ULL Beats Tulane 68-61

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:19 pm So which is it?
  1. ULL is a powerhouse team that belongs in the discussion with Cincinnati, Houston, and Memphis
  2. Tulane is a very weak team that has made little progress in the last three years. We are incapable of handling programs that should not be competitive with us. We will finish the season in the bottom two teams of the AAC. We can't even hang with ULL which is a step down from ULM in the Sun Belt.
No reply required as the answer is obvious. Bring on the ULaLa trolls. We deserve it.
Watch it. Ed Daniels is going to get you.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:55 pm I realize this thread is about the basketball game but I really don’t like that Dannen signed a football series contract with U LA LA. They do nothing for us and compete with us in recruiting. We are doing them a huge favor and getting nothing in return by letting U LA LA, a Sunbelt school, play Tulane, an AAC school. All schools in the Sunbelt and CUSA are literally begging to play AAC schools and I would rather Dannen have signed a contract with any of them except for U LA LA.

We need to play ULL in every single sport. They are an in state division I program who receives more attention in athletics than we do in this era.
Ball Sumrall!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I want whatever it is you’re smoking my friend as it must be some potent stuff. U LA LA receives almost no coverage in the New Orleans area. The only time I see anything written about U LA LA is the week leading up to the New Orleans Bowl if they are playing in it. However, all teams playing in the New Orleans Bowl would receive similar media coverage since it is a local event. As much as we complain about Tulane’s coverage, at least there are articles on a regular basis in both the New Orleans Advocate and The Times Picayune during football season. U LA LA receives almost no coverage in the greater New Orleans area. Also Tulane receives much more national attention than U LA LA. Almost every Tulane football games this season has been on one of the major ESPN television stations while U LA LA is usually only shown on the internet such as on ESPN 3. Tulane is typically on national cable tv while U LA LA is almost never on tv. U LA LA, a Subelt team, does absolutely nothing for Tulane, an AAC team, and should not be on our schedule.
Eaglewave
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:42 pm I want whatever it is you’re smoking my friend as it must be some potent stuff. U LA LA receives almost no coverage in the New Orleans area. The only time I see anything written about U LA LA is the week leading up to the New Orleans Bowl if they are playing in it. However, all teams playing in the New Orleans Bowl would receive similar media coverage since it is a local event. As much as we complain about Tulane’s coverage, at least there are articles on a regular basis in both the New Orleans Advocate and The Times Picayune during football season. U LA LA receives almost no coverage in the greater New Orleans area. Also Tulane receives much more national attention than U LA LA. Almost every Tulane football games this season has been on one of the major ESPN television stations while U LA LA is usually only shown on the internet such as on ESPN 3. Tulane is typically on national cable tv while U LA LA is almost never on tv. U LA LA, a Subelt team, does absolutely nothing for Tulane, an AAC team, and should not be on our schedule.
You might need to pay more attention of who has been in the National spot light through multiple sports between us and ULL. For the past 10 years, they have been making more noise in multiple sports. Football isn’t even a comparison. How many Bowl Games have we been to since in the past 10 years? Say what you want about the NOLA, but those Cajuns has showed up and showed us out in our city. All of those NOLA Bowl trips immediately knockout your football debate. There baseball and basketball teams has had there days in the sun and has surpassed us as well. While fans like you sit back and wait for LSU to call, those ULL folks are getting their names seen in more tournaments and bowl games. C-USA or American (aka Big C-USA) ULL has been doing better things than us. We need to step our game up.

What does playing ULL do for us? It gives our facilities bigger attendance numbers. It gives Louisiana recruits a chance to see who is the better FBS program. It gives us a chance to see that it’s possible to pack a Superdome being a G5 Louisiana program. It lets the state know that we can beat ULL (and that’s been a struggle) and aren’t running from them like La Tech does to ULM. I can’t see why some of us are riding this fake high horse. We are not the second best athletic program at the moment.
Ball Sumrall!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Eaglewave, I would just add that, as in business, competition, especially good competition, always makes one better. In the end good competition forces us to put out a better product for the clients (the fans in this case) and forces us to get more bang for the bucks we spend to produce what we're selling (exciting team action)..

In my opinion, until the Tulane athletic department can clearly demonstrate that it operates at a significantly higher level than its peer competitors, I see no downside for either party in routinely scheduling one another on the football field, the basketball court, or the baseball diamond.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Eaglewave
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 pm Eaglewave, I would just add that, as in business, competition, especially good competition, always makes one better. In the end good competition forces us to put out a better product for the clients (the fans in this case) and forces us to get more bang for the bucks we spend to produce what we're selling (exciting team action)..

In my opinion, until the Tulane athletic department can clearly demonstrate that it operates at a significantly higher level than its peer competitors, I see no downside for either party in routinely scheduling one another on the football field, the basketball court, or the baseball diamond.

I won’t let my pride get in the way of what’s been going on for the past 10 years. ULL has been making more noise in athletics, national television big moments, and the work out into facilities. My fellow Green Wave lovers really need to wake up and realize that it’s 2018. Games vs La Tech, ULM and ULL always need to happen within a two year span in football. In everything else, we need to play every damn year.
Ball Sumrall!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

exflash wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 pm Actual crowd was 57278——-I would say that it was about 50k for the Cajuns, as the Louisiana crowd curled the bowl onto the 10 yard lines of the other side...I too was there for a great Louisiana Ragin Cajun victory on the field and in the stands.......check the facts and post some photos!
BS. There was no way there was 57k in that stadium for that game. That would mean the dome was 3/4 full and it was by no means close to that in 2013.
Eaglewave
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:00 pm
exflash wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 pm Actual crowd was 57278——-I would say that it was about 50k for the Cajuns, as the Louisiana crowd curled the bowl onto the 10 yard lines of the other side...I too was there for a great Louisiana Ragin Cajun victory on the field and in the stands.......check the facts and post some photos!
BS. There was no way there was 57k in that stadium for that game. That would mean the dome was 3/4 full and it was by no means close to that in 2013.
Whatever it was, they loaded the place.
Ball Sumrall!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)