2019 FB Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:20 am
wave97 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:53 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:03 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 am Live and direct form Landry's resturant, home not so authenic Cajun Food, The UH Preview....

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/05 ... ayers-2019
Damned, you'd think Houston is coming off of a NY6 game and will contend for a bearth in the ESPN Invitational Mythical Championship Playoff!
They just might, they have loads of talent being supplemented with new Jucos, a large supportive local student base/alumni base and did I mention this little thing called coaching?
Seeing how they dispatched us like a rented mule last year with a half-assed staff, the Fertitta Group got it right this time.

They have made good hires and are committed to winning. But we’ve held our own against houston the last few years even taking into consideration that demoralizing beating last year. I think USF & Memphis would also agree we arent to be overlooked. I am in the 8 win prediction camp.
If Tulane wins 8 gmaes with that road schedule, Fritz is national coach of the year and the next HC at OU

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Love ya golf but unless one is grading on a curve, which I refuse to do, this not some killer road schedule. Not saying it's a cupcake but it's not the monster some are trying to make it out to be. If some of the other programs in our conference live up to their hype and Auburn has a good season 12-0 would have him up for coach of the year honors.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We can beat every team on our schedule, with auburn being the long shot. I dont like using the last 3 years as an indicator for success as we have never had a functional offense as long as fritz has been here. Our defense and dline will be solid and excellent respectively. We have two reasonable options at QB (depth) with excellent weapons. The oline is the biggest question mark and with even mediocre play this is the most complete team we have had in a long time.

We beat memphis last year and houston the year before. I dont expect wins in those games and we will be dogs but an upset isnt difficult to foresee. A step forward is winning all the game we are “supposed” to win. That puts us at 6 wins (i include FIU). Even if we drop one of those games , we would need to win 2-3 games against @Temple, @Army, Houston, @Memphis , UCF @ Home to get to 8 wins . . . We always win a couple games no one predicts us to win. I think with the most complete team we’ve had in a long time, in year 4 under fritz- we can and we will take 2-3 from that slate.

I think alot changed with this team and program when charles jones caught that game winning pass to make us bowl eligible.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 pm Love ya golf but unless one is grading on a curve, which I refuse to do, this not some killer road schedule. Not saying it's a cupcake but it's not the monster some are trying to make it out to be. If some of the other programs in our conference live up to their hype and Auburn has a good season 12-0 would have him up for coach of the year honors.
Win...I respect all who post here, some have "greener" glasses that others, U have always seem to objective...I look at the road schedule...back to back at road games Memphis and Chet Gladchuck U......FIU opening game and then travel to AU......at Temple and then UCF the following week at home.....plus the "all ref" game at West Point...mark my words, the refs will not allow Tulane to win this game...it is not they are not "winnable' ..it is the sequence it which they are being played
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

We are going to win and lose games we shouldn't. It never fails. I really think 2019 will be just like last year... with us maybe getting to a bowl.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:56 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 pm Love ya golf but unless one is grading on a curve, which I refuse to do, this not some killer road schedule. Not saying it's a cupcake but it's not the monster some are trying to make it out to be. If some of the other programs in our conference live up to their hype and Auburn has a good season 12-0 would have him up for coach of the year honors.
Win...I respect all who post here, some have "greener" glasses that others, U have always seem to objective...I look at the road schedule...back to back at road games Memphis and Chet Gladchuck U......FIU opening game and then travel to AU......at Temple and then UCF the following week at home.....plus the "all ref" game at West Point...mark my words, the refs will not allow Tulane to win this game...it is not they are not "winnable' ..it is the sequence it which they are being played
Gotcha. We certainly agree about the refs with regards to Army. That's why we can't leave it in their hands.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 pm We are going to win and lose games we shouldn't. It never fails. I really think 2019 will be just like last year... with us maybe getting to a bowl.
I certainly hope not. If it is then we have problems.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:23 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 pm We are going to win and lose games we shouldn't. It never fails. I really think 2019 will be just like last year... with us maybe getting to a bowl.
Me too... I totally agree. We just barely made a bowl this past year, and I'm not 100% WF is the guy. I mean, yes, he's better than anyone we've had around here in a long while, but we did have some head-scratchers last year. We'll see...
Roll Wave!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Why are we scheduling these one off pay to play away games like we did with Ohio State last season and Auburn this season? We should have scheduled these teams to 2 for 1 deals. The one game in New Orleans might have to be played in the Superdome if these teams won’t agree to play in Yulman. One home game in the Superdome each year or every other year against a football blue blood would be great for our program.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

My glasses are surely green, but i think rightfully so. Hasnt been alot of optimism around these parts in a long while.

Im staying with 8. We will lose some games we should win and vice versa, but i think that ratio will flip in a positive way.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:55 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Me too... I totally agree. We just barely made a bowl this past year, and I'm not 100% WF is the guy. I mean, yes, he's better than anyone we've had around here in a long while, but we did have some head-scratchers last year. We'll see...
Yep. It's time for consistency. It's year 4 and all the players but one were brought in by him and his staff. The offense is new but Hall has been here since the Bowl game. Our OL coach has coached with him which should help speed up the learning process. We certainly have weapons so just the basics of his offense should have us show marked improvement early.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

SMU, the extension school of Southwestern U , located here in scenic Georgetown, TX

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... ayers-2019
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Planning on traveling for the Auburn game. So pumped! We had a blast last year at Ohio St.
Roll Wave!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Does anyone know Dannen’s philosophy when it comes to football scheduling? I am impressed with USF in that they have future 2 for 1’s scheduled with Alabama, Florida, and Miami. I like how USF has upgraded their schedule. Instead of doing these 1 off buy games like we did with Ohio State last season and Auburn this season why don’t we instead schedule these teams to a 2 for 1. If they refuse to play in Yulman we might have to play these type of home games in the Superdome, which would be fine. Have one home football game each year or every other year in the Dome against a football blue blood.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:31 pm Does anyone know Dannen’s philosophy when it comes to football scheduling? I am impressed with USF in that they have future 2 for 1’s scheduled with Alabama, Florida, and Miami. I like how USF has upgraded their schedule. Instead of doing these 1 off buy games like we did with Ohio State last season and Auburn this season why don’t we instead schedule these teams to a 2 for 1. If they refuse to play in Yulman we might have to play these type of home games in the Superdome, which would be fine. Have one home football game each year or every other year in the Dome against a football blue blood.

I've long advocated for that. We'll know soon enough whether we'll play those games in the Dome. Oklahoma comes here in 2021.. If we have a good season this year and next we'd be able to get a large crowd in the Dome. If we refuse to play it there does OU back out?
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:31 pm Does anyone know Dannen’s philosophy when it comes to football scheduling? I am impressed with USF in that they have future 2 for 1’s scheduled with Alabama, Florida, and Miami. I like how USF has upgraded their schedule. Instead of doing these 1 off buy games like we did with Ohio State last season and Auburn this season why don’t we instead schedule these teams to a 2 for 1. If they refuse to play in Yulman we might have to play these type of home games in the Superdome, which would be fine. Have one home football game each year or every other year in the Dome against a football blue blood.

I've long advocated for that. We'll know soon enough whether we'll play those games in the Dome. Oklahoma comes in next year. If we have a good season this year we'd be able to get a large crowd in the Dome. If we refuse to play it there does OU back out?

The question was whether Dannen would rather schedule a payday game away or two . for one
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Our OOC scheduling is much improved moving forward. True peer universities that are P5 (Northwestern) and regional P5 football powers (Ole Miss and MS State) with return dates. Should be fun. One year it looks we currently are scheduled to play 3 P5 teams. I dont love kansas state, but they should come back to reality with their new coach and be a potential upset candidate.

I honestly dont want to play top 10 teams at this juncture (except LSU). I think we can put up a fight against all of the teams on our OOC schedule for the next decade (Oklahoma being an exception but hey itll be at “home”).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

It's always sunny in Philly, so it must be a Gozzo kind of day ... here's the Temple preview

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... prediction
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Direct from Graceland @ the corner of Beale St..
https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... ayers-2019
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:44 pm 24/7 sports ... D Line rankings
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 95954/Amp/
I swear some of these publications have writers that read other publications articles then paraphrase what they read. There's not a lot of new info in this article, and he bashes our schedule calling it one of the weakest in FBS.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

If if if we get good play from our back 5/6 this will be a good season. If we get good play at OL & QB, it will be a special season.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:44 pm 24/7 sports ... D Line rankings
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 95954/Amp/
I swear some of these publications have writers that read other publications articles then paraphrase what they read. There's not a lot of new info in this article, and he bashes our schedule calling it one of the weakest in FBS.
Which is laughable. I listened to the underdog dynasty podcast with fear the wave the other day and it was hilariously bad. Fear the wave was solid, but one he got off with them the two guys from UD were so boring, lazy and ill informed it actually went from outrageous to laughable.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The media in general are lazy.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana