Navy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:05 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:36 am The Tax Payer Funded Naval Academy and will wash away all hopes of a bowl bid...that is good and bad news...the bad...no bowl...the good, I get to use that bowl money on my next Porsche, or BMW Z car...everyone have a great Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving Golfnut!!

C'Mon, you can still get that Porsche or BMW when we beat Navy.. Or, how about bucking the trend and having some fun.

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic ... /100951374
owned a 1968 Camaro RS.... pale yellow with black interior and stripping...looks like this one
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... x=3&uact=3

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell

What a great car!! I had a 76 Cutlass, just not the same.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:43 pm What a great car!! I had a 76 Cutlass, just not the same.
when all else fails, I take this one out of the garage..2002 only 68,000 miles..Egyptian Sand with Tobacco interior and all options
https://www.thecarconnection.com/overvi ... c-430_2002
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:38 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm
We played teams worse than Colgate, which has a D that is VERY VERY good..

And I'll be happy to wager on the Black Knights of the Hudson versus Navy. Straight up.
Interesting, but its really hard to tell just how good Colgate is, since they play NOBODY. Five shutouts, 2 games of 3, and one of 6 points, but all against average FCS schools.. But when they play a real FBS school, they gave up 28.

https://gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=340
The FCS Pollsters think they're pretty good, as they're ranked #7 after dropping from 6th after the Army game.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... aches-poll

I'm pretty sure, after seeing them play, they'd hold Nicholls State to 10 or less. They are an FCS school, but a damned good one. And the way Tulane plays, we should criticize NOBODY at the D1 level, FBS or FCS. NOBODY.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

We have a long record of matching up well against their flexbone & Navy knows it. Even under CJ, thanks to our defense, the games were much closer than the score indicated. We have the team speed at LB & DB to win. The techniques on our d-line have to be executed cleanly & consistantly throughout the game. Our guys up front are going to be physically challenged on every play - should be a fun game to watch.
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am
RobertM320 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:38 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm
We played teams worse than Colgate, which has a D that is VERY VERY good..

And I'll be happy to wager on the Black Knights of the Hudson versus Navy. Straight up.
Interesting, but its really hard to tell just how good Colgate is, since they play NOBODY. Five shutouts, 2 games of 3, and one of 6 points, but all against average FCS schools.. But when they play a real FBS school, they gave up 28.

https://gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=340
The FCS Pollsters think they're pretty good, as they're ranked #7 after dropping from 6th after the Army game.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... aches-poll

I'm pretty sure, after seeing them play, they'd hold Nicholls State to 10 or less. They are an FCS school, but a damned good one. And the way Tulane plays, we should criticize NOBODY at the D1 level, FBS or FCS. NOBODY.
Navy will defeat Army.
swampnik
Surge

Wavetime wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:43 pm What a great car!! I had a 76 Cutlass, just not the same.

I was the original owner of a Pontiac Ventura 1973 350 V8. Original paint job of mustard with a white roof. Sold it in 2005 after Katrina for $1k to a family member from Impasatoi's Restaurant.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:57 am Navy will defeat Army.
I've got $100 that says Army wins that game. I can pay or get paid via Venmo, PayPal or Zelle. I'm willing to put up the $100 to a third party ahead of time. Let's make it happen. Put up or shut up time for both of us.

There's an arrogance on this board that's unjustified w/r/t FCS teams and other G5 teams. Until Tulane is ranked regularly, it's embarrassing that our fans look down their noses at anyone! Frankly, we're a whole lot closer to the FCS talent level than P5 talent level. If we played the top 10 teams in FCS, we'd MAYBE go 5-5 or if things unfolded properly, 6-4. If we played the top 10 in FBS, we'd go 0-10, or maybe 0-11 as we would probably find a way to lose the 11th game of a 10 game series!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:52 am We have a long record of matching up well against their flexbone & Navy knows it. Even under CJ, thanks to our defense, the games were much closer than the score indicated. We have the team speed at LB & DB to win. The techniques on our d-line have to be executed cleanly & consistantly throughout the game. Our guys up front are going to be physically challenged on every play - should be a fun game to watch.
One thing we don't do that drives me nuts: BURY THE PITCH MAN (QB). Against this type of attack the D needs to drill the pitch man, instead of trying to chase down the RB he pitched to, which 95 times out of 100 isn't going to happen. A D-lineman will very rarely catch up to the RB that gets the pitch. Play disciplined position football and drill the QB regularly. It has an effect after the first 10-15 times he's picking turf out of his facemask.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:31 pm
wave97 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:52 am We have a long record of matching up well against their flexbone & Navy knows it. Even under CJ, thanks to our defense, the games were much closer than the score indicated. We have the team speed at LB & DB to win. The techniques on our d-line have to be executed cleanly & consistantly throughout the game. Our guys up front are going to be physically challenged on every play - should be a fun game to watch.
One thing we don't do that drives me nuts: BURY THE PITCH MAN (QB). Against this type of attack the D needs to drill the pitch man, instead of trying to chase down the RB he pitched to, which 95 times out of 100 isn't going to happen. A D-lineman will very rarely catch up to the RB that gets the pitch. Play disciplined position football and drill the QB regularly. It has an effect after the first 10-15 times he's picking turf out of his facemask.
I agree. Zach Abey is a beast, but if you check out the games he QBs in, he keeps it about 40% the time. Each of the last two games he's carried 26 times of the 63 attempts. And he's 1-4 passing. However, wasn't it last year or the year before they tried to mix it up against us and threw several passes early in the game?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

I just checked. Actually, the last 3 seasons they've thrown 12 passes each game against us. Abey was 4-12 last year, Will Worth and another guy went 5-12 the year before, and Keenan Reynolds and one other went 8-12 against us in 2015,

Seems like that's way above their average. I guess trying to mix things up because they know we're familiar with the offense.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Eaglewave
Swell

Tomorrow, Fritz will have his first bowl eligible team at Tulane. I can’t see this team and staff flopping on this one. Many of you know that I was a big fan of Fritz and still believe we made a good hire. I believe the Fritz will keep us a 6-9 winning team on a regular basis. It starts tomorrow. Roll Wave beat Navy!
Ball Sumrall!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:57 pm Tomorrow, Fritz will have his first bowl eligible team at Tulane. I can’t see this team and staff flopping on this one. Many of you know that I was a big fan of Fritz and still believe we made a good hire. I believe the Fritz will keep us a 6-9 winning team on a regular basis. It starts tomorrow. Roll Wave beat Navy!
I believe ! I hope with a win & and a bowl win we have some of the perennial pessimists scurrying for the shadows and fading Into obscurity.

Roll Wave !
wave97
Swell

If our DE's do an ole on the tackles in an effort to bury the pitch without denying timely access to our inside run support, the game will be decided quickly in favor of Navy.
If it only were that simple.
When Georgia Southern took a Nick Saban coached National Champion team into the fourth quarter it was for this reason.
[https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... ern-cussin]