Wave Beats ECU 24-18

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:14 am
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 pm As noted thank goodness for the D. We were already down Sample and then lost Johnson yet they kept after it. Kudos to them. Offensively we were boring as usual but threw enough to keep them from knowing what was coming. The receivers deserve credit for turning relatively short passes into long TD's. McMillan was less than 50% and is for the season. He's clearly not the answer. Hopefully Howard will be.

One more time of a bad football team beating another football team. Fortunately that's what's left on the schedule.

As for the price I hope they raise them to a $1,000,000 next year. They weren't there to see the game. They were constantly in the aisle clueless that others were trying to watch. Looked completely lost even though it's as easy as can be to navigate the tiny thing. When people would tell them to move they had this puzzled look as to what the problem was. You could tell they were Tulanians. Let them go do community service. Leave the football to us reral fans.
You stink.
You can't handle the truth.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:24 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:42 pm Can't take a joke? That's ok, I got a chuckle, almost as much as I do when you express an opinion.

Shouldn't you be enjoying a glorious fall day on campus? Who is obsessed? I just came in from the park with my boys, and am getting ready for the Wave game. You're on a damned Internet bulletin board posting up and down about other peoples' obsessions (or what you mistakenly THINK they may be).

Here's a quote for you:
BE SOFT
Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that, even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.

Kurt Vonnegaut.

ROLL WAVE!
I can take a joke. I always take you. :lol: The time stamp here is an hour off. LOL. It takes no time to get to the stadium from my house. Once again you flat out lie to protect your narrative. Only posted that here once to you.

You'd be wise to take to heart what you quoted. Deal with your demons. My pity to you and more importantly to your family. May they not end up as miserable as you.
Again, Lucy, there you go with your 10 cent psychoanalysis. May your poor family not be as stupid as you are. You've admitted you couldn't get into Tulane. You display why regularly.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Poor bitter D. My sympathies to your family. I never said I couldn't get in. Just simply couldn't afford it.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:37 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:14 am
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 pm As noted thank goodness for the D. We were already down Sample and then lost Johnson yet they kept after it. Kudos to them. Offensively we were boring as usual but threw enough to keep them from knowing what was coming. The receivers deserve credit for turning relatively short passes into long TD's. McMillan was less than 50% and is for the season. He's clearly not the answer. Hopefully Howard will be.

One more time of a bad football team beating another football team. Fortunately that's what's left on the schedule.

As for the price I hope they raise them to a $1,000,000 next year. They weren't there to see the game. They were constantly in the aisle clueless that others were trying to watch. Looked completely lost even though it's as easy as can be to navigate the tiny thing. When people would tell them to move they had this puzzled look as to what the problem was. You could tell they were Tulanians. Let them go do community service. Leave the football to us reral fans.
You stink.
You can't handle the truth.
You stink.
capwave
High Tide

I’m not saying McMillan is the answer, but he was pretty damn good today. Anyone who complains about his less than 50% completion percentage was not watching the game. The receivers dropped so many passes it was maddening! Yes, he had a few bad passes, but he had many more easy catches that were dropped. Had they caught those balls his numbers would have been 19 for 28 for over 370 yards with 3 TDs and no int’s. That is good!
capwave
High Tide

capwave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:21 am I’m not saying McMillan is the answer, but he was pretty damn good today. Anyone who complains about his less than 50% completion percentage was not watching the game. The receivers dropped so many passes it was maddening! Yes, he had a few bad passes, but he had many more easy catches that were dropped. Had they caught those balls his numbers would have been 19 for 28 for over 370 yards with 3 TDs and no int’s. That is good!
Sorry, I missed the extra yardage if those catches were to get made. He would have thrown for over 415 yards, at least. For anyone to say “he is not the answer” after yesterday’s performance is just very confusing. Yes, the jury is still out on him, but he seems to be getting better every week. Also, let’s not forget this guy didn’t go through spring, summer or fall practices with the team.
Wave755
Tsunami

Yep, McMillan didn’t join the team until late August and yesterday was only his 3rd start. And already, just as for Banks as well, our wide receivers have now dropped a number of perfect passes he has thrown that could have been game changers.

Yet, we are now 3-0 for McMillan as starting qb. :D
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:25 am Yep, McMillan didn’t join the team until late August and yesterday was only his 3rd start. And already, just as for Banks as well, our wide receivers have now dropped a number of perfect passes he has thrown that could have been game changers.

Clearly, he runs the offense better than Banks does. But he also made some downright ugly throws. He made some nice ones as well, but I'd have to say he's at best an average D1 QB from a throwing perspective.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 am
Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:25 am Yep, McMillan didn’t join the team until late August and yesterday was only his 3rd start. And already, just as for Banks as well, our wide receivers have now dropped a number of perfect passes he has thrown that could have been game changers.

Clearly, he runs the offense better than Banks does. But he also made some downright ugly throws. He made some nice ones as well, but I'd have to say he's at best an average D1 QB from a throwing perspective.
This is true. But would you rather he throw 46 incompletions like the guy from ECU did? 21-67. Anyway, there were a few bad throws by McMillan, but a lot more were on the money and just dropped. Example: our last two drives both ended on third down passes that were just flat out dropped. Both receivers were wide open and would have gotten the first easily. Also, there were a couple of more slants that were dropped as well, one which likely would have been a fourth TD pass. I mean, he's no Tua, but everyone seems to want to hold McMillan to Drew Brees-like expectations. 372 yds, no picks, three TDs, and three wins in three weeks.

Even when we win people are never happy. Wake up! We're TIED for FIRST in our division with only two games left. Win those, and have Memphis beat SMU next Friday, and we're AAC West Champs.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Willie, why do you have plays snapped with more than ten seconds on the play clock with three minutes and less remaining on the game clock with us ahead by only six ?

BAD COACHING, BAD GAME MANAGEMENT ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .