last night. In fact prior to the match our president was given a team autographed VB from coach Barnes. Very exciting match to watch. Besides us, Coach Fritz and a few FB players made it out as well (some had laptops and were doing school work in the stands). Saturday is the high school FB state championships in the Dome so that may impact the crowd somewhat. Appreciate Tulane making the matches free. Being free and winning definitely seemed to have a positive impact on attendance last night.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the ladies and thank to Coach Fritz for being a real mensch.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
McWave
High Tide

There are various girl's club teams in the NOLA area (NOLA VB, Blue Crab, Krewe, etc.). These clubs have hundreds of members (age 10-18) each. I believe current TU setter (Ibieta) played for NOLA VB. I would suggest TU get the word out about free admission to these coaches.. Plus several local Catholic/Private HS teams (Chapelle, Mt. Carmel, Dominican, Cabrini, Country Day, etc.). has excellent VB programs. I would imagine high quality competition would interest both players and coaches. Even St. Joseph's Academy in BR has a very good team coached by Sivi Miller (Tulane VB alum 85-89).
localvb
High Tide

McWave wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:59 am There are various girl's club teams in the NOLA area (NOLA VB, Blue Crab, Krewe, etc.). These clubs have hundreds of members (age 10-18) each. I believe current TU setter (Ibieta) played for NOLA VB. I would suggest TU get the word out about free admission to these coaches.. Plus several local Catholic/Private HS teams (Chapelle, Mt. Carmel, Dominican, Cabrini, Country Day, etc.). has excellent VB programs. I would imagine high quality competition would interest both players and coaches. Even St. Joseph's Academy in BR has a very good team coached by Sivi Miller (Tulane VB alum 85-89).
Coach Barnes and his staff have been sending us (prep VB world) this info all season and a bunch more lately. Shocking more club/HS people and players aren’t filling the stands. Just 2 days ago every HS and Middle school in the STATE got a personal letter from coach to attend.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

localvb wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 am
McWave wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:59 am There are various girl's club teams in the NOLA area (NOLA VB, Blue Crab, Krewe, etc.). These clubs have hundreds of members (age 10-18) each. I believe current TU setter (Ibieta) played for NOLA VB. I would suggest TU get the word out about free admission to these coaches.. Plus several local Catholic/Private HS teams (Chapelle, Mt. Carmel, Dominican, Cabrini, Country Day, etc.). has excellent VB programs. I would imagine high quality competition would interest both players and coaches. Even St. Joseph's Academy in BR has a very good team coached by Sivi Miller (Tulane VB alum 85-89).
Coach Barnes and his staff have been sending us (prep VB world) this info all season and a bunch more lately. Shocking more club/HS people and players aren’t filling the stands. Just 2 days ago every HS and Middle school in the STATE got a personal letter from coach to attend.
That’s ok. It takes time to build a fan base. Persistence and winning will go a long way in that effort.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:28 am
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 am I am so proud and happy for the young ladies.....Green Backers, plan a party / BBQ outside of Fogelman, get TD involved, get some asses in the seats, make noise and enoy the good plays made by both teams, becasue we all know, we could not make them !!!...Young ladies, go kick some Butts....
Greenbackers were in full force last night. In fact prior to the match our president was given a team autographed VB from coach Barnes. Very exciting match to watch. Besides us, Coach Fritz and a few FB players made it out as well (some had laptops and were doing school work in the stands). Saturday is the high school FB state championships in the Dome so that may impact the crowd somewhat. Appreciate Tulane making the matches free. Being free and winning definitely seemed to have a positive impact on attendance last night.
In addition to the the HS Championships we are unfortunately due to get some horrific weather tomorrow with a good chance for flooding due to the expected heavy rainstorms. Hope it doesn't turn out that way for many reasons. Tulane students are probably the best hope for a full house. Hopefully they are having a pep rally today or tonight to put them on full alert. No matter the crowd I wish them the best.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If they win Saturday, will they host the championship game? Or does that depend on what Iowa St does?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:19 pm If they win Saturday, will they host the championship game? Or does that depend on what Iowa St does?
So are we hosting the final four of this tournament, or simply our own semi-final game?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Our own semi-final match.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Looked it up! We won 3-1 after dropping the first set.

WAY TO ROLL WAVE!

ROLL on Green Wave Roll ON!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats!!! They play at Iowa St. for the championship. I have been told it will be on ESPN3.