Cure Bowl Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is Saturday, December 15th at 12:30 on CBSSN. We play Sunbelt runner-up ULL. The stated goals set by the team before the season were to have a winning season and to win a Bowl Game. Both goals are attainable with a win here. A loss would give us a third straight losing season under WF. Plus a loss would leave us having to hear how we aren't even the second best program in the state. So whether we would prefer a different opponent or not this is a big game for the program. Let's do this!

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!

To the mods- the other tread was a speculative thread about where we would go. The game deserves it's own thread. Thanks.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

With no dog in the hunt , FWIW Yahoo Sports rates the Cure THE WORST of the 39 bowls....

No spin....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is a 3 1/2 point favorite.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's something to think about regarding the "additional practices" everyone talks about for being a bowl team. For teams playing on Jan 1, they get 3 weeks, and then the week of the bowl you're usually at the bowl site as part of the festivities. We play on Saturday the 15th, but arrival date is Wed Dec 12th. So we get at most 7 days. Five next week (20 hour maximum) and then Mon and Tues. On top of that, our kids have exams next week to focus on. A New Years Day team can devote a week to exams and still get almost 3 weeks of practice in.
NCAA rules allow bowl teams to practice or hold other athletic activities up to four hours per day or 20 hours per week between the end of the regular season and a bowl game. While coaches often refer to the "15 extra practices" that come with a bowl invitation, there is no specific limit to the number of practices a team can hold during bowl preparation.

Teams that don't reach bowl games are limited to mandatory weight training, conditioning and review of game film between the end of the regular season and Jan. 1. They get a maximum of eight hours per week for those activities, including no more than two hours per week of film viewing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We made a "who gives a damned bowl" game. Let's at least win it. The ratings MIGHT get to a whole number, but that would be a miracle. NOBODY gives a damned about this game, but those of us that care don't want to see Tulane lose to U-La-La.
Last edited by DfromCT on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CURE, the Cure Bowl !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm guilty of this myself but we have to be honest that we are being hypocritical when we look down on ULL as our opponent. We couldn't stand it when the players talked about UAB being a lesser team. Tulane has a lot to play for in this game so no excuses.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 pm I'm guilty of this myself but we have to be honest that we are being hypocritical when we look down on ULL as our opponent. We couldn't stand it when the players talked about UAB being a lesser team. Tulane has a lot to play for in this game so no excuses.

You are so very right. We have to win this one. We are the only ones who believe that we are the second best program in the state. We can not lose to ULL in another Bowl Game.

Some folks might hate this match up, but we need to win.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

I have edited the OP as I had the time listed at 1:30. That is ET. The game will kick-off at 12:30 NOLA time.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am happy the Kids get o go to a place they may never have a chance to visit, but as I posted previously, I am not in favor of a "regional' match up in ANY Bowl...that is what made Bowls so popular, the inter regional atmosphere....Good luck to everyone,, No Injuries on either team
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Talk about championships and rings on fingers:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... b7c3f.html
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope to hell we wear the Tsunami Wave helmets! They were one of the highlights of the season!

ROLL WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I saw this on Twitter just awhile ago. Figured it might get a chuckle or two.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:02 pm I saw this on Twitter just awhile ago. Figured it might get a chuckle or two.

Hell, I still call them S.L.I.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:02 pm I saw this on Twitter just awhile ago. Figured it might get a chuckle or two.

Damn, and I thought they were called, "Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute,” S.L.I.I.? :megagrin:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's a football game. Call them anything BUT "The University of Louisiana." We all know that Tulane is "The Tulane University of Louisiana." The first and only "University of Louisiana." They just might not be able to deal with history. I don't mind them calling themselves "Louisiana" just not "The University of Louisiana."

More importantly, did anyone catch Coach Fritz's radio show Monday night?

Beat U-La-La. Win the damned game and to hell with their name.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Damn, and I thought they were called, "Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute,” S.L.I.I.? :megagrin:
if memory servers it is Southwest Lousiana Institute of Technology...SLIT....but being PC and gender sensitive, they just called it S.L.I.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 am It's a football game. Call them anything BUT "The University of Louisiana." We all know that Tulane is "The Tulane University of Louisiana." The first and only "University of Louisiana." They just might not be able to deal with history. I don't mind them calling themselves "Louisiana" just not "The University of Louisiana."

More importantly, did anyone catch Coach Fritz's radio show Monday night?

Beat U-La-La. Win the damned game and to hell with their name.
Since neither the school's administration nor the athletic department is asking to be called the University of Louisiana, it's good that you don't mind hearing Louisiana Ragin Cajuns because if you're watching the game on CBS, you'll likely hear it over, and over, and over again. :P
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Already posted above yesterday. I can see how you missed it with all the important back and forth about names.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:31 pm
Already posted above yesterday. I can see how you missed it with all the important back and forth about names.
Win... I apoloize for the "double posting"...just trying to stay busy and keep my mind occupied, the past week has been hectic
golfnut69
Wild Pelican