It's Official- BOWL WAVE !!!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulsa beats SMU 27-24.

I can see us being matched up with USM in a Bowl game.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tufinal4
High Tide

WWL reporting Boca Raton & Frisco are leading destinations
green4life
Low Tide

Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Current media projections seem to have us going to either the Frisco or Boca Raton Bowl. Which one would be better for Tulane besides the obvious allure of the beach and sunny weather with Boca Raton?
oliveandblue
Surge

Take any bowl you can get. There are a raft of teams that will be sitting at home. There was a lot of mediocrity in CFB this year.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Frisco Bowl has the lowest payout, if that's a factor. AAC has 7 tie-ins and 7 bowl eligible teams. My guess is, if UCF gets the NY6 bid, the Frisco bowl should be the one the AAC skips because the payout is substantially lower than the others, but not sure how they decide.. If we end up in Boca Raton, I'm thinking we get matched up with FIU again.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:54 am Frisco Bowl has the lowest payout, if that's a factor. AAC has 7 tie-ins and 7 bowl eligible teams. My guess is, if UCF gets the NY6 bid, the Frisco bowl should be the one the AAC skips because the payout is substantially lower than the others, but not sure how they decide.. If we end up in Boca Raton, I'm thinking we get matched up with FIU again.
it ain't about "the gross", it about "the net"...also about selling your allotment...if the game is in Florida, count me out, if it is in DFW count me in...Bowl games are usually "losers" financially for the participating teams in the "lesser bowls"...the pluses, media exposure and practice time
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Except when the gross on one is $1.6M and the other is $700K. That's a huge difference.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:14 pm Except when the gross on one is $1.6M and the other is $700K. That's a huge difference.
there is also a huge difference in expenses
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:21 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:14 pm Except when the gross on one is $1.6M and the other is $700K. That's a huge difference.
How much more expensive can it be? Same number of people traveling for the same number of days, eating the same number of meals. Yes, costs are more expensive in Boca Raton, but I doubt its double. I guarantee you'd net more from $1.6M than from $700K no matter what.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:21 pm
How much more expensive can it be? Same number of people traveling for the same number of days, eating the same number of meals. Yes, costs are more expensive in Boca Raton, but I doubt its double. I guarantee you'd net more from $1.6M than from $700K no matter what.
not only more expensive once U arrive...more expensive to get there and back
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not sure how you figure that. I can get flights to Fort Lauderdale for less than I can to DFW, at around the time they would be travelling. Not going to be enough of a difference in expenses to make up for $1M less gross. Just admit it, you want the Frisco Bowl because its close enough for you to go. We'll I'm sure there are Florida alum who would go to Boca but not to Frisco.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:05 pm Not sure how you figure that. I can get flights to Fort Lauderdale for less than I can to DFW, at around the time they would be travelling. Not going to be enough of a difference in expenses to make up for $1M less gross. Just admit it, you want the Frisco Bowl because its close enough for you to go. We'll I'm sure there are Florida alum who would go to Boca but not to Frisco.
I am not really concerned which one they go to...I will not be in attendance at either one....the Frisco bowl allows some not so well heeded, like yourself, or with multi family members to pay for a fairly easy drive.....for me, if I were going, about two and a half hour drive...nola to frisco is a about 525 miles...nola to boca is about 900 miles...like I said, most schools all loose money playing in these lesser Bowls, the value is the added practice time and media exposure
dpm wave
Swell

How about a rematch with Wake in Tampa?

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ ... story.html
RobertM320
Green Wave

Does anyone know what the process is for the AAC regarding selecting teams for bowls? I know the SEC, for example, has a hierarchy regarding the bowls, as to which one gets priority on choosing a team. But I've heard that the AAC more or less assigns teams to a specific bowl depending on matchups. Is this true? If not, how do they decide?
RobertM320
Green Wave

I did see an article in the Shreveport Times, but I can't find it now. It was written before this past weekend, and they were hoping for LSU to lose, so they'd possibly get Tennessee/Vandy winner in the Indy Bowl. But their prediction was, of all things, Ga Tech vs Tulane in the Indy Bowl. That's out of left field for sure.
ccap05
Surge

Not that it matters, but this site has us being left out fo the bowl picture. http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-foo ... r2gcbom6ky
OUG
Riptide

ccap05 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:08 pm Not that it matters, but this site has us being left out fo the bowl picture. http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-foo ... r2gcbom6ky
You can’t put any stock in this trash. They have 5-7 FAU in a bowl and they aren’t even eligible!

Our conference has 7 contract bowls and 7 bowl eligible teams. We ARE going to a bowl. If UCF wins on Saturday, we will actually have one spot go unfilled. Anyone with the simplest knowledge of how bowl bids work and a smartphone can figure out in two minutes that all the eligible AAC teams will go bowling. But these sites put less than zero thought into non-P5 football and it shows on things like this. You’d think they’d be embarrassed to publish something without even putting in the most basic of research, but they aren’t. That’s sports media today.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320
Green Wave

Interesting breakdown on the YAC yards on Justin's 9 TD passes.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2018/11/wit ... plays.html
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

To summarize:
BOWL TEAMS

Here’s a list of AAC teams currently eligible for a bowl:

Central Florida (11-0)
Cincinnati (10-2)
Houston (8-4)
Memphis (8-4)
South Florida (7-5)
Temple (8-4)
Tulane (6-6)

BOWL LIST

Here’s a list of bowls with AAC tie-ins:

Cure Bowl, Dec. 15 vs. Sun Belt, Orlando, Fla.
Boca Raton Bowl, Dec. 18 vs. Conference USA, Boca Raton, Fla.
Frisco Bowl, Dec. 19 vs. At-Large, Frisco, Texas
Gasparilla Bowl, Dec. 20 vs. Conference USA, Tampa, Fla.
Armed Forces Bowl, Dec. 22 vs. Big 12 (No. 7 conference), Fort Worth, Texas
Birmingham Bowl, Dec. 22 vs. SEC, Birmingham, Ala.
Military Bowl, Dec. 31 vs. ACC, Annapolis, Md.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

So the team is guaranteed a bowl slot.....are they practicing?