SELA Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 3:30 tomorrow. It's on CST locally, CH. 1037 , in addition to ESPN3:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/1 ... siana.aspx

They are picked 7th in the Southland.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:39 pm The game is at 3:30 tomorrow. It's on CST locally, CH. 1037 , in addition to ESPN3:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/1 ... siana.aspx

They are picked 7th in the Southland.
Great! Can’t make it but will watch!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Will be there with the 48 others.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

See ya there.
oliveandblue
Surge

Tulane blows a massive lead and loses by 1. Fire Dunleavy and flush the program out. This is embarrassing the university.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

New low for the program. First ULL now SELA.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

Blah performance from a historically blah coach.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Dunleavy is not a college coach, never was a. college coach and will never be a college coach.
Dannen STOP hiring bald guys!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well that sucked. Maybe it was because Barrett wore purple and gold shoes. Someone needs to burn them. I have to add everybody but MD knew it was a mistake to have Cornish, the turnover machine ,in bound the ball.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:41 pm Well that sucked. Maybe it was because Barrett wore purple and gold shoes. Someone needs to burn them. I have to add everybody but MD knew it was a mistake to have Cornish, the turnover machine ,in bound the ball.
Never should have gotten to that point. Eight point lead in the last five minutes, and you don't hit a single FG in the last 4:33 of the game. That's unacceptable.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:58 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:41 pm Well that sucked. Maybe it was because Barrett wore purple and gold shoes. Someone needs to burn them. I have to add everybody but MD knew it was a mistake to have Cornish, the turnover machine ,in bound the ball.
Never should have gotten to that point. Eight point lead in the last five minutes, and you don't hit a single FG in the last 4:33 of the game. That's unacceptable.
No doubt. I was just that was the lat horrific move of many. This was a SELA team that had Veal playing on on one leg and lost Greenwood with about 10 left. No excuses. It was really hard to watch. Place was empty and dead. I can only imagine what it will be like the rest of the season.
GreenLantern
Riptide

This is a humiliating loss. First to ULaLa and now to USL? Who are we going to beat in the AAC?
greenie78
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:35 pm Dunleavy is not a college coach, never was a. college coach and will never be a college coach.
Dannen STOP hiring bald guys!
He wasn’t a good professional coach. Never understood the hire.
torbida
Surge

time for Dunleavy to join Ruse....conference play is going to be brutal
Ruski
Swell

When you look across the rest of the league results today, Tulane sticks out like a sore thumb. We need to find a new coach ASAP just to avoid being kicked out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:41 pm When you look across the rest of the league results today, Tulane sticks out like a sore thumb. We need to find a new coach ASAP just to avoid being kicked out.
We're not getting kicked out of ANYTHING because of basketball. LMFAO, it just isn't happening. Continue to draw poorly and not improve in football, and maybe there's an issue. But a lousy basketball team, poorly coached or not, isn't getting us kicked out of the AAC.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

Veal the 5 foot 9 wunderkind was our undoing yesterday and the last two years. put on a show. TU should have recruited him. Graf loves him on the radio. Anyone watch Veal live at the game yesterday or last years?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No hope for this year. And from what we have coming in and back, I’m afraid next year won’t look much different.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

Is this team even coached? The recruiting has been on par with the middle of this league....these result are ridiculous.
netshorty
Surge

DrBox wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:19 am Is this team even coached? The recruiting has been on par with the middle of this league....these result are ridiculous.
Doc, Dunleavy has done a poor job coaching from the beginning. These results now should no longer come as a surprise. We have two seasons and enough games this season to know that Dunleavy is not the answer. I predicted results similar to his first season. Our weak OOC schedule may allow us to eclipse that memorable 6 win season but the product is no better.

I thought the hire was interesting and was excited about the potential. It didn't take long to see it was a mistake but my worry now is that Dannen will give him several more seasons.

someone posted something about MD saying something about 6 years to build a program. that's BS. in basketball it takes one recruiting class and good coaching. Look. at what the elite programs are faced with. they replenish their starting 5 each year. I'm not suggesting that we should be getting 5 star players and competing with Duke. I'm saying we should be getting 3 and 4 star players and be one of the top 5 teams in the AAC. It won't happen under MD.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:24 pm This is a humiliating loss. First to ULaLa and now to USL? Who are we going to beat in the AAC?
ULaLa and USL are the same school....SLU is in Hammond.....Strawberry Fields Forever !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
sader24
Tsunami

If I remember correctly I heard we couldn’t recruit Veal bc of grades or some other Tulane academic Bs. At least that’s what Conroy was complaining to ppl about.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:08 am If I remember correctly I heard we couldn’t recruit Veal bc of grades or some other Tulane academic Bs. At least that’s what Conroy was complaining to ppl about.
Not sure of his grades but I believe nobody really recruited him because of his size. Xavier and Southeastern about his only offers.
Reminds me of that RB from Destrehan Damaris Johnson that ended up at Tulsa that would always find a way to beat us in football. Tulane thought he was too small as well.
https://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.s ... rlain.html
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

We should probably look in a different direction this time, maybe a Division 2 or NAIA coach. Major assistants and NBA failures haven’t paid off.