FSU Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Honeycutt will be there:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... e83dc.html

Hard to believe they are only favored by 14.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Good to see Fogelman/Devlin packed tonight. Hopefully we will win quite a few we 'are not supposed to' and fill the tiny place early and often and late, too....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
galvezwave
Swell

We’re not very good.
galvezwave
Swell

I like the freshmen though. Daniel and Cornish look god aweful
puffy
Surge

Kevin Zhang is the best player on the team. More of him and less of Cornish thanks.
galvezwave
Swell

Zhang is our best player. Really good for a China boy.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Can't be too disappointed in this. First game of the season for us, but second for FSU, which makes a difference. They beat Florida by 21 in their first game. Need to do a better job with FTs as usual. Sehic disappeared in the second half. Zhang with 24 pts, 7 boards in his debut, including 4-5 from three. Daniels with 7 turnovers, Eighteen as a team. Can't win with that many mistakes against a good team. FSU was ranked #17.

Here's the stats if anyone's interested.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =401082696
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
puffy
Surge

The team really missed Ona Embo as the primary ball handler. 15 turnovers between Barrett/Cornish/Daniels. Cornish can't get out of his own way sometimes, doesn't look like he's made any improvements from last season..

The three freshman look very good. They and Daniels will form a very good core. I know it's only one game but Zhang seems like the real deal. Athletic, good size, good looking jumper. He won't be 24 and 7 every game but he definitely looked like he belonged. I just wish they fed him more during his heat check in the middle of the second half.
Houma de Wave
Swell

FSU had a lot to do with forcing all of those turnovers. The competition was tough, but we hung fairly well. I honestly thought we’d lose by more than the 14-point spread. We will be without Ona Embo again on Tuesday night. The PG position is critical.
Show Me
Tsunami

Sloppy game by both teams. Zhang definitely shined tonight. Hope it continues. FSU also had one of their best players out. Saw little improvement from our first game against Loyola.
Jaxwave
Swell

Guys FSU had Florida down by 30 until Florida scored the last 10 points in the game. They have one of the bigger teams in the country and play really good defense. I thought we would lose by 30. Overall this was a nice effort by the team. Now let’s see if they can build on this.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Much better performance than expected. Much better crowd than expected too. I'd put it at around 2,800. Actually had a good sized group of students in the visitors end zone seats right behind the goal. The sideline student section was full and stayed so for the second half. FSU brought a nice contingent.

Good outing by Zhang. Hopefully he can deliver like that nightly. The other freshman contributed. Was surprised at Woods misses at the FT line. MD said postgame that he hits at 90% in practice. I know we'll be better off when Embo gets back but he's average at best. A lot of emphasis in recruiting has to be on that position. Cornish continues to be a disappointment and a turnover machine.

Happy for Jerald. People stayed in the stands at halftime for his presentation. He looked really happy. I'm sure he gave the team a good talk before the game. Good line of people to get his autograph after the ceremony. The shirts they gave out were nice.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
puffy
Surge

PG help should be coming in the form of Jordan Walker, who is sitting out as a transfer.

I think Daniels will be fine. I don't know if Cornish will be anything different than what he has been thus far, which is highly inconsistent.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm Sloppy game by both teams. Zhang definitely shined tonight. Hope it continues. FSU also had one of their best players out. Saw little improvement from our first game against Loyola.
Who were they missing?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik
Surge

the excitement has returned to Fogelman! Many assumed this could have been a 20-50 point blow out by FSU. Thanks Coach MD. Sehic tgook advantage of his 1st team new status in 1st half and Zhang had his coming out party in the 2nd (super star in the making he is)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the Tally ( if they can ever get one ) Assey take
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sport ... /38481441/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Show Me wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm Sloppy game by both teams. Zhang definitely shined tonight. Hope it continues. FSU also had one of their best players out. Saw little improvement from our first game against Loyola.
Who were they missing?
Their star forward Phil Cofer, who was out with a foot injury.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Right, but we had Ona Embo out as well...not that he is of the same caliber, but he is our starting PG, which can make a difference and cut down on the TO’s.

We may not win as many as you and I want, but this gives us a little encouragement. Let’s see how we do against Coastal Caro., again without Ona Embo.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 am
winwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 pm
Who were they missing?
Their star forward Phil Cofer, who was out with a foot injury.

Thanks.
ajcalhoun
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 pm Zhang is our best player. Really good for a China boy.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am
galvezwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 pm Zhang is our best player. Really good for a China boy.
Interesting note. I just watched the reply and the announcers said he left China when he was 13 years old and has been in the US ever since.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:57 pm Much better performance than expected. Much better crowd than expected too. I'd put it at around 2,800. Actually had a good sized group of students in the visitors end zone seats right behind the goal. The sideline student section was full and stayed so for the second half. FSU brought a nice contingent.

Good outing by Zhang. Hopefully he can deliver like that nightly. The other freshman contributed. Was surprised at Woods misses at the FT line. MD said postgame that he hits at 90% in practice. I know we'll be better off when Embo gets back but he's average at best. A lot of emphasis in recruiting has to be on that position. Cornish continues to be a disappointment and a turnover machine.

Happy for Jerald. People stayed in the stands at halftime for his presentation. He looked really happy. I'm sure he gave the team a good talk before the game. Good line of people to get his autograph after the ceremony. The shirts they gave out were nice.
+1
Play good teams and the crowds will come out. Good timing also. The students are still around before leaving for the Thanksgiving break and holidays.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 am
ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am
Interesting note. I just watched the reply and the announcers said he left China when he was 13 years old and has been in the US ever since.
Zhang's Mom played on Chines WBB national team and they took silver at the Olympics one year. Mom brought young Kevin to the States for his future in USA BB at 13. He turned down UCLA offer to opt for Tulane.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !