2019 FB Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Dave breslin
Swell

Damn, I can’t prognosticate which Tulane will show up from one series to the next, much less from game to game. And you want me to pick next years outcomes? I’m hoping that we win every game. But I’d have a better guess on who’ll be president in 2028. I know we’re better off today than the last 17 years but I know we have a long way to go to get in that popularity contest winner for the 4 spots to be national champ. Like we were in ‘98

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:38 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:09 pm
AugWave wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:01 pm Loser mentality all in this thread. Sad.
Loser or Realisitc.... I am not a Tulane Coach or Player, I can afford to be a realist
Yes, we got an unhealthy dose of your “realist” the past few years concerning the mighty Universty of Texas, San Antonio Roadrunner football program. :roll: :clap: :lol:
once again UTSA 1...Tulane 0 ( that's ZERO )....and once again UTSA was BOWL Elegible two of the last three years, ...and once again they had 5 L's by a total of 30 points....so the record may not show it, but they were compettive and 3 of the L's were to PEE tems to start the season..and FYI, they went on the road and beat a PEE team...has Tulane done that ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm 2018 was ranked 16th toughest schedule in America if I remember right. 2019 looks to be top-40 and in practically a more treacherous one.
Not really. It was 16th on our opponents winning %.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm
Ruski wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm 2018 was ranked 16th toughest schedule in America if I remember right. 2019 looks to be top-40 and in practically a more treacherous one.
Not really. It was 16th on our opponents winning %.
This is correct. However, it is either the 4th or 5th toughest schedule of all the non-P5s.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:38 pm
AugWave wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:01 pm Loser mentality all in this thread. Sad.
Loser or Realisitc.... I am not a Tulane Coach or Player, I can afford to be a realist
Yes, we got an unhealthy dose of your “realist” the past few years concerning the mighty Universty of Texas, San Antonio Roadrunner football program. :roll: :clap: :lol:
once again UTSA 1...Tulane 0 ( that's ZERO )....and once again UTSA was BOWL Elegible two of the last three years, ...and once again they had 5 L's by a total of 30 points....so the record may not show it, but they were compettive and 3 of the L's were to PEE tems to start the season..and FYI, they went on the road and beat a PEE team...has Tulane done that ?
"Nut, do your homework like back in the day at SLU, :-P UTSA has only appeared in one bowl game, the 2016 New Mexico Bowl and sadly, the Roadrunners lost that game to Marshall 23 to 20. And, in 2017 UTSA's CUSA record was 3-5. 'Nut, should any team ever go bowling with such an in conference record?. :shakingno:

And 'Nut, are you going to point out to our Gotula members that of UTSA's 6 CUSA losses this year, 6 of those losses were to CUSA teams? :lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:22 pm
"Nut, do your homework like back in the day at SLU, :-P UTSA has only appeared in one bowl game, the 2016 New Mexico Bowl and sadly, the Roadrunners lost that game to Marshall 23 to 20. And, in 2017 UTSA's CUSA record was 3-5. 'Nut, should any team ever go bowling with such an in conference record?. :shakingno:

And 'Nut, are you going to point out to our Gotula members that of UTSA's 6 CUSA losses this year, 6 of those losses were to CUSA teams? :lol:
I guess i gave the readers too much credit for intelligence...I pointed out they were 0-3 to start the season with all 3 L's being against PEE schools...I thought they were smart enuff to figure out the other 6 L's would be in Conferrence play....as far as losing conference records and going to bowls, the NCAA gives a rats ass less,, as long as you have 6 wins...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:30 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:22 pm

I guess i gave the readers too much credit for intelligence...I pointed out they were 0-3 to start the season with all 3 L's being against PEE schools...I thought they were smart enuff to figure out the other 6 L's would be in Conferrence play....as far as losing conference records and going to bowls, the NCAA gives a rats ass less,, as long as you have 6 wins...
But 'Nut, UTSA lost its last 6 games in a row, finishing 3-9. :shakingno:
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No, statistically it was the 16th toughest schedule based upon opponents winning percentage coming into week 11. That doesn't mean it was the 16th toughest schedule. We all know every SEC, Big10, Big 12, ACC and Pac 12 school played tougher schedules than Tulane. The 16 ranking was just by one metric that really has nothing NOTHING to do with SOS.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

How tough or successful 2019 will be depends on the answers to the following questions:
1. Who will be Houston’s OC?
2. Who will be Memphis’ HC?
3. How good will UCF be with a new starter at QB?
4. Who will be Tulsa’s and UConn’s HCs?
5. Can Tulane defeat FIU?
6. How will Tulane perform in away games (Army, Navy, and SMU)?

It could easily be either a non-bowl season or an 8 win season, however, at the same time, it looks like a non-bowl schedule at this time. Houston, Memphis, FIU, Army, Navy, UCF, Temple, Auburn and SMU each look like tough games, and, assuming Tulane wins it’s other three games, it needs to win at least 3 of those for a bowl.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Briles will likely be back as he was lucky to have Houston take him.

