Wave Wallops USF 41-15

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetime
Swell

Kudos to everyone on the team and the staff. But a big shout out to both Lines!!! They dominated!!!

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Massive win. Bowl hopes are resurrected.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Wave 41, USF 15

And, on the road too!!!!!!

Roll Wave Roll!!!! :megagrin: :megagrin: :megagrin:
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to Tulane. Great win.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:20 pm Just remember, we have a full half to play, and USF can score quickly.
Not today!
Absolutely, win-- our "D" was on it today.
Houma de Wave
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm I don't get it. We're driving the stake into the enemy instead of waiting for them to rally so we can win by 5-6.
Sorry, O&B, this was a BS statement. Trust your defense. And your offense scored twice in the 2nd frame to seal the deal.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Our defensive line was dominant today. And with mostly FR and SOs, we're looking good there. Solid play from a number of other young kids in the secondary, including Jaylon Monroe, Willie Langham, and Tirese Barge.

Solid game in all three phases, today. Not sure when the last time we had a game like that. If they can play like this the last 3 games, we should go bowling.

Quick note. I know winning is all that ultimaely matters, but they mentioned something on the broadcast today that we need to keep in mind. Fritz is 13-20 now in 2+ seasons. TEN of those 20 losses are by a TD or less. This season alone we could easily be 6-2. We're close, guys, we're close.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:57 pm We still have time to choke.
Give me and this team a f#ckin break! Fritz had Strong so outcoached in this game it wasn't even funny!
Wave755
Tsunami

And, did you notice Bradwell rushed for 134 and Dauphine 120!!!

Roll Wave Roll !!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:29 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm I don't get it. We're driving the stake into the enemy instead of waiting for them to rally so we can win by 5-6.
Sorry, O&B, this was a BS statement. Trust your defense. And your offense scored twice in the 2nd frame to seal the deal.
I think you missed his point, Houma. He was being sarcastic. Re-read what he said. He say we're driving the stake into the enemy, INSTEAD of waiting for them to rally, meaning its different than in previous games.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

ECU for homecoming next week and we should be a double-digit favorite. We need to deliver the goods. We need a good crowd!!!
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:32 pm
Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:29 pm
I think you missed his point, Houma. He was being sarcastic. Re-read what he said. He say we're driving the stake into the enemy, INSTEAD of waiting for them to rally, meaning its different than in previous games.
THANK YOU, ROBERT. I think I had one too many Octoberfests in November here. I'm so tired of the negative sh*tt on this site. I'm glad we won big, but I've been behind Fritz and most of his staff for all of this season. I think we've turned the corner. But, I also hope Sample and Kennedy can come back and help this defensive line. Still, freshman Davon Wright stepped up as well as a host of others on our "D." South Florida was not good on defense, but came in renowned for the "O."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well that was certainly fun. Broke that Florida losing streak. Back to back road wins for first time since 2007 or something like that. Also that was the first time we played USF there. As noted above we did well in all three phases. Homecoming will be fun.

BTW, wonder where Strong will be coaching next?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:41 pm Well that was certainly fun. Broke that Florida losing streak. Back to back road wins for first time since 2007 or something like that. Also that was the first time we played USF there. As noted above we did well in all three phases. Homecoming will be fun.

BTW, wonder where Strong will be coaching next?
I think its our first win ever against them. Also, I think they said it was our first back to back 300+ yard rushing games since 1996?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Win today keeps bowl hopes alive. Need not to blow it again with ECU for Homecoming.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

After the loss to SMU, I didn't really see us beating either USF or Htn, which we needed to do. Winning the last two road games now puts us back on track, and we just need to win our home games. Navy looked horrible today vs Cincinnati.losing 42-0.
Show Me
Tsunami

Easy to see why things are heading in the right direction. McMillan at QB has been a huge improvement and the defense has played well.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 pm Win today keeps bowl hopes alive. Need not to blow it again with ECU for Homecoming.
And, happy to report Navy lost today to Cincinnati 42 to 0. :megagrin:
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 pm Easy to see why things are heading in the right direction. McMillan at QB has been a huge improvement and the defense has played well.
We're back to running an offense more like what we did in 2016 and the first half of 2017. McMillan was only 4/11 today, for 61 yards.

Defense has been much better than expected, especially with so many young guys playing. They've pretty much kept us in every game except Ohio State.
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm Tip of the hat to everyone who saw this coming. I sure didn’t.
Then, tip your hat to Vegas, betonline had the spread USF 5.5 pts. > Wave @ kick-off.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:05 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 pm Easy to see why things are heading in the right direction. McMillan at QB has been a huge improvement and the defense has played well.
We're back to running an offense more like what we did in 2016 and the first half of 2017. McMillan was only 4/11 today, for 61 yards.

Defense has been much better than expected, especially with so many young guys playing. They've pretty much kept us in every game except Ohio State.
Yep. Plus he's getting to give it to Dauphine rather than Huderson.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
torbida
Surge

Glad I made the trip both sides. didnt let up now on to east carolina
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Exactly. The QB is running the offense and not trying to do too much like Banks did. His reads are much better than Banks. All we need is QB not a hero.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I agree. Game manager. However, I would like to see a QB with the ability to be accurate most of the time of slants and outs.
RobertM320
Green Wave

By the way, we're currently SECOND in the AAC West, at 3-2, pending the outcome of the SMU-HTN game. SMU leading there at the half, 31-14. Its actually conceivable that if we were to win out and SMU lose once more after beating Htn, we'd be the AAC West champs!

A guy can dream, right?

Now you realize exactly how much blowing that SMU game cost us. We could actually be tied for first.