Cure Bowl Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:31 am What a bunch of clowns from the article, several Tulane players were respectful and said ULL were rivals . . . Which love it or hate it in recent history they are. . . The ULL players said they didn’t follow the wave and to paraphrase didn’t really care about us. If we shall abandon any appearance of being courteous so be JR.

To the ULL farmers I look forward to witnessing your earning potential and quality of life over the next 40 years, . . And let’s see how you play football in the next 4 days. I feel pretty good we’ll shut down your run game, destroy your qb and our new offense will put you in your place. Your program and school are afterthoughts and we are on the way up . . . Also to further play into your platitudes- Au Revoir and ta-ta boys and make sure to put an extra coat of wax on my sons car.
Why the hatred of farmers Bicoastal? I hope you realize that food doesn't come from supermarkets.

Seriously, I've never understood the elitist attitude expressed by some here that unless one is graduated from a university such as Tulane, one's fate in life is guaranteed to be poor in quality. I'd imagine that in the US there are thousands of millionaires, and even a few billionaires, who never set foot on a college campus. And there are probably more than a few who graduate at the top of their classes from elite institutions of higher learning who are also complete idiots when it comes to earning and investing money or even functioning in everyday life. Life is what you make of it.

I never made the grades when I was in high school to be accepted by a university like Tulane. To put it bluntly, I was a fuck-off in high school. But something happened to me once I started college at USL and I got serious. I worked full-time at a local hospital while putting myself through school, It took me 5 years to get my degree, but the experience definitely prepared me for the future. When I landed a job in my field after grauduation, I saw the potential, worked my ass off for the owners, later became a partner and ended up buying the company, Four years later, after taking our services world-wide, I sold it a NYSE company. I then retired. Age 47. It happens.

Here's to a good game tomorrow, hopefully with zero injuries. The better team will definitely win as I'm confident both squads want to end the year winners.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone find it odd that the ULL trolls appear whenever we have a shared sporting event? This is not the case with followers of SMU, Navy or our other AAC rivals. Perhaps SMU and Navy fans are secure with their identities and don't feel the need to convince us that they actually deserve a place on life's competitve stage. Nevertheless, the ULL fans persist. They regale us with sweeping narratives of personal success. They tell us stories that are so epic they would do justice to a marrying of styles between Horatio Alger's Ragged Dick and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's Evangeline. It's as though they were imagining a personal victory: a poor struggling coonass lad, making good in life and ultimately defeating the evil, greedy squire. We hear tales of their personal triumphs that should be reserved for motivating grandchildren. I'm a little embarassed for these 'ragin cajuns' when I read their biographies on the pages of a competing team's sports forum. SPORTS for heaven's sake. Methinks there may be feared inadequacies at play.

Might these coonasses be secrety masturbating while reading our sports forums while imagining compensatory fantasies?
ajcalhoun
Swell

I welcome fans of opposing teams to come here and discuss games. That is one aspect of gotula.net that I find lacking. I frequent many college message boards and none of the others are as insecure about opponents sharing their views. We complain about censorship by the mods on yogwf but here it's our own posters who are the jerks.
God Bless Everyone!
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am Anyone find it odd that the ULL trolls appear whenever we have a shared sporting event? This is not the case with followers of SMU, Navy or our other AAC rivals. Perhaps SMU and Navy fans are secure with their identities and don't feel the need to convince us that they actually deserve a place on life's competitve stage. Nevertheless, the ULL fans persist. They regale us with sweeping narratives of personal success. They tell us stories that are so epic they would do justice to a marrying of styles between Horatio Alger's Ragged Dick and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's Evangeline. It's as though they were imagining a personal victory: a poor struggling coonass lad, making good in life and ultimately defeating the evil, greedy squire. We hear tales of their personal triumphs that should be reserved for motivating grandchildren. I'm a little embarassed for these 'ragin cajuns' when I read their biographies on the pages of a competing team's sports forum. SPORTS for heaven's sake. Methinks there may be feared inadequacies at play.

Might these coonasses be secrety masturbating while reading our sports forums while imagining compensatory fantasies?
I've posted here for years GL and I never come here and act like an asshole, ever.. How often do our schools even play one another in football or basketball? The only regular matchups seem to be in baseball and that series is always interesting and hard-fought.

My dad was a graduate of Tulane and I was a Tulane fan LONG before I was ever a Cajun fan. I've said here before, yes, I'm a Cajun fan first and foremost, but I still follow and support Tulane athletics. I don't know why some people can't comprehend such a concept.

While I understand the concept of smack talk in athletic competition, this need to constantly insult and belittle the intelligence, education, culture, or motives of others simply becaue they support "the other team", doesn't make sense to me. You don't even know me.

