Tulane Beats Coastal Carolina 81-76

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They are led by long time coach Cliff Ellis. They are picked in the middle of the pack in the Sunbelt. It will be interesting to see how our team responds tomorrow night.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is favored by 4 1/2.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Would like us to play them in baseball.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

Is the game on TV or Facebook live?
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:13 am Tulane is favored by 4 1/2.
81-76

Covered the spread. The team looked like total ass cheeks out there. FT shooting is kinda funny to watch, and the defense is some of the worst stuff I've ever seen in my life.
Houma de Wave
Swell

It was an ugly win, but the team did not look like total ass cheeks out there. Coach D said before the game that he is signing 2 next week. Nobal Days, 6-9 1/2 PF out of Racine, WI, committed. 3 Stars and a former Wisconsin commit.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik
Surge

oliveandblue wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:10 pm
81-76

Covered the spread. The team looked like total ass cheeks out there. FT shooting is kinda funny to watch, and the defense is some of the worst stuff I've ever seen in my life.
Did Zhang and
Crabtree get many minutes in this game?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Show Me
Tsunami

swampnik wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 am
81-76

Did Zhang and
Zhang started and had like 5pts or so. He played around 20 mins but not as much as in the FSU because he was a non-factor. I don’t remember much of Crabtree either he played around 17 mins.. The crowd was back down to the usual diehards as well. We were lucky to come out with a win. CC had it for the taking. Choked on the FT line at the end. Shot around 57% from the FT line for the night. Ugly win no less a win.
Houma de Wave
Swell

swampnik wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 am
81-76

Did Zhang and
Zhang started out with a a couple of errant shots and committed a turnover. It looked like Coach wanted to calm him down by substituting early for him...played 20 minutes. Crabtree had some good minutes and finished with 7 points.
netshorty
Surge

Houma de Wave wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm It was an ugly win, but the team did not look like total ass cheeks out there.
sounds like you are agreeing to partial ass cheeks though? another creative barometer. :D
anEngineer
Riptide

We all have to remember that there are often 4 freshmen on the floor at the same time with this group. Crabtree has struggled (probably pressing too hard), but hit a couple of shots later in the game. Wood, who Dunleavy said shoots 90% at practice, has also struggled early in the season, but hit 3 of 5 last night. Barrett is still learning as well and makes mistakes with ball handling and shooting. Ona Embo will be back soon and bring some leadership and production to that position. A Florida State fan at the previous game said we played them better than Florida who lost to them by 19.

For anyone who has not seen the team. we are a LOT longer than any team in recent memory. It's obvious the players being brought in are real Division I players and will give us a chance to compete. It's too early to be too critical of the freshmen. Daniels, Sehic and Ona Embo will provide a steady base to rotate the rest to find the hot hand.
Houma de Wave
Swell

netshorty wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 am
Houma de Wave wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm It was an ugly win, but the team did not look like total ass cheeks out there.
sounds like you are agreeing to partial ass cheeks though? another creative barometer. :D
That is accurate.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

From afar, and not seeing much of the FSU game, and none of this game, I would like to see Dunleavy getting the team to play with the same intensity regardless of the crowd, the opponent, or any other factor that is totally out of their control.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm From afar, and not seeing much of the FSU game, and none of this game, I would like to see Dunleavy getting the team to play with the same intensity regardless of the crowd, the opponent, or any other factor that is totally out of their control.
Brilliant....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .