If you want more fans in the stands

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
riverparish_greenie
Ripple

I just want to say that if Tulane wants more fans in the stands.....Don't charge 50 bucks per ticket in the family section. Winning will bring more fans but charging 50 bucks for the cheap seats will keep people away. I know today was homecoming but come on man. I wanted to take my kids and some of their friends but I would have paid over 500 dollars for tickets. I grew up a fan and I have had season tickets for years but because of work schedule no season tickets the last few years. 50 per ticket come on Tulane not all of us are doctors, lawyers and politicians. :roll:

msdos
Swell

They’ve done some wide shots of the stadium. There’s a lot of unsold tickets by the look of it
riverparish_greenie
Ripple

msdos wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 pm They’ve done some wide shots of the stadium. There’s a lot of unsold tickets by the look of it
Well I know there could have been 10 more people there but on at 500 dollars before food, parking and a trip to the gift shop.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

I agree. It’s five of us. This is my first year I did not re new. I was waiting for the team to improve its play to go to a game.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Strongly Agree. Offer some family packs or $25 tix in the end zone for homecoming
sader24
Tsunami

I didn’t go today specifically because of the ticket prices for today. Jacking up prices for anyone but a major draw opponent is ridiculous. $200+ for 4 of us, UBer, food and drinks etc. watching at home.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Way back in the summer I asked "what's up with the $50 ECU tickets?" The response was "That's Homecoming." I immediately said "way to try to rape your alumni." How'd that work out, Troy?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
oliveandblue
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:07 pm Way back in the summer I asked "what's up with the $50 ECU tickets?" The response was "That's Homecoming." I immediately said "way to try to rape your alumni." How'd that work out, Troy?
$50 isn't really a lot of money for FB tickets. With that said, they are not in a normal position where you can increase prices. You have a fanbase that has been burned.
riverparish_greenie
Ripple

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:10 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:07 pm Way back in the summer I asked "what's up with the $50 ECU tickets?" The response was "That's Homecoming." I immediately said "way to try to rape your alumni." How'd that work out, Troy?
$50 isn't really a lot of money for FB tickets. With that said, they are not in a normal position where you can increase prices. You have a fanbase that has been burned.
It is a lot when Tulane needs to build a bridge for potential fans to cross. Two bowl games since 1998 and programs that fail to compete this includes baseball and basketball. I will say this as a fan for over 30 years sometimes i wish my father would not have brought me to games starting in the mid 80s. Now that last statement is only a joke. I think it is anyway lol
Dave breslin
Swell

Cart before the horse. Win —-then charge a price that’s fair
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:26 pm Cart before the horse. Win —-then charge a price that’s fair
And get into the ACC when realignment comes in 23/24, or before . Or settle for the Big 12 ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
AugWave
Swell

I agree with everything in this thread. Once I found out it was $50/ticket, there was no discussion. Those ticket prices need to be super affordable for everyone until we prove we can consistently be competitive and win some games.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

And if you decide to pay the $50 or more for a ticket, you’ll also get to stand in concession lines for a large part of the game. Yulman has to have the most inefficient concession operation I’ve ever seen. Too few concession workers, all of whom move like snails. With Willie’s time eating Scrum Ball, you can easily miss half a quarter on any trip to the concession stand.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Houma de Wave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 am And if you decide to pay the $50 or more for a ticket, you’ll also get to stand in concession lines for a large part of the game. Yulman has to have the most inefficient concession operation I’ve ever seen. Too few concession workers, all of whom move like snails. With Willie’s time eating Scrum Ball, you can easily miss half a quarter on any trip to the concession stand.
I guess it depends where you’re sitting. I had no problems with concession lines in the Westfeldt. I missed one play while I was “in the can.”
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 am
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 am And if you decide to pay the $50 or more for a ticket, you’ll also get to stand in concession lines for a large part of the game. Yulman has to have the most inefficient concession operation I’ve ever seen. Too few concession workers, all of whom move like snails. With Willie’s time eating Scrum Ball, you can easily miss half a quarter on any trip to the concession stand.
I guess it depends where you’re sitting. I had no problems with concession lines in the Westfeldt. I missed one play while I was “in the can.”
I was in the Westfield Club. The north end concession was a disaster most of the game. The lines did lessen once people started leaving the game as it got colder. At which time the concession promptly ran out of hot coffee.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

$5 tickets are being offered for the Navy game on Nov 24th.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like Dannen's getting the message.
https://twitter.com/TU_Dannen/status/10 ... 1349833731
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from duh Hater
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !