OC Doug Ruse Fired

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dpm wave
Swell

http://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status ... 1417116677

GreenLantern
Riptide

Well knock me down...whoda thunk this?

Please tell me we're not looking for another coordinator who thinks 80% of all plays must be running plays through the A gap.

My confidence in Coach Fritz just doubled.
AugWave
Swell

Fritz said we're going in another direction, philosophically. I think we may throw the ball around a little more.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Wave755
Tsunami

Great news!!! Too bad for Tulane football Lindy Infante is in Heaven.
RobertM320
Green Wave

AugWave wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:38 pm Fritz said we're going in another direction, philosophically. I think we may throw the ball around a little more.
This was a huge statement by Fritz. He's not just looking for someone better, he's looking for a philosophical change in offensive style. This could be our Smith bringing back Infante moment.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Fired!

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If you’re still not on the fritz bandwagon time to jump on. This guy gets it.

The offense had zero identity this year. We thought it was starting to click last year and it completely regressed and was hot garbage in 2018. Compliment that with our inability to land big time QB’s because of our scheme and this was a great move by Fritz. In fairness that last point was also aided by perpetual losing.
anEngineer
Riptide

Given the difficulty this program has had recruiting QBs, Fritz is obviously looking for something that fits the QBs he has and the QBs he can get. Not only does he want to win, he just proved he wants to win at Tulane.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I predict a couple of big time surprises in recruiting within the next few weeks. Stay tuned.
IM42lane
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:40 pm Great news!!! Too bad for Tulane football Lindy Infante is in Heaven.

SHAUN KING !!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm
Wave755 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:40 pm Great news!!! Too bad for Tulane football Lindy Infante is in Heaven.

SHAUN KING !!!!
Or, Dr. Roch Hontas!!! :thumbup:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Shaun King Homecoming please !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

hate to see anyone lose theri job, but this was needed...Kliff Kingsbury for OC....but I know it will never happen....lot's of assistnts from other firings are looking for jobs
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That is great news to all of us diehards. About time. Hopefully he follows through on the hire with someone that will truly install a new offense. The timing is interesting with the Bowl Game pending.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

Yes, Shaun King is the man, with the name will bring instant credibility to the program looking for top notch quarterbacks. Shaun understands pass and run compliments each other.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm That is great news to all of us diehards. About time. Hopefully he follows through on the hire with someone that will truly install a new offense. The timing is interesting with the Bowl Game pending.
Better to grab a good one now before we scrape the bottom of the barrel.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Pepper
Swell

Chris Kapilovic, former UNC OC. UNC's problem was defense. The offense was ranked in the top 40. Former OL coach as well.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Any thoughts on who we may be looking at ?

Here are a few names I’ve scraped together through 5 minutes of internet research & copy/paste:

Bryant Vincent, Offensive Coordinator, UAB

After a three-year stint at South Alabama, Vincent has returned to UAB to handle the play-calling duties on offense. Vincent’s offenses at South Alabama never climbed to the top of the Sun Belt in scoring, but there’s optimism for better results in Birmingham. He was the play-caller for UAB in 2014, helping the offense average 33.2 points a game and set a school record for most total yards in a season (5,182).

Tim Cramsey, Co-Offensive Coordinator, Marshall

Cramsey was the architect behind the FCS’ top offense last season. In his only year at Sam Houston State, Cramsey guided the offense to an average of 43.3 points and more than 500 yards a game. The Bearkats also led the FCS in passing attempts (594) and passing offense (362.7 ypg) in 2017. Cramsey played his college ball at New Hampshire from 1994-97 under an assistant that’s familiar with high-powered offenses -- Chip Kelly. After Cramsey’s playing career ended, he eventually landed with New Hampshire as an assistant from 2003-11, including the final three years as the program’s offensive coordinator. He also held that title in stops at FIU (2012), Montana State (2013-15) and Nevada (2016).

.Graham Harrell, North Texas - Remember what I said about Seth Littrell having an eye for coaching talent. Offensive coordinator Graham Harrell (yes, that Graham Harrell) has helped Littrell turn UNT around by introducing a wide open Air Raid offense. If Littrell moves on after the season Harrell should be the favorite to be UNT’s next head coach.

Travis Trickett, Georgia State - The 33-year old offensive coordinator is known for running an explosive spread offense and is starting to develop a reputation as an excellent recruiter in Florida, too. After guiding two explosive Samford offenses in 2014 and 2015, Trickett became the offensive coordinator at FAU and was in charge of a unit that set school records for rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. Given his familiarity with FAU, Trickett could be in contention for the head coaching job whenever Lane Kiffin moves on.
Wave755
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:57 pm Yes, Shaun King is the man, with the name will bring instant credibility to the program looking for top notch quarterbacks. Shaun understands pass and run compliments each other.
Shaun just coaches running backs @ USF https://admin.gousfbulls.com/coaches.as ... h=football, so I really doubt WF would even consider him for new OC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm That is great news to all of us diehards. About time. Hopefully he follows through on the hire with someone that will truly install a new offense. The timing is interesting with the Bowl Game pending.
Better to grab a good one now before we scrape the bottom of the barrel.
We agree. I meant that just surprised that he made a change at all much less with a game approaching.

Look for Calvin Magee to be in the mix.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fritz to be on WWL tonite about 7; 15
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

Longshot, Fritz may not coach beyond 2023 because of age. Beg if we have to bring in Rich Rodriquez as Offensive Coordinator with the commitment of him taking over as Head Coach upon Coach Fritz's Retirement. Would be a long term decision and a boast to our Football Program looking ahead for stability all around including Recruiting!!! He could bring in Shaun King as Quarterback Coach.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This decision will determine the fate of WF's coaching career. May he make a great choice.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave
Swell

Interesting and refreshing development. Many of us felt WF would go down with the ship out of loyalty. Well turns out he’s got our back and if he posted on here all season he’d have been agreeing with the complaints regarding the offense. He handled it the right way . And judging from the timing the new guy is probably already picked or the list is extremely short. As for mr king , id welcome him with open arms as qb coach, recruiting coordinator and “OC in waiting type thing, but I don’t know if he’s gonna be a candidate at this point.