Tulane Comes Back To Beat Navy 29-28

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:31 pm We are choking.
And Navy has our secondary totally confused all second half.

Dave breslin
Swell

Thank you Willie!
Pepper
Swell

McMillan put that team on his shoulders.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Fritz channeling Sean Payton on that two-point conversion decision! Gutsy call.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

If someone had said at the beginning of the season that Banks would not be our QB the last five games of the season and we'd still be bowl-eligible, people would have thought they were crazy.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

Amazing game, one the most fun ever!!!!
Gutsy football all around!!!

Final:
Wave 29
Navy 28

Roll Wave Roll!!!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

We going bowling !
Wave755
Tsunami

:wave: :thumbup: :clap: And, WF deserves to go surfing today!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

For everyone who been bitching and moaning about no progess, season three of Fritz we're going bowling AND we're AAC West Division co-champs. Don't downplay the steps this program has made. We're so close to being really good, and a win like this goes a long way as far as confidence.

And I think we've got a QB!
dpm wave
Swell

I just got banned from the other from the other board for the 3rd time.

Double win for me today. :lol: :lol:
Ruski
Swell

6-6 baby! Let's hope we get a bowl!

This team could've easily been 9-3 (wake, uab, smu) or 3-9 (tulsa, ecu, navy). The fact that we pulled through to get to 6 shows me we're improving and taking care of business.

Time to celebrate!!!! (And pray to the football gods)
swampnik
Surge

GREAT deserved win for the team and the oh so long thirsty fans of the Wave.
Was Banks dressed out and ready to play today? If yes, then I was surprised though that CWF did not throw a crumb to QB Banks on "Senior Day" to let him run one or two plays or one series during this game (especially after the McMillan interception, it would have been apropos to let Banks in for one last "hero" shot). Big shout out to all the Seniors who contributed to his come from behind VICTORY! Now time to STRIKE those bowling pins.
Last edited by swampnik on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

I’m going to say it, in fritz I trust !
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:15 pm For everyone who been bitching and moaning about no progess, season three of Fritz we're going bowling AND we're AAC West Division co-champs. Don't downplay the steps this program has made. We're so close to being really good, and a win like this goes a long way as far as confidence.

And I think we've got a QB!
Yep, McMillan is it!!! :thumbup:
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm 6-6 baby! Let's hope we get a bowl!

This team could've easily been 9-3 (wake, uab, smu) or 3-9 (tulsa, ecu, navy). The fact that we pulled through to get to 6 shows me we're improving and taking care of business.

It may not hurt to pull for Tulsa, just to be safe. Surely wouldn't want SMU to be the team that takes our spot, again.
RobertM320
Green Wave

McMillan 18-29 for 291 yds.

Bradwell 66 yards rushing. Falls just 16 yards shy of 1000 for the season. And has his string broken of 7 games in a row with a TD.

But we bowling!
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Obviously, Curtis put together another good defensive plan against the run. Navy only had 117 yds on 45 attempts, a 2.6 ypc average, with longest run of 13 yds.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Teams that could potentially become bowl eligible today, that we need to pull against:

Wyoming
USM
Maryland
Arizona
Minnesota
SMU
FAU
Kansas St
Colorado
USC
TCU

Obviously, if SMU loses, we're in regardless.
Dupergreenie
Surge

dpm wave wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:19 pm I just got banned from the other from the other board for the 3rd time.

Double win for me today. :lol: :lol:
Good! There is no reason to celebrate 6 wins. That loser mentality is WHY we have only been to a few bowls. This staff needs a shake up. 6 wins will help keep it intact.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looked like it was going to be a classic Tulane choke job. Navy's D is really bad especially against the pass. McMillan was not throwing well. Running game wasn't going. McMillan finally started hitting our wide open receivers. Unfortunately at the half Navy realized what everyone else already did- just pass the ball. They had been wide open anytime they tried in the first half but Abey was missing them. He found them in the second half. Then for once we came through in the end. YES!!!

IT'S IMPORTANT- PULL FOR TULSA TO BEAT SMU TO LEAVE NO DOUBT WE GO BOWLING. TULSA UP 7-0.

As for McMillan he hasn't proved he's the man yet. His passing is still below par. If he was a good passer he would have been 25-29 and the game would have been a blowout. Hopefully he can get better there but with Ruse as his coach that's doubtful.

The DB coach has to go. They need to get Lionel Washington back. Make him the co-D coordinator and let him straighten the DB's out. We have been leaving guys wide open for three years. It's inexcusable.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulsa up 14-0.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dupergreenie
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:18 pm Teams that could potentially become bowl eligible today, that we need to pull against:

Wyoming
USM
Maryland
Arizona
Minnesota
SMU
FAU
Kansas St
Colorado
USC
TCU

Obviously, if SMU loses, we're in regardless.
So much "Tulane" in one statement.
Wave755
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm 6-6 baby! Let's hope we get a bowl!

A One, A Two, A Helluva Hullabaloo
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
Hooray-Hooray Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tee Ay, Tee Ay Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tulane!