Can we just be a basketball school now?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
oliveandblue
Surge

I'll take 2-10 in football if I can just see a NIT/bubble level basketball team. It's clear that football isn't going to be the ticket for this school anymore.

Pepper
Swell

Think what we could have accomplished if we hadn't built the stupid stadium. Could have had 1st class basketball arena.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 pm Think what we could have accomplished if we hadn't built the stupid stadium. Could have had 1st class basketball arena.
that no one came to...hell. Tulane is now inept in all sports....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
BC Wave
Swell

We’re now a
Basketball,
Err women’s basketball,
Err baseball,
Err women’s golf
Err men’s tennis
That’s it,
We’re now a men’s tennis school!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 pm Think what we could have accomplished if we hadn't built the stupid stadium. Could have had 1st class basketball arena.
And in addition to the new Arena we could have had a football ops. building and a indoor practice facility instead of the POSS.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

we are further from being a. basketball school then a football school. as bad as WF has been, MD has been exponentially worse. and now we can advertise to potential coaches that not even an NBA coach of the year can have success here. That's assuming TD has the balls to make a change. i could see 5+ years of MD led losing seasons.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

netshorty wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am we are further from being a. basketball school then a football school. as bad as WF has been, MD has been exponentially worse. and now we can advertise to potential coaches that not even an NBA coach of the year can have success here. That's assuming TD has the balls to make a change. i could see 5+ years of MD led losing seasons.
TD ain't changing jack krap..... The krap you see, is the krap we will continue to see and smell
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

With a HS gym we'll never be a basketball school.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

No- never an option. We're in the south, which is football country. Plus, there is no viable non-football league.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 pm No- never an option. We're in the south, which is football country. Plus, there is no viable non-football league.
is the Big East an option, if we change the name to "Holy Name of Tulane"
oliveandblue
Surge

DrBox wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 pm No- never an option. We're in the south, which is football country. Plus, there is no viable non-football league.
I didn't mean drop football. Kansas and Kentucky still have football teams.

We're also not a southern school in the slightest. It's a national student body with rather significant northeastern elements. Good college basketball would sell here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:19 pm
I didn't mean drop football. Kansas and Kentucky still have football teams.

We're also not a southern school in the slightest. It's a national student body with rather significant northeastern elements. Good college basketball would sell here.
last I checked, Kentucky was in the football top 25