Volleyball Post Season Thread!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

Volleyball is the #2 team in the NIVC tournament and gets to host!! Only Iowa’s State has a higher rpi.
Thursday at 7:30pm vs Arkansas State.
If Tulane wins they could possibly host all the way to the finals!

Nice tournament field with some P5 teams and other top programs.
This is big!

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wish I lived much closer would love to be in attendance....hopefully, the TPS led Greenbackers, can get a large contigent to be in attendance and raise some serious Hell...cue "All My Rowdie Freinds" are here on Thursday Nightah
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Unfortunately, its going up against the Saints at Cowboys game. That sucks.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 am Wish I lived much closer would love to be in attendance....hopefully, the TPS led Greenbackers, can get a large contigent to be in attendance and raise some serious Hell...cue "All My Rowdie Freinds" are here on Thursday Nightah
We usually meet on Thursday night in Metairie. But with the VB team home hosting a playoff match I expect the group to meet at Devlin instead to show support for the team.
Roll Wave!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Here's the bracket:
https://www.womensnivc.com/bracket1.html

Win Thursday and play winner of Cal Baptist/Ark. LR

Make it to the Final 4 and likely to play GT or Clemson.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good luck to the team and may they win it all!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

How did Wichita State make it at 13-17? One heck of an RPI, or is that a typo?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
gbgreenie
Surge

Saints game really, does not mean anything at this point. Excuses make me sick!!! DVR the dam Saints game. Support the girls on the Volleyball team this is a big deal and they worked hard for this. The NFL is taking everything, holidays, Holy Sunday, what is left. This is about family, students, university, take your choice the huge monopoly business called the NFL or players that play from the heart not a fat pay check that is their jobs. We all work who cheers us and pay billions to do it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:37 pm Saints game really, does not mean anything at this point. Excuses make me sick!!! DVR the dam Saints game. Support the girls on the Volleyball team this is a big deal and they worked hard for this. The NFL is taking everything, holidays, Holy Sunday, what is left. This is about family, students, university, take your choice the huge monopoly business called the NFL or players that play from the heart not a fat pay check that is their jobs. We all work who cheers us and pay billions to do it.
Actually, I was just asking. I'm DVRing the Saints game anyway because I have a bible study group on Thursday nights. I'd DVR the volleyball game as well if it was on TV.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:31 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:37 pm Saints game really, does not mean anything at this point. Excuses make me sick!!! DVR the dam Saints game. Support the girls on the Volleyball team this is a big deal and they worked hard for this. The NFL is taking everything, holidays, Holy Sunday, what is left. This is about family, students, university, take your choice the huge monopoly business called the NFL or players that play from the heart not a fat pay check that is their jobs. We all work who cheers us and pay billions to do it.
Actually, I was just asking. I'm DVRing the Saints game anyway because I have a bible study group on Thursday nights. I'd DVR the volleyball game as well if it was on TV.
DVR / Tape the Bible Study Group
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
localvb
High Tide

I like you gbgreenie:)))

Game is also web streamed. But really hope they fill Devlin!!! I went to around 8 home matches and the attendance was pathetic. The team team still played like they were in front on 2000 fans though! Love their energy and the joy they play with. But come on pack the place people!!! A #2 seed in post season packs gyms!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The key was stressing the positives:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... ac6ee.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave takes it 3 games to 2 to advance to 2nd round tomorrow night.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=241886
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Fun game. This is a sweet and talented group of young women. By taking the time to have their picture taken with my granddaughter, they made a forever fan for Tulane.
anEngineer
Riptide

It was really a tough match. I was watching the live stats during that miserable Saints game. All the sets were really close except the 4th. The Tulane women went on a 5-0 run to win the 5th set 15-13. That's something you would only expect from an experienced team (which this isn't). Very well done. I intend to be there tonight.
localvb
High Tide

Wow that was a crazy game! Probably the worse I’ve seen the team play and yet they survived. Down 10-13 in the 5th Tulane ran off 5 straight to win 15-13!!!!
Sometimes you just have to win ugly in a 1 and done National tournament.

6-4 Freshman Bursecu took over at the end. A block and 3 big kills to finish ASU off.
No reason for the gym not to be PACKED tonight at 7pm!!!!!
Tulane has never won a 2nd round post season match!!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The women won again tonight in 4 sets !! On to round 3 !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

CONGRATS TO THE LADY WAVE VB Team. May be our best sport!

I wish I knew how to read the live stats, but at least I can figure out the score. Couldn't watch on TV, but checked in for the last set and a half. Much more interesting when I can stream the games.

How was the crowd?

ROLL WAVE! Win this tourney!!!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 am Wish I lived much closer would love to be in attendance....hopefully, the TPS led Greenbackers, can get a large contigent to be in attendance and raise some serious Hell...cue "All My Rowdie Freinds" are here on Thursday Nightah
Greenbackers in force! Lower right!
Tulane Class of 1981