Georgia State Beats Tulane 80-76

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at noon tomorrow for the Educational Game where we have a lot of young local students attend. Good outreach that we've been doing for a few years. Not that this a marquee opponent but they are picked to win the Sunbelt again and they beat us last season so I wish they had chosen one of our other OOC's for this promotion. They just beat Georgia and they have lost to Montana.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Ron Hunter is a good coach who took IUPUI to the Big Dance before he took the Ga. State job. The only problem with tomorrow’s starting time is I can’t make it.
anEngineer
Riptide

Wave loses again 80-76. The freshmen are really playing a lot. Not having Ona Embo is a killer for a team that needs leadership at that position. Zhang had 23. The odd thing is that Sehic is all of a sudden not playing a major role (20 minutes, 4 points today). Hopefully the women will shine tonight.
Ruski
Swell

I wouldn’t mind seeing Hunter take over for Dunleavy after this year. To be honest he’s probably already got better offers.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Georgia State has a very experienced club and are the Sun Belt favorite. Wave never gave up and rallied from 17 points down in the 2nd half. Enjoyed watching the freshmen play. There is alot to look forward to.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Dunleavy should look in the mirror. A team is always a reflection of its coach. His NBA record speaks for itself.
cajunfanatico
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 am Dunleavy should look in the mirror. A team is always a reflection of its coach. His NBA record speaks for itself.
Greenie, I found that comment odd as well. To me, if the coach hadn't game-planned for the other guys driving the lane over and over again, then call a time out and tell your team to put a stop to it. Might cost you a few fouls, but at least it makes the other guys think before barreling through repeatedly.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What's more worrisome is that he has been complaining about that since he got here. The solution is changing up the practice routine to address these problems. Seems he's too stuck in his ways.
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 am What's more worrisome is that he has been complaining about that since he got here. The solution is changing up the practice routine to address these problems. Seems he's too stuck in his ways.
A problem with that is that there are often 3-4 freshmen on the floor and whatever he has been saying before 2 months ago, is irrelevant to them. Dunleavy said early on that it takes about 6 years to build a program and most coaches don't get that much time. That indicates that he will. Given where this program was, it's probably still the best option we have. There is no doubt the talent level and physical size has increased over the past 3 years. We will have to see where that takes us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said it's been a problem all along every season he's been here and at some point each year he has lashed out publicly about it. So it's not a freshman issue. If you read the article he was more addressing the older players. As for the 6 year comment I have never heard him say that and he's not getting 6 if this program doesn't make a noticeable step up soon.