Tulane Beats South Dakota St. 84-80

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:18 pm Clearly, I missed the "tough" option for the mis-spell. And it makes total sense if we got tough down the stretch to lose a lead late but still come back and win. Not something we see often from our "front porch" sports.

Darn keyboard I have is the problem. All the alums have taught me to stay "tough" through this tournaments end; (wink)

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sometimes I wonder about these RPI things. Florida State is the #1 ranked team. They've played two games, and have beaten #63 Tulane and #135 Florida. So how does their strength of schedule rank as #1 also? You mean no one has played two teams better than Tulane and Florida yet?

http://realtimerpi.com/college_Men_bask ... _Full.html
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm
Darn keyboard I have is the problem. All the alums have taught me to stay "tough" through this tournaments end; (wink)
No worries, swampnik. I got a chuckle out of my inability to realize that you meant "tough", it really never occurred to me. Then I got another chuckle out of this post I'm quoting. My work is ridiculously busy and pressure filled (sales sucked in the 3rd quarter, immediately after our company got an investment from a fortune 500 company) and laughs are few and far between as I'm working 60-70 hour weeks and traveling more than I ever wanted. THANKS for the laughs!

BTW: Are you familiar with the Honey Island Swamp Band? If you are (or are not) check out their song "300 Pounds". Forget about what his crop is, your screen name makes me think about the guy that's the subject of the song every time I see it!

https://archive.org/details/HISB2016-07 ... Pounds.wav
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:43 pm Sometimes I wonder about these RPI things. Florida State is the #1 ranked team. They've played two games, and have beaten #63 Tulane and #135 Florida. So how does their strength of schedule rank as #1 also? You mean no one has played two teams better than Tulane and Florida yet?

Two road wins carry more weight. Don’t know much more though.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm
swampnik wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm
No worries, swampnik. I got a chuckle out of my inability to realize that you meant "tough", it really never occurred to me. Then I got another chuckle out of this post I'm quoting. My work is ridiculously busy and pressure filled (sales sucked in the 3rd quarter, immediately after our company got an investment from a fortune 500 company) and laughs are few and far between as I'm working 60-70 hour weeks and traveling more than I ever wanted. THANKS for the laughs!

BTW: Are you familiar with the Honey Island Swamp Band? If you are (or are not) check out their song "300 Pounds". Forget about what his crop is, your screen name makes me think about the guy that's the subject of the song every time I see it!

https://archive.org/details/HISB2016-07 ... Pounds.wav
Thanks for the head's up DfromCT. Do you know if HISB is now calling DC home or Lafayette?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:37 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:43 pm Sometimes I wonder about these RPI things. Florida State is the #1 ranked team. They've played two games, and have beaten #63 Tulane and #135 Florida. So how does their strength of schedule rank as #1 also? You mean no one has played two teams better than Tulane and Florida yet?

Two road wins carry more weight. Don’t know much more though.
Wow! FS rated No. 1 should help TU's ranking not matter what.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:42 am Thanks for the head's up DfromCT. Do you know if HISB is now calling DC home or Lafayette?
I haven't spoken to Aaron W in a while, but last I checked, they called New Orleans home. He's from the Gulf coast. Not sure where the rest of the band lives. If you recall, they made a stop between gigs to visit Zachary in the hospital in August of 2017, when he was only a few weeks into his second leukemia treatment. Great guys, great band, great sound. Saw them at the French Quarter Fest and toured the Honey Island Swamp the next day!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:46 am
swampnik wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:42 am Thanks for the head's up DfromCT. Do you know if HISB is now calling DC home or Lafayette?
I haven't spoken to Aaron W in a while, but last I checked, they called New Orleans home. He's from the Gulf coast. Not sure where the rest of the band lives. If you recall, they made a stop between gigs to visit Zachary in the hospital in August of 2017, when he was only a few weeks into his second leukemia treatment. Great guys, great band, great sound. Saw them at the French Quarter Fest and toured the Honey Island Swamp the next day!
Zachary and HISB:
+ 1000
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)