Line Closing Wave 3 pts. > ULALA

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread opens Wave 4 pts. > ULALA (Rotation nos. 203-204 for Vegas Sheet). http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

O/U 59 pts.

Under Sagarin's ratings system we are about a 5.5 pt. favorite against ULALA for a neutral field. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/s ... onference/

ULALA, (7-6, ‘Belt 5-4) “body of work” to date:

1) 9/1 – ULALA 49, Grambling St. 17;
2) 9/15 – Miss. St. 56, ULALA 10;;
3) 9/22 – Coastal Carolina 30, ULALA 28;
4) 9/29 – Alabama 56, ULALA 14;
5) 10/6 – ULALA 42, Texas St. 27;
6) 10/13 – ULALA 66, N. Mexico St. 38;
7) 10/20 – Appy St. 27, ULALA 17;
8) 10/27 – ULALA 47, Ark. St. 43;
9) 11/3 – Troy 26, ULALA 16;
10) 11/10 – ULALA 36, Ga. St. 22;
11) 11/17 – ULALA 48, So. Alabama 38;
12) 11/24 – ULALA 31, UL-M 28;
13) 12/1 - Mighty 'Belt Conference Championship Game – Appy St. 30, ULALA 19.

Same old ULALA "success story," they are in the crappier division of a crappy “so called” G5 conference, the Sunbelt. Notice they lost to ‘Belt East Division Troy & Appy St. in the regular season and then Appy. St. again for the 'Belt Championship Game"? The ‘Belt West Division where ULALA is found together with Ark. St., UL-M, So. Alabama & Texas St. is a total joke. I suppose their "biggest" win of the year was 47 to 43 for Ark. St.? So, for "big wins," it would appear Ark. St. was about it for ULALA for the 2018 season. :wink: Therefore, we have to make sure it stays that way! :thumbup: .
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm Spread opens Wave 4 pts. > ULALA (Rotation nos. 203-204 for Vegas Sheet). http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

O/U 59 pts.

Under Sagarin's ratings system we are about a 5.5 pt. favorite against ULALA for a neutral field. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/s ... onference/

Same old ULALA "success story," they are in the crappier division of a crappy “so called” G5 conference, the Sunbelt. Notice they lost to ‘Belt East Division Troy & Appy St. in the regular season and then Appy. St. again for the 'Belt Championship Game"? The ‘Belt West Division where ULALA is found together with Ark. St., UL-M, So. Alabama & Texas St. is a total joke. I suppose their "biggest" win of the year was 47 to 43 for Ark. St.? So, for "big wins," it would appear Ark. St. was about it for ULALA for the 2018 season. :wink: Therefore, we have to make sure it stays that way! :thumbup: .
I understand the concept of smack talk, but it still amazes me that for someone who claims to be a graduate of Tulane's law school and is a practicing attorney, you come across as a 13 year old when writing this stuff. Is this really the best you have to offer?

For those of you who don't know the story, but might interested in hearing what Napier accomplished this year, here's the truth.

He took over about a year ago a football team that had quit on the previous coaching staff. And I mean that. There were very serious locker room issues besides the obvious problems on the field.

While Napier was handed a crew of quality RB's, WR's, and an OL with promise, our best qb option was a walk-on who had received zero FBS offers. The defense, if that's what you want to call it, was a total train wreck. Just terrible, depleted and demoralized..

We took our lumps early-on but most Cajun fans who were paying attention saw slow, steady improvement from week to week. That didn't necessarily translate to wins, but the improvement at many levels, especially by the defensive squad, was evident.

Napier appeared to have cleaned up the locker room issues, got the team to buy-in to his system, worked with the starting qb to get him up to snuff to at least win some games for us, and his coaching staff slowly but surely built a defensive squad good enough to at least keep us in some games.

By the end of the season, we not only reached bowl-eligibility, we actually won the Western Division of the conference by beating ULM on the road.

Our game last Saturday was a loss, but this team was in that game until late in the 4th quarter. The difference in the game was that our offense let us down against a very good App defense, but overall our defense played lights out, all things considered.

Just after the loss, a Cure Bowl rep gave the invite to the team and staff which Napier accepted, of course.. But those of us who watched that clip all agreed that the look on those kids faces was not one of joy for having achieved more than anyone thought they could this year, they looked pissed for having lost a game they believed they were going to win.

Napier, with the hand he was dealt, in the conference in which he chose to start his head coaching career, did a remarkable job in his first year IMHO. I have no clue how any of this will translate to our performance against the Wave in a couple of weeks, but rest assured you'll be facing a team that will not give up.

Good luck to all, hoping for an injury-free game, may the best team win, and may the refs go unnoticed by everyone.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:48 pm
Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm Spread opens Wave 4 pts. > ULALA (Rotation nos. 203-204 for Vegas Sheet). http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

O/U 59 pts.

I understand the concept of smack talk, but it still amazes me that for someone who claims to be a graduate of Tulane's law school and is a practicing attorney, you come across as a 13 year old when writing this stuff. Is this really the best you have to offer?

For those of you who don't know the story, but might interested in hearing what Napier accomplished this year, here's the truth.

He took over about a year ago a football team that had quit on the previous coaching staff. And I mean that. There were very serious locker room issues besides the obvious problems on the field.

While Napier was handed a crew of quality RB's, WR's, and an OL with promise, our best qb option was a walk-on who had received zero FBS offers. The defense, if that's what you want to call it, was a total train wreck. Just terrible, depleted and demoralized..

