2019 FB Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

.. Teams listed in Alphabetical Order, not in any type of rankings
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... e-2019?amp

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know how she found out, but my daughter tells me UCF will be visiting New Orleans the Saturday before (a very late) Thanksgiving, November 23rd.

It's official!

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/2 ... edule.aspx
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 pm Unless he goes pro early, or his knee is a career ending injury, McKenzie Milton will return to lead the Knights of UCF next year. This was his Junior season.
D- I know your daughter goes there so you have a vested interest in them and for our conference sake I hope they win all their games except in the years they play us. Unfortunately his injury appears that it's going to be so severe and suffered so late he probably doesn't come back till late in the season or takes RS if he has one left. They do look like they'd be in good hands with the backup.
win, somehow this post got past me!

It looks like Milton will be out for 2019, and there's questions as to whether or not he plays again. The backup is young, but nowhere close to the talent that Milton brought. Having watched a lot of UCF football the past couple of years, I can say confidently that their bowl game would have been a whole lot different had Milton played. I'm not saying they definitely would have beaten LSU, but they would have had a whole lot more offense than they did. Look at what he did against an Auburn team on New Years day 2018. And that Auburn team was every bit as good, if not better, than this past season's LSU team.
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 am .. Teams listed in Alphabetical Order, not in any type of rankings
One thing wrong is that SMU should not be coming here next year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 am .. Teams listed in Alphabetical Order, not in any type of rankings
One thing wrong is that SMU should not be coming here next year.
They're not. We go to SMU to end the regular season, November 30th.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Probably easier to see it in this format:

Thu., Aug. 29 Florida International
Sat., Sept. 7 at Auburn
Sat., Sept. 14 Missouri State
Thu., Sept. 19 Houston * (ESPN)
Bye week
Sat., Oct. 5@Army (CBSSN) (Army also coming off bye)
Sat., Oct. 12 UConn *
Sat., Oct. 19 at Memphis *
Sat., Oct. 26 at Navy * (CBSSN)
Sat., Nov. 2 Tulsa * (Likely Homecoming)
Bye week
Sat., Nov. 16 at Temple *
Sat., Nov. 23 UCF *
Sat., Nov. 30 at SMU *
Ruski
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:38 pm Probably easier to see it in this format:

Thu., Aug. 29 Florida International
Sat., Sept. 7 at Auburn
Sat., Sept. 14 Missouri State
Thu., Sept. 19 Houston * (ESPN)
Bye week
Sat., Oct. 5@Army (CBSSN) (Army also coming off bye)
Sat., Oct. 12 UConn *
Sat., Oct. 19 at Memphis *
Sat., Oct. 26 at Navy * (CBSSN)
Sat., Nov. 2 Tulsa * (Likely Homecoming)
Bye week
Sat., Nov. 16 at Temple *
Sat., Nov. 23 UCF *
Sat., Nov. 30 at SMU *
Wins: MoState, UCONN, Tulsa (3-0)
Maybe: SMU, Temple, Navy, FIU (2-2)
Very Tough: Auburn, Houston, ARMY, Memphis, UCF (1-4)

I say we go 6-6. Could easily see worse. Could kind of see better.
Pepper
Swell

7-5 and we go bowling again.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Only one weeknight game after the opener, Houston on Sept 19. Two bad things about that: 1) Houston plays the previous Friday against Wash St, so they get an extra day to prepare, and 2) we don't get the benefit of a few extra days before our next game, because its before our bye week, and Army is off as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:15 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 pm Unless he goes pro early, or his knee is a career ending injury, McKenzie Milton will return to lead the Knights of UCF next year. This was his Junior season.
D- I know your daughter goes there so you have a vested interest in them and for our conference sake I hope they win all their games except in the years they play us. Unfortunately his injury appears that it's going to be so severe and suffered so late he probably doesn't come back till late in the season or takes RS if he has one left. They do look like they'd be in good hands with the backup.
win, somehow this post got past me!

It looks like Milton will be out for 2019, and there's questions as to whether or not he plays again. The backup is young, but nowhere close to the talent that Milton brought. Having watched a lot of UCF football the past couple of years, I can say confidently that their bowl game would have been a whole lot different had Milton played. I'm not saying they definitely would have beaten LSU, but they would have had a whole lot more offense than they did. Look at what he did against an Auburn team on New Years day 2018. And that Auburn team was every bit as good, if not better, than this past season's LSU team.
Since then they got Wimbush so they should be set there.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Most difficult part of schedule : only two of the last six games are home games.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm Most difficult part of schedule : only two of the last six games are home games.
Yes, but that's because we play 6 home and 6 road games, and have back to back home games early on. The toughest team on our schedule those last 6 weeks we play in Yulman. The back to back games are mid/late October @Memphis and @Navy. If we split those two games, we'll be fine, if we sweep them (a whole lot to ask given our road record!) we'd be fighting for the division title and looking at 8+ wins.

This is all fun speculation, but the games aren't played on these internet bulletin boards!

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Nov. 2nd game against Tulsa will be the Homecoming game.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I would never wish ill or celebrate unfortunate circumstances for any person, but FIU's DC just resigned to take care of non-disclosed family issues. Since the issues were not revealed, there is not much to say bout them from that front. However, an unexpected turnover on defensive coaching staff could lead to a let down on that side of the ball in the fall when they open the season versus Tulane.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/2/ ... mas-oliver
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I would hope a program can overcome the loss of an assistant coach 6.5 months before the season starts. Just like Urban Meyer's suspension, this will be a non factor when we line up and play in late August.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:15 pm I would hope a program can overcome the loss of an assistant coach 6.5 months before the season starts. Just like Urban Meyer's suspension, this will be a non factor when we line up and play in late August.
Possibly, but losing a DC or OC 6.5 months before a season starts can be a big deal, especially if that coordinator is replaced with a first time coordinator.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:15 pm I would hope a program can overcome the loss of an assistant coach 6.5 months before the season starts. Just like Urban Meyer's suspension, this will be a non factor when we line up and play in late August.
Look at it this way. It can't possibly be a GOOD thing for FIU. Maybe it'll be nothing, or maybe it becomes an issue, but it can only be to our advantage.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am
Look at it this way. It can't possibly be a GOOD thing for FIU. Maybe it'll be nothing, or maybe it becomes an issue, but it can only be to our advantage.
Unless they hire a better DC than the one that left. It's not like Butch Davis doesn't have contacts.
RobertM320
Green Wave

He'd still be installing a new system, which would mean his returning players would have a learning curve as well. Or if they promote from within, its someone who hasn't been a DC previously. I just don't see a downside to this. Its not like they fired him for doing a bad job.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We tend to overplay things like this, and downplay the ability of our opponents coaching staffs regularly on this board. I don't think this is something anyone will be talking about come game time in 190+ days.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:24 pm This just in from SI.com
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... utah-state
Just warning y'all before you click it's bad before it gets good. Stay with it.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CFN's projected wins....teams listed by fewest W's first....if ya waana skip, don't bother going to the 9+ wins section
https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/03 ... ng-version
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pre spring Athlon sports 130 team rankings
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... pring-2019