Navy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 pm



High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1650
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Got to win this one.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18082
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:05 am

$5 tickets
11am Kickoff
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:39 am

tpstulane wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:05 am
$5 tickets
11am Kickoff
AMAZING! $50.00 (like homecoming was going to draw those purchases) to $5.00 Tickets...and Navy is a better draw (opponent-wise) than East Carolina.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18082
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am

Houma de Wave wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:39 am
tpstulane wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:05 am
$5 tickets
11am Kickoff
AMAZING! $50.00 (like homecoming was going to draw those purchases) to $5.00 Tickets...and Navy is a better draw (opponent-wise) than East Carolina.
I can only assume with the students and others being away for Thanksgiving weekend plus an 11am kickoff this game won’t draw much besides a few extra Navy fans. Tulane could make the tickets free and it probably wouldn’t bump attendance all that much.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:47 am

I have a bad feeling about this game. Anybody have an update on Kennedy injury. Will need him.
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Jaxwave wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:47 am
I have a bad feeling about this game. Anybody have an update on Kennedy injury. Will need him.
I like Robert Kennedy and hope he's back, but I think we really need Cam Sample who made the trip to Houston, participated in pre-game warm ups, but wasn't ready to go.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1352
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Jaxwave wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:47 am
I have a bad feeling about this game. Anybody have an update on Kennedy injury. Will need him.
So do I. Our young guys up front will be in a trial by fire situation. I hope the older guys are healthy to free up Graham/Teamer on inside-out pursuit. The corners are going to have to play strong in run support.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Robert Kennedy's career is over with a torn ACL:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2018/11/tul ... iver_index

Thanks for all your efforts. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Sample is expected back.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6554
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 pm

winwave wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:03 pm
Robert Kennedy's career is over with a torn ACL:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2018/11/tul ... iver_index

Thanks for all your efforts. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Sample is expected back.
That's a huge loss. I hope Robert recovers quickly and wish him the best post college.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:18 pm

We had a few other players go down. I hadn’t heard anything about their condition.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 pm

The article says Fritz expects all of them to be back.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:23 pm

winwave wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 pm
The article says Fritz expects all of them to be back.
Thanks! Didn’t think to read it. Much appreciated.
Good news.
User avatar
TURVS71
Swell
Posts: 1537
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am
Status: Offline

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 pm

I don’t think I like paying well
Over $1000 for my football season tickets then
having someone walk up and pay $5 to get in!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:49 pm

High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:50 pm

High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
anEngineer
High Tide
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 am

Kickoff countdown counter is set for noon.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 am

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1352
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 am
from Chet Gladchuck
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/col ... t07a-15gp1
Navy played Notre Dame, UCF, Cincinnati, Temple & the AAC West. Take a good look at who Army played this year:
https://goarmywestpoint.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
Army made a wise choice to remain independent for their football program. Bring on Colgate!
I'll take the Mids this December in Philadelphia.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6554
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

wave97 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 am
from Chet Gladchuck
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/col ... t07a-15gp1
Navy played Notre Dame, UCF, Cincinnati, Temple & the AAC West. Take a good look at who Army played this year:
https://goarmywestpoint.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
Army made a wise choice to remain independent for their football program. Bring on Colgate!
I'll take the Mids this December in Philadelphia.
We played teams worse than Colgate, which has a D that is VERY VERY good..

And I'll be happy to wager on the Black Knights of the Hudson versus Navy. Straight up.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Has Fritz ever defeated Navy - even going back to his Georgia Southern days (2014)?

This game will be intriguing.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6758
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:19 pm
Has Fritz ever defeated Navy - even going back to his Georgia Southern days (2014)?

This game will be intriguing.
Best I can tell he's 0-4.

2014 GaSo @ Navy L 19-52
2015 TUL @ Navy L 14-31 IIRC, in that game it was only 17-14 early in the 4th. That was a roster of mostly all CJ players
2016 TUL vs Navy L14-21 Tulane led 14-13 until the last Navy drive.
2017 TUL @ Navy L 21-23 Early safety ended up being the margin of victory

He's played them close every year at Tulane, with less talent than he has now, and against better Navy teams. Lets hope this is the year he gets his first win against them.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:36 am

The Tax Payer Funded Naval Academy and will wash away all hopes of a bowl bid...that is good and bad news...the bad...no bowl...the good, I get to use that bowl money on my next Porsche, or BMW Z car...everyone have a great Thanksgiving
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6758
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:38 am

DfromCT wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

We played teams worse than Colgate, which has a D that is VERY VERY good..

And I'll be happy to wager on the Black Knights of the Hudson versus Navy. Straight up.
Interesting, but its really hard to tell just how good Colgate is, since they play NOBODY. Five shutouts, 2 games of 3, and one of 6 points, but all against average FCS schools.. But when they play a real FBS school, they gave up 28.


https://gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=340
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Wavetime
Swell
Posts: 1151
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Status: Offline

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:05 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:36 am
The Tax Payer Funded Naval Academy and will wash away all hopes of a bowl bid...that is good and bad news...the bad...no bowl...the good, I get to use that bowl money on my next Porsche, or BMW Z car...everyone have a great Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving Golfnut!!

C'Mon, you can still get that Porsche or BMW when we beat Navy.. Or, how about bucking the trend and having some fun.

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic ... /100951374
Post Reply