Wave Beats ECU 24-18

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:16 pm And I Agree with your observations
This is an interesting game. ECU's strengths/weaknesses kind of match up against ours. Good thing they can't run the ball. McM is doing great taking what the D is giving.

Looks like the $50 tickets backfired, there's PLENTY of empty seats. Homecoming. That's what you get for trying to rape the alumni when the wins haven't been there. The same thing will happen with seat licenses.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
torbida
Surge

Seems like eveytime things are going forward....something happens to screw it up drop price for homecoming 20-25 dollars fill up stadium create exciting home field advantage for players fans....how hard is this to do?
torbida
Surge

msdos wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm ECU’s quarterback is easily the worst I’ve seen in years.
Announcers spent time drooling about him being tebow like and apparently refs think so too protecting from from being touched ejecting Patrick Johnson...Ahlers a big boy getting bubble boy care
oliveandblue
Surge

torbida wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:37 pm Seems like eveytime things are going forward....something happens to screw it up drop price for homecoming 20-25 dollars fill up stadium create exciting home field advantage for players fans....how hard is this to do?
Crowd looked ok in the first half. Everyone got bored and left.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Instead of putting ECU away has ruse been busy sleeping n the second half ? Did someone wake him up when ECU finally scored? This is not McM’s fault at all he’s done a good job
oliveandblue
Surge

That FG is like the worst thing in the world. I smell 25-24.
greenphantom
Swell

We are clearly going to lose this game. No killer instinct. SMU 2.0
torbida
Surge

Here we go again .....unbelievable ....defense gonna have to make it happen which isnt fair theyve played like champs
torbida
Surge

Come on offense its there ....finish👿👿👿👿👿
oliveandblue
Surge

The WR could have won the game there. Freshman mistake.
greenphantom
Swell

Valliem makes me want to take a Valium
oliveandblue
Surge

We lost a timeout because we had a player get injured.
greenphantom
Swell

Dodged a bullet. Played not to lose and it almost cost us.
Bigschtick
Riptide

The usual boring, crappy team showed for homecoming. Way to go to get the casual fan interested in the program.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wave97
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 pm
torbida wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:37 pm Seems like eveytime things are going forward....something happens to screw it up drop price for homecoming 20-25 dollars fill up stadium create exciting home field advantage for players fans....how hard is this to do?
Crowd looked ok in the first half. Everyone got bored and left.
+1
oliveandblue
Surge

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 pm The usual boring, crappy team showed for homecoming. Way to go to get the casual fan interested in the program.
535 yards of offense, and 372 through the air.

Were we dour and cynical? Yes.

Remember what this nightmare used to be. We used to lose this by 2-3 TDs+. We're still feeling the effects of it as a program. You win more now to heal the fanbase that will appear in 10 years from now.
Wave755
Tsunami

ECU quarterback Ahlers threw 67 passes completing 21 for 360 yards.

As for since the first game against Wake Forest to present, critical drops by our wide receivers are killing us.

Surprised we only rushed for 163 yards? McMillan was 12/28 for 372 yards and 3 tds! :D
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:11 pm . As for since the first game against Wake Forest to present, critical drops by our wide receivers are killing us.
This is true. Both of our last two possessions ended when a WR dropped a pass that would have given us another first. Both were easy catches. That's not on McMillan.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

Bring back CJ and Tanner Lee!
torbida
Surge

Great win by defense that wouldnt quit.....I kept thinking smu 2.o and 83 rams vs saints (game 16) finish but glad they fixed those doubts.Houston losing to Temple really sets up a improbable run but wrs gotta make those crucial catches.....no let up!!!! Roll Wave
Wave755
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:30 pm Bring back CJ and Tanner Lee!

And, I miss “Buffet Bob”! :lol:
Wave755
Tsunami

Final:

Temple 59
Houston 49

Roll Wave Roll!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:42 pm Can't take a joke? That's ok, I got a chuckle, almost as much as I do when you express an opinion.

Shouldn't you be enjoying a glorious fall day on campus? Who is obsessed? I just came in from the park with my boys, and am getting ready for the Wave game. You're on a damned Internet bulletin board posting up and down about other peoples' obsessions (or what you mistakenly THINK they may be).

Here's a quote for you:
BE SOFT
Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that, even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.

Kurt Vonnegaut.

ROLL WAVE!
I can take a joke. I always take you. :lol: The time stamp here is an hour off. LOL. It takes no time to get to the stadium from my house. Once again you flat out lie to protect your narrative. Only posted that here once to you.

You'd be wise to take to heart what you quoted. Deal with your demons. My pity to you and more importantly to your family. May they not end up as miserable as you.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As noted thank goodness for the D. We were already down Sample and then lost Johnson yet they kept after it. Kudos to them. Offensively we were boring as usual but threw enough to keep them from knowing what was coming. The receivers deserve credit for turning relatively short passes into long TD's. McMillan was less than 50% and is for the season. He's clearly not the answer. Hopefully Howard will be.

One more time of a bad football team beating another football team. Fortunately that's what's left on the schedule.

As for the price I hope they raise them to a $1,000,000 next year. They weren't there to see the game. They were constantly in the aisle clueless that others were trying to watch. Looked completely lost even though it's as easy as can be to navigate the tiny thing. When people would tell them to move they had this puzzled look as to what the problem was. You could tell they were Tulanians. Let them go do community service. Leave the football to us reral fans.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 pm As noted thank goodness for the D. We were already down Sample and then lost Johnson yet they kept after it. Kudos to them. Offensively we were boring as usual but threw enough to keep them from knowing what was coming. The receivers deserve credit for turning relatively short passes into long TD's. McMillan was less than 50% and is for the season. He's clearly not the answer. Hopefully Howard will be.

One more time of a bad football team beating another football team. Fortunately that's what's left on the schedule.

As for the price I hope they raise them to a $1,000,000 next year. They weren't there to see the game. They were constantly in the aisle clueless that others were trying to watch. Looked completely lost even though it's as easy as can be to navigate the tiny thing. When people would tell them to move they had this puzzled look as to what the problem was. You could tell they were Tulanians. Let them go do community service. Leave the football to us reral fans.
You stink.