Norvell has character issues that have scared others away.

The UCF back up looks solid with a lot of potential and he'll now get two starts under his belt.

Tulsa may well have new coach. UCONN just hired there old coach back so doubtful he's fired after one year.

We better be able to beat FIU.

Army, Navy and SMU are not good teams. Army's record is built on beating powder puffs.

FIU, Army, Navy and SMU should not be tough games in year 4. Houston won't have King and we get them here. Doable. We beat Memphis this year. Temple could be tough. Neither UCF or Auburn are unbeatable but very doubtful we could upset either one next year.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

FIU, Army, Navy and SMU should not be tough games in year 4.

Three of these are road games, so that will make it harder.

Of course, add in Tulsa, UConn and FCS Missouri State, all at Yulman, which should be three wins.

Given a misstep in those first four, that's still six already.

UCF/Auburn nope
Memphis and Temple on road - Houston at home. Win 1 of these three, because we always win one unexpected.

So first glance says 7-5, but could be 5-7 or 9-3. Too early to tell.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Doesn't matter if they are on the road or not. They simply aren't tough games.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:34 pm Doesn't matter if they are on the road or not. They simply aren't tough games.
unless injjury has eneded his career, King @ UH is only a JR
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:03 am
winwave wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:34 pm Doesn't matter if they are on the road or not. They simply aren't tough games.
You're right golf he is only a junior. I thought he was a senior. Wishful thinking on my part.

As to whether or not he'll be back due to the injury I think he'll be back it's just a matter of when. It did happen to him very late in the season. I hope he has a full and swift recovery for his sake.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:10 am
You're right golf he is only a junior. I thought he was a senior. Wishful thinking on my part.

As to whether or not he'll be back due to the injury I think he'll be back it's just a matter of when. It did happen to him very late in the season. I hope he has a full and swift recovery for his sake.
And hope we catch Houston early in the season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:35 am
winwave wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:10 am

And hope we catch Houston early in the season.
we "caught" Wake, early in the season...did not seem to help
RobertM320
Green Wave

I was thinking more of King not being healthy enough to play if we caught them early, like game 3 or 4. As for Wake, they're a 6-6 team just like we are, playing a much tougher schedule than we did. And yet, we were tied at 17 after regulation. Seems we played them pretty well considering.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:59 am I was thinking more of King not being healthy enough to play if we caught them early, like game 3 or 4. As for Wake, they're a 6-6 team just like we are, playing a much tougher schedule than we did. And yet, we were tied at 17 after regulation. Seems we played them pretty well considering.
Thanks to Banks scrambling and extending plays to throw long TD's on.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:26 pm
FIU, Army, Navy and SMU should not be tough games in year 4.

Three of these are road games, so that will make it harder.

Of course, add in Tulsa, UConn and FCS Missouri State, all at Yulman, which should be three wins.

Given a misstep in those first four, that's still six already.

UCF/Auburn nope
Memphis and Temple on road - Houston at home. Win 1 of these three, because we always win one unexpected.

So first glance says 7-5, but could be 5-7 or 9-3. Too early to tell.
I still haven't seen anything from Fritz that would reasonably lead anyone to believe that Tulane is good by G5 standards. Looking at Tulane's final 6 regular season games, Tulane performed notably well in only one of those games (i.e. USF) - losing to SMU and defeating bad Navy, ECU, and Tulsa teams by one score each wasn't good.

Honestly, if Tulane started 1-5 or 2-4, would it truly shock anyone?

FIU
@Auburn
FCS
@Army
@Memphis
@Navy
RobertM320
Green Wave

The dates of the conf games is not decided yet. There's no way we're playing three straight road games. There's also two weekends between the FCS game and the game @Army. We'll either have a home conf game and a bye week, or a home and an away conf game in those two weeks.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:22 pm The dates of the conf games is not decided yet. There's no way we're playing three straight road games. There's also two weekends between the FCS game and the game @Army. We'll either have a home conf game and a bye week, or a home and an away conf game in those two weeks.
Ah I misread the schedule. Either way, 1-5 or 2-4 against those teams wouldn't be surprising.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Unless he goes pro early, or his knee is a career ending injury, McKenzie Milton will return to lead the Knights of UCF next year. This was his Junior season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 pm Unless he goes pro early, or his knee is a career ending injury, McKenzie Milton will return to lead the Knights of UCF next year. This was his Junior season.
Well that sucks.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 pm Unless he goes pro early, or his knee is a career ending injury, McKenzie Milton will return to lead the Knights of UCF next year. This was his Junior season.
D- I know your daughter goes there so you have a vested interest in them and for our conference sake I hope they win all their games except in the years they play us. Unfortunately his injury appears that it's going to be so severe and suffered so late he probably doesn't come back till late in the season or takes RS if he has one left. They do look like they'd be in good hands with the backup.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

with zero Staff changes I predicted 6-6....with the changes now in place, and most recruits signed, I now have Tulane a 7-5, maybe 8-4 if the Voodo Dolls and Hail Marys work