In closing, I've had some very enjoyable conversations via PM with a few posters here and hope to continue those friendships. That's to say, I have no intention of being driven away by your insults. Have a good day.
Last edited by cajunfanatico on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:22 am I welcome fans of opposing teams to come here and discuss games. That is one aspect of gotula.net that I find lacking. I frequent many college message boards and none of the others are as insecure about opponents sharing their views. We complain about censorship by the mods on yogwf but here it's our own posters who are the jerks.
I shouldn't be so thin-skinned AJ as every athletic forum has their share of assholes who will pounce on anyone who happens to support an opponent. I myself am guilty of making fun of LaTech fans because of the differences in our cultures, but I don't recall ever directing my negative comments at a specific poster, especially one who was merely trying to participate and exchange information. Now, go to their website and you'll often have your posts altered by the moderators or deleted for no reason. I've never seen that here or at our site.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:22 am I welcome fans of opposing teams to come here and discuss games. That is one aspect of gotula.net that I find lacking. I frequent many college message boards and none of the others are as insecure about opponents sharing their views. We complain about censorship by the mods on yogwf but here it's our own posters who are the jerks.
I totally agree. Just as I think those that attack those of us that post realistic viewpoints (as opposed to MANY that post with Olive Green and Sky Blue glasses on) are jerks as well. They lose all credibility. Cajunfanatico is not a troll. Many of his post far exceed any post by certain posters here that are mostly nonsense.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

I was impressed in the recent past at the substantial investment CF showed us that ULALA made to support its athletic programs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane Athletics Blog from the Cure Bowl:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/1 ... lando.aspx

It's kind of funny that they celebrate the "swag". Not too long ago those gifts would have lead to NCAA sanctions. I guess the NCAA is coming down from it's (ridiculous and hypocritical) "holier than thou" platform.
Bigschtick
Riptide

I agree 100%. I welcome cajunfanatico here.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Eaglewave
Swell

I agree. It’s fun to kick their asses as well.

Hang around ULL fans! We are ready to give you a beat down.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am Anyone find it odd that the ULL trolls appear whenever we have a shared sporting event? This is not the case with followers of SMU, Navy or our other AAC rivals. Perhaps SMU and Navy fans are secure with their identities and don't feel the need to convince us that they actually deserve a place on life's competitve stage. Nevertheless, the ULL fans persist. They regale us with sweeping narratives of personal success. They tell us stories that are so epic they would do justice to a marrying of styles between Horatio Alger's Ragged Dick and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's Evangeline. It's as though they were imagining a personal victory: a poor struggling coonass lad, making good in life and ultimately defeating the evil, greedy squire. We hear tales of their personal triumphs that should be reserved for motivating grandchildren. I'm a little embarassed for these 'ragin cajuns' when I read their biographies on the pages of a competing team's sports forum. SPORTS for heaven's sake. Methinks there may be feared inadequacies at play.

But aw shucks GreenLantern, I miss Flasher (Exflash) for his wonderful "erudition" on ULALA athletics for this Tulane forum. Perhaps for now Flasher may have just decided to crawl back into his Acadian nutria hole in both anticipation and fright for tomorrow's Cure Bowl game against the Wave? :lol:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ps everyone get a sense of humor. Shit talking is part of the game and msg boards. Anyway, roll wave and let’s wreck these guys tmrw.

My prediction our defense shuts down their run game sacks their qb repeatedly. They score on two desperation throws/busted plays.

We score twice on the ground and twice in the air. 28-14. P
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 am Ps everyone get a sense of humor. Shit talking is part of the game and msg boards. Anyway, roll wave and let’s wreck these guys tmrw.

My prediction our defense shuts down their run game sacks their qb repeatedly. They score on two desperation throws/busted plays.

We score twice on the ground and twice in the air. 28-14. P
Shut down our running game and repeatedly sack our qb and you'll win the game by 4 touchdowns, minimum.

Our running backs are near the top of class amongst the G5's. Our WR's are also very good. And while our O-Line is decent, all starters for the entire year, our qb is a walk-on with zero FBS offers. When the running game is clicking, it obviously opens up the passing game. He's usually a pretty decent passer with protection, but he can't scramble and is no threat to run the ball.

Our defense is much, much improved from the beginning of the year but still well below average in the G5's. The long ball, in particular, gives us fits. We're still a couple of years away from having a defense that can win games.

Hope it's a good game with zero injuries. Good luck Wave. Score lots of points.....just a few less than the Cajuns. :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's finish our 125th season and 20th Anniversary of the Perfect Season with a perfect performance and a winning season. Let's Wumbo these guys!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:37 am Let's finish our 125th season and 20th Anniversary of the Perfect Season with a perfect performance and a winning season. Let's Wumbo these guys!
ROLL WAVE!