Tulane vs ULL Cure Bowl

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Where do you think Tulane football will go bowling in 2018?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:57 am

Cure Bowl, Dec. 15 (Orlando, Fla.)
32%
Boca Raton Bowl, Dec. 18 (Boca Raton, Fla.)
29%
Frisco Bowl, Dec. 19 (Frisco, Texas)
9%
Gasparilla Bowl, Dec. 20 (Tampa, Fla.)
3%
Armed Forces Bowl, Dec. 22 (Fort Worth, Texas)
15%
Birmingham Bowl, Dec. 22 (Birmingham, Ala.)
6%
Military Bowl, Dec. 31 (Annapolis, Md.)
6%

Total votes: 34
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:58 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:40 pm
msdos wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:21 pm This will be one of the lowest attended and watched bowl games, maybe ever. Too many participation trophy bowls that 6-6 teams are basically guaranteed a post-season game.

I just hope we don't go out and get embarrassed
Sad but true. This is a prime example of too many bowl games. I’m sorry but I’m old school when you had to win 8-9 games to go bowling. I have zero interest in traveling to see this. I will watch on TV with the other 6 bowls that day. :oops:
You two deserve each other. Maybe you can watch the game together and keep score as to who has the most negative comments. You can get a lot of complaining in over three and a half hours. Enjoy yourselves.
Not negative. Just from a generation that you had to at least have a winning record to get a trophy.

RobertM320
Green Wave

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:10 pm Now we get to deal with the dainty and delicate fans from the U LA LA fan base. They will incorrectly call their second tier directional school Louisiana and UL. Since these jokers seem to not be proud of Lafayette and their Acadiana heritage by dropping Lafayette off of their name I propose that all Tulane coaches, players, fans, and Graff on the radio broadcast refer to them as either Lafayette, USL, or U LA LA.
Since this is not an ESPN bowl, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll end up with the Lafayette tagged on. Especially if Tulane's admin would happen to mention to the Bowl committee that legally we're the ones with the rights to that name,and we'd appreciate it if they don't use it for our opponent.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:19 pm
msdos wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:21 pm This will be one of the lowest attended and watched bowl games, maybe ever. Too many participation trophy bowls that 6-6 teams are basically guaranteed a post-season game.

Sad but true. This is a prime example of too many bowl games. I’m sorry but I’m old school when you had to win 8-9 games to go bowling. I have zero interest in traveling to see this. I will watch on TV with the other 6 bowls that day. :oops:
You two deserve each other. Maybe you can watch the game together and keep score as to who has the most negative comments. You can get a lot of complaining in over three and a half hours. Enjoy yourselves.
Not negative. Just from a generation that you had to at least have a winning record to get a trophy.
I've got an idea. Don't consider the bowl game a trophy. Consider winning it a trophy, because if we win, we'll be 7-6, and last I looked, THAT would be a winning record.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

dpm wave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:10 pm Up to the minute tally

https://www.sbnation.com/a/bowl-game-sc ... 018-scores
What a crappy line up of early bowl games. Watching the early rounds of the FCS playoff is far more compelling to watch than this line up. Our Cure Bowl against ULaLa isn’t any worse than most of these dog ass bowl games. There will be few eyeballs on any of these early bowl games. The FBS desperately needs a 4 or 5 week playoff. Now we all (including the teams) get to sit for weeks atrophying. By the time the top teams start playing again they’re execution isn’t nearly as sharp as it is right now.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:32 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:10 pm Now we get to deal with the dainty and delicate fans from the U LA LA fan base. They will incorrectly call their second tier directional school Louisiana and UL. Since these jokers seem to not be proud of Lafayette and their Acadiana heritage by dropping Lafayette off of their name I propose that all Tulane coaches, players, fans, and Graff on the radio broadcast refer to them as either Lafayette, USL, or U LA LA.
Since this is not an ESPN bowl, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll end up with the Lafayette tagged on. Especially if Tulane's admin would happen to mention to the Bowl committee that legally we're the ones with the rights to that name,and we'd appreciate it if they don't use it for our opponent.
Perhaps a lawsuit is in order to stop this criminal activity? I suggest that Wave755 handle the case pro bono since I'm sure he bet against the Cajuns and gave the points yesterday and made a small fortune in the process..
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:19 pm

+1,000. And heaven forbid that you might have to be a champion or runner up to get a trophy.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I’m happy we are bowling, and I was planning to go, but this matchup leaves a lot to be desired. I’m going to watch from home, maybe host a viewing party.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:32 pm
Good point. I’ve noticed that the idiots at ESPN are the ones that keep referring to ULaLa as Louisiana—as their viewership and subscribers keep sinking in the sunset.
nawlinspete
Riptide

It is an ESPN bowl . They sold the rights to CBS .

And speaking of selling, LaLa paid ESPN.to call it Louisiana .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 pm It is an ESPN bowl . They sold the rights to CBS .

Yes, but CBS now has the rights, and they have no agreement to call them Louisiana.
greenie78
Riptide

Some P5 matchups for AAC teams

Temple plays Duke in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport

Memphis gets Wake Forest in Birmingham

Cincy gets Va Tech in the Military Bowl in Annapolis
greenie78
Riptide

I'm not gonna harp on the negatives. Yes its a lesser bowl, but the program has to start somewhere. Let's hope the defense can continue to play strong and the new OC will bring a passing attack to the strong run game. This program isn't far from consistently competing for a conference title. Despite being 6-6 against a pretty solid OOC schedule, this team did tie for first in the division.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Let us hope for no injuries , let us hope we win the game and the minds of those we are recruiting . A loss would be a disaster for perception and might well cosr us wanted recruits .

Aresco obviously was not the least bit concerned with securing us a more attractive opponent to maximize our ability to sell tickets....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave QB
Swell

Well fellas,

We now have to make sure that we support our kids and get behind our coaches to bring home the Cure Bowl Trophy. We don’t need to lose to ULL on National Television for the second time in our short bowl history. No, we aren’t happy about the result, but we are happy that our kids didn’t give up this year and found ways to beat USF, Memphis and even Navy to become bowl eligible. This program is in a bowl game instead of sitting at home again, so we need to support our boys. If any of you have met these fellas, you would agree with me that they aren’t satisfied with being 6-6, want to be a big time G5 and don’t want to let our fans down.

Once again, I really hate the fact that we are facing ULL in Orlando and would have loved to face a MAC opponent instead, but the reality is that missed our chances of better bowl games when we dropped 3 other games this year that could/should have been W’s. Yes, you guys know that this team could have easily been 8-4, but we came up short on the field. Now, we were are stuck coming up short on the list of Bowl Games. We have to suck it up, support the Green Wave, and gain momentum going into the 2019 season. Unlike CJ, (who I was 100% behind) Fritz showed us that he isn’t satisfied with 6 wins and is making changes. We have to support that. I will be making the trip.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

From the Cure.com bowl's perspective, what other AAC team would draw a better crowd versus U-La-La? That's the only reason this matchup was made. And it still may have more empty seats than those with butts in them.

ROLL WAVE!

Beat the University of Louisiana AT LAFAYETTE!

Tulane is still the one and only University of Louisiana.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:47 pm From the Cure.com bowl's perspective, what other AAC team would draw a better crowd versus U-La-La? That's the only reason this matchup was made. And it still may have more empty seats than those with butts in them.

ROLL WAVE!

I disagree, what AAC team will draw less that Tulane...none......S'Port, B'ham..Frisco and Tulane would have had it's share of fans in the stands.....Orlando is a pain in the ass drive and if you fly you have to put up with everyone's elses kid who is going to see Mickey and friends.....the positve is the practice time...

The Bowl line up
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... elections/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:07 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:47 pm From the Cure.com bowl's perspective, what other AAC team would draw a better crowd versus U-La-La? That's the only reason this matchup was made. And it still may have more empty seats than those with butts in them.

ROLL WAVE!

I disagree, what AAC team will draw less that Tulane...none......S'Port, B'ham..Frisco and Tulane would have had it's share of fans in the stands.....Orlando is a pain in the ass drive and if you fly you have to put up with everyone's elses kid who is going to see Mickey and friends.....the positve is the practice time...

The Bowl line up
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... elections/

Nut has it right . The Cure is the least attractive of all .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Well tough shit. We're going to the Cure Bowl, and it's about as big an airline hub as there is in the world, so there's no excuse that it's hard to get to. If you have to put up with kids on the plane when your fly there, tough titty. This is about the most ridiculous conversation in this board's history.

We're playing in the Cure Bowl. Live with it.

And I'm not sure I'll make it, either. Tough luck. That's what FINALLY getting to 6-6 gets you. A not very attractive bowl bid. BFD.
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:24 pm Well tough shit. We're going to the Cure Bowl, and it's about as big an airline hub as there is in the world, so there's no excuse that it's hard to get to. If you have to put up with kids on the plane when your fly there, tough titty. This is about the most ridiculous conversation in this board's history.

And I'm not sure I'll make it, either. Tough luck. That's what FINALLY getting to 6-6 gets you. A not very attractive bowl bid. BFD.
Hypocrite . Telling others to do as you say , but not as you do . NYC to Mickey Mouse Airport is easy . Hypocrite....
cajunfanatico
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 pm It is an ESPN bowl . They sold the rights to CBS .

Now that's just not true Pete and I demand the record be corrected immediately!!!!.

You make us sound like a bunch of cheap asses who don't know what we're doing. The truth is that, in addition to ESPN,, we've paid CBS, the NCAA, FOXSPORTS, YahooSports NBC, and numerous other national publications.. Here are just a few of the links to prove what I'm saying.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/scoreboard/

https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/football/fbs

https://www.foxsports.com/college-footb ... &group=105

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footba ... teRange=14

https://scores.nbcsports.com/cfb/scoreb ... 90&week=14
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Now that's just not true Pete and I demand the record be corrected immediately!!!!.

You make us sound like a bunch of cheap asses who don't know what we're doing. The truth is that, in addition to ESPN,, we've paid CBS, the NCAA, FOXSPORTS, YahooSports NBC, and numerous other national publications.. Here are just a few of the links to prove what I'm saying.

It’s LaLaf, Cajun Troll, LaLaf!!! :lol: :P :D
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:51 pm

You must be confused. From Golfnut's link:

Tulane vs. Louisiana..............CBS btw LOL
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:33 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:24 pm Well tough shit. We're going to the Cure Bowl, and it's about as big an airline hub as there is in the world, so there's no excuse that it's hard to get to. If you have to put up with kids on the plane when your fly there, tough titty. This is about the most ridiculous conversation in this board's history.

Hypocrite . Telling others to do as you say , but not as you do . NYC to Mickey Mouse Airport is easy . Hypocrite....
Bite me and one day post something relevant.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Cajunfanatico you guys will always be known as just LA LA. Since your school is a second tier directional school you all are not even worthy of having the U in front of the LA LA. If you still want some letters in front of the LA LA we will refer to your school as Ooooh LA LA!!!!
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:02 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:51 pm

You must be confused. From Golfnut's link:

Tulane vs. Louisiana..............CBS btw LOL
LaLaf, LaLaf, LaLaf!!! :lolgreen: