Wave Beats ECU 24-18

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

Just to brighten everyone's day, I am including the Bleacher Report's prediction:
East Carolina (2-6) at Tulane (4-5), 4 p.m. ET

Tulane's results are tied to the success of its running game. The Green Wave are 4-0 when tallying five-plus yards per carry compared to 0-5 below the mark. East Carolina's defense averages the third-most tackles for loss in the country, so this is a bad matchup for Tulane despite its home-field advantage.

Prediction: East Carolina 27, Tulane 22
GreenLantern
Riptide

First fall weather day in NOLA. On the north shore it's sunny and clear, temp in the low 50s with strong wind gusts. It's a great day to be alive and to be going to an afternoon football game.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Good luck to the Green Wave and hoping for a good fan turnout.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
GreenLantern
Riptide

I know I always complain about getting bizarre banner ads on the gotula.net site, but what's up with the raw meat jackets? Is there a message here that we're dead meat? That I'm suspected of Hannibal Lecter behavior? At least the Russian bride ads were easy on the eyes. Any one else getting these?

Bigschtick
Riptide

Good way to get shot by some lunatic. Yes, i saw it too on the site.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I was actually going to ask the same thing!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

That's winwave, he wasn't happy in his own skin.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The obsession continues. Just can't let go.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Can't take a joke? That's ok, I got a chuckle, almost as much as I do when you express an opinion.

Shouldn't you be enjoying a glorious fall day on campus? Who is obsessed? I just came in from the park with my boys, and am getting ready for the Wave game. You're on a damned Internet bulletin board posting up and down about other peoples' obsessions (or what you mistakenly THINK they may be).

Here's a quote for you:
BE SOFT
Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that, even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.

Kurt Vonnegaut.

ROLL WAVE!
Bigschtick
Riptide

4th and one and we can't make a yard!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Up the middle, up the middle ad naseum!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:12 pm 4th and one and we can't make a yard!
And a horrible play called. Bradwell would have been better under center and pushing the pile.

The ECU strength is their D line, which is very highly ranked in tackles for losses. We need to test the perimeter more often, and throw enough to keep them honest. Let's face it, running the ball is why that play went for a TD. It was only about 9 yards downfield, and there was nobody after the first tackler between Mooney and the goal line.
msdos
Swell

ECU’s quarterback is easily the worst I’ve seen in years.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

How about Special Teams coach recognizing that the placekicker is punting, and moving our return man up 10 yards? That's twice we've given up 15+ yards of field position because we didn't catch the punt, which took a great ECU bounce both times.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm ECU’s quarterback is easily the worst I’ve seen in years.
I don't think it's any worse than our QB play. Despite two long TD's, McM is far from accurate.
wave97
Swell

Can I shoot myself already?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think mcm has been accurate and made good decisions (very few mistakes). Playcall has been too conservative. He has had several drops and maybe has thrown it too hard at times (I still put it on the receivers). Keep throwing slants ! Throw some screens! More passes to the TE’s !

These ECU punts have been insane
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:45 pm I think mcm has been accurate and made good decisions (very few mistakes). Playcall has been too conservative. He has had several drops and maybe has thrown it too hard at times (I still put it on the receivers). Keep throwing slants ! Throw some screens! More passes to the TE’s !

These ECU punts have been insane
Catch the punts, even fair catch as we did 2 of the last 3, and the punts are nothing special. The bounces are killing us from the backup punter, their placekicker.

He's thrown some horrible passes, some that were catchable but not caught, and hit a couple of huge slants. He's accurate enough to keep the D honest. This is a tough matchup, since ECU has a very good and aggressive D line that is in the top 10 in tackles for losses, and we're having a tough time getting the running game going. The play calling reflects that, but the three times we threw (or tried to) on both first and second down, we ended up with 3rd and 11+, which is not our forte.

I agree he makes better decisions and quicker than Banks, which is helping us big time. But we need some long drives. We've yet to see him pull it out of the RB's belly and go for his typical 30+ yards! But I think he's doing a pretty good job as a game manager.

We need to test the perimeter more with the run, pitch and short pass game. Running up the gut is getting us nothing. The D has been outstanding, save for one big play.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WOW, nice pitch and catch right there from McM to Mooney! TOUCHDOWN WAVE!!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

🍾🥂 boom!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

And I Agree with your observations
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

21-10 and Tulane getting the ball back in decent field position. Let’s crush their spirit and score here