We took our lumps early-on but most Cajun fans who were paying attention saw slow, steady improvement from week to week. That didn't necessarily translate to wins, but the improvement at many levels, especially by the defensive squad, was evident.

Napier appeared to have cleaned up the locker room issues, got the team to buy-in to his system, worked with the starting qb to get him up to snuff to at least win some games for us, and his coaching staff slowly but surely built a defensive squad good enough to at least keep us in some games.

By the end of the season, we not only reached bowl-eligibility, we actually won the Western Division of the conference by beating ULM on the road.

Our game last Saturday was a loss, but this team was in that game until late in the 4th quarter.
The difference in the game was that our offensive let us down against a very good App defense, but overall our defense played lights out, all things considered.

Just after the loss, a Cure Bowl rep gave the invite to the team and staff which Napier accepted, of course.. But those of us who watched that clip all agreed that the look on those kids faces was not one of joy for having achieved more than anyone thought they could this year, they looked pissed for having lost a game they believed they were going to win.

Napier, with the hand he was dealt, in the conference in which he chose to start his head coaching career, did a remarkable job in his first year IMHO. I have no clue how any of this will translate to our performance against the Wave in a couple of weeks, but rest assured you'll be facing a team that will not give up.

Good luck to all, hoping for an injury-free game, may the best team win, and may the refs go unnoticed by everyone.
But Cajun Troll, on September 4, 2015 didnt you post, "Striving for more, Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth’s proven plan driven by never-ending worry of coming up short"? :lol: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7840

A troll is a troll is a troll.! :D
kookingkajun
Low Tide

Cajun, I have to agree with you about 755’s juvenile name references. I think I stopped that when I was 17. Then I became an adult. And I could never understand why he calls anyone that either post or reply to a topic in then”other Louisiana schools” a troll. I thought that’s where you could post.
cajunfanatico
Swell

kookingkajun wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm Cajun, I have to agree with you about 755’s juvenile name references. I think I stopped that when I was 17. Then I became an adult. And I could never understand why he calls anyone that either post or reply to a topic in then”other Louisiana schools” a troll. I thought that’s where you could post.
He doesn't bother me at all really. I just wonder sometimes if normal Wave fans are as embarrassed for him as I.

And actually, in his favor, if one wants the latest, in-depth, news stats, and breaking stories on Cajuns athletics, you can always count on 755 to deliver because he really couldn't care less about the Cajun program.. :lol:
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm
kookingkajun wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm Cajun, I have to agree with you about 755’s juvenile name references. I think I stopped that when I was 17. Then I became an adult. And I could never understand why he calls anyone that either post or reply to a topic in then”other Louisiana schools” a troll. I thought that’s where you could post.
He doesn't bother me at all really. I just wonder sometimes if normal Wave fans are as embarrassed for him as I.

And actually, in his favor, if one wants the latest, in-depth, news stats, and breaking stories on Cajuns athletics, you can always count on 755 to deliver because he really couldn't care less about the Cajun program.. :lol:
Two Cajun Trolls!!! And, my post is only the truth for both ULALA and the "Mighty "Belt"! :thumbup:
Jaxwave
Swell

Any Tulane fan who gets cocky about any matchup we have in football is pretty stupid. We have proven for 60 years no game is not loseable.
Wave755
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm Any Tulane fan who gets cocky about any matchup we have in football is pretty stupid. We have proven for 60 years no game is not loseable.
Actually, I don't think my post is "cocky" at all. Even Sagarin has us only a 5.5 pt. favorite. Still ULALA's only "quality win" for 2018 is by 4 points over Ark. State, 47 to 43. At least we did beat USF @ USF and Memphis @ Yulman this year. If ULALA were in the AAC, it would be going to no bowl game this year. 8-)
Wave QB
Swell

After our last bowl showing against ULL, I don’t think the smack talk bothers ULL. Today’s college football word knows them as a bowl program over us. The world has seen them put on exciting Bowl wins under Hudspeth including when they ripped our hearts out in our own house.

We can’t be cocky and Wave755 needs to settle down with the smack just a bit. We have a very good chance at losing this one again, and being embarrassed on national television again. Bash the Sun Belt if you want to, but we have no evidence that our record would have been great in their conference. I think we could have won 9 games, but I can’t be confident in that prediction.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 pm After our last bowl showing against ULL, I don’t think the smack talk bothers ULL. Today’s college football word knows them as a bowl program over us. The world has seen them put on exciting Bowl wins under Hudspeth including when they ripped our hearts out in our own house.

We can’t be cocky and Wave755 needs to settle down with the smack just a bit. We have a very good chance at losing this one again, and being embarrassed on national television again. Bash the Sun Belt if you want to, but we have no evidence that our record would have been great in their conference. I think we could have won 9 games, but I can’t be confident in that prediction.
+1, Wave QB, at least 9 games. :thumbup: But, it would be the Sunbelt? :(
Wave755
Tsunami

Line closing Wave 3 pts. > ULALA

O/U 60.5 pts.

Vegas still thinks this will be a very close game.

Show time!
Wave755
Tsunami

Tulane only 3 pts. over ULALA made no sense to me? The sharp really blew it on this one, too little respect for us and took much respect for the SBC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Don’t forget about that vaunted sunbelt speed that would overmatch Tulane