Fritz and staff lose the clown show 27-23

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 am On top of all the other mistakes the tailgating is pathetic. The decision to separate the students from the LBC quad was just stupid. Both quads dead. If joined together there would at least be some feel to it.
Tulane never ever does much of anything right! Incompetent idiots!

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
sader24
Tsunami

It’s over. Proceed accordingly.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Turn out the lights...the party's over........Yulman to be the next outdoor Ice skating Venue in metro NOLA as Tulane introduces Ice Hockey as their next sponsored Sport......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:24 pm Turn out the lights...the party's over........Yulman to be the next outdoor Ice skating Venue in metro NOLA as Tulane introduces Ice Hockey as their next sponsored Sport......
Unfortunately hockey has been dropped. Cool uni's and they beat lswho.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:24 pm Turn out the lights...the party's over........Yulman to be the next outdoor Ice skating Venue in metro NOLA as Tulane introduces Ice Hockey as their next sponsored Sport......
Unfortunately hockey has been dropped. Cool uni's and they beat lswho.
We could bring it back. I think it could catch on.
Wave755
Tsunami

The only thing that gives hope is Michael Fitts pays WF 1.5 million a year for this mess. Cowen hired Scelfo @ $350k a year, Toledo @ $450k a year & CJ @ about $625k a year. We now pay a div. 1 salary and recruit to the NCAA minimum standards like everyone else. When we picked WF we knew he was going to try to run a different kind of offense. His offense and offensive philosophy don’t work at this level, the Sunbelt is much closer to FCS than G5.

The AAC will not threaten to “kick us out of the conference” like the Big East threatened to do with Temple. The NFL didn’t “kick out” the Saints during the Mike Ditka Era (error?). From the AAC perspective we now pay a div. 1 salary and have invested $100 million in football and may simply have made a hiring mistake in WF.

WF will get one more year whether any of us like it or not. If he makes no change @ OC year 4 will be his last at Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm The only thing that gives hope is Michael Fitts pays WF 1.5 million a year for this mess. Cowen hired Scelfo @ $350k a year, Toledo @ $450k a year & CJ @ about $625k a year. We now pay a div. 1 salary and recruit to the NCAA minimum standards like everyone else. When we picked WF we knew he was going to try to run a different kind of offense. His offense and offensive philosophy don’t work at this level, the Sunbelt is much closer to FCS than G5.

The AAC will not threaten to “kick us out of the conference” like the Big East threatened to do with Temple. The NFL didn’t “kick out” the Saints during the Mike Ditka Era (error?). From the AAC perspective we now pay a div. 1 salary and have invested $100 million in football and may simply have made a hiring mistake in WF.

WF will get one more year whether any of us like it or not. If he makes no change @ OC year 4 will be his last at Tulane.
make no mistake Temple was shown the door by the Big East

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Owls_football

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/395 ... ds-rutgers

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/03/spor ... -east.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm His offense and offensive philosophy don’t work at this level, the Sunbelt is much closer to FCS than G5.
Bullshit. Don't know why some of you guys keep hammering Sunbelt football. That's not going to fix your problems.

Yeah, the AAC is a cut above the rest of the G5, and the Mountain West generally follows not far behind, but on any given day the Belt, MAC, and C-USA all look much the same. App took Penn State to the wire this year, and they're ranked #25 today, Troy beat Nebraska this year (yes, I know, everyone's beating Nebraska, but still) ,and a ranked LSU last year at the Red Shaft, Coastal Carolina thrashed UAB who turned right around and beat Tulane.

The problem with Fritz is not that he was a Sunbelt coach or that his offensive schemes are Sunbelt schemes. Do you think guys like Scott Satterfield or Neal Brown couldn't compete at the AAC level with their offensive and defensive schemes?

Fritz's problem is that he's no longer hungry. I believe he quit being hungry the day he signed the contract with Tulane. He's reached his peak, and he's fine with that, Fritz believes this is his last head coaching job (and by all accounts he'd be right), believes he's doing enough to keep TPTB at Tulane happy (recent contract extension as proof) and is on auto-cruise and not worried about getting canned.. "He's rebuilding a program", and probably believes that Dannen will give him at least 5 or 6 years to do it. That's a bullshit attitude in today's competitive college athletic environment. You guys deserve better and need to demand better.

And when the day comes to part comany with Fritz, if his son is still on board the staff, watch him carefully because he'll do what he can to sabotage your program on his way out the door. He's done it before.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
msdos
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:36 pm
And when the day comes to part comany with Fritz, if his son is still on board the staff, watch him carefully because he'll do what he can to sabotage your program on his way out the door. He's done it before.
Can you elaborate on this this is the first I hear of it?
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm The only thing that gives hope is Michael Fitts pays WF 1.5 million a year for this mess. Cowen hired Scelfo @ $350k a year, Toledo @ $450k a year & CJ @ about $625k a year. We now pay a div. 1 salary and recruit to the NCAA minimum standards like everyone else. When we picked WF we knew he was going to try to run a different kind of offense. His offense and offensive philosophy don’t work at this level, the Sunbelt is much closer to FCS than G5.

Well ‘nut, then maybe for this year in addition to Tulane the AAC should consider booting out as well Tulsa, Memphis, Navy, UCONN & East Carolina? :?:
Profoundwizard
Swell

msdos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:02 pm
I’d like to hear that too, the only thing I see on his résumé is coaching with his dad at Ga Southern and he came to Tulane the same year as his dad.
Either way I’d be surprised if a new coach came in and kept the last guy’s son.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm
msdos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:02 pm
I’d like to hear that too, the only thing I see on his résumé is coaching with his dad at Ga Southern and he came to Tulane the same year as his dad.
Either way I’d be surprised if a new coach came in and kept the last guy’s son.

It was talked about on the Belt forum at the time of the Fritz hire and I mentioned it here but was basically told to fark off that it was only sour grapes on the part of Ga Southern fans.

I'll PM both you guys with the details as I recall them. If he's still on staff, then he'd certainly hit the road at the same time pops was released from his head coaching duties.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Well ‘nut, then maybe for this year in addition to Tulane the AAC should consider booting out as well Tulsa, Memphis, Navy, UCONN & East Carolina? :?:
[/quote
U must not have read all of my post regarding Tulsa, Tulane and Rice...Navy, UConn and Memphis are not going anywhere based on past success
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

was watching Dallas / Washington...even the Redskins run the option better than Tulane
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Correct Conference for Tulane

The SAPPS Conference....Southern Association Private Parochial Schools...... schools included
Liberty .Tulsa....Rice...Tulane....Incarnate Word......Houston Baptist....Dallas Baptist....Oral Roberts....Centenary......Milsaps......Texas Lutheran......Spring Hill.....
cajunfanatico
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:41 pm The Correct Conference for Tulane

The SAPPS Conference....Southern Association Private Parochial Schools...... schools included
Liberty .Tulsa....Rice...Tulane....Incarnate Word......Houston Baptist....Dallas Baptist....Oral Roberts....Centenary......Milsaps......Texas Lutheran......Spring Hill.....
LOL, you should do stand-up, golfnut.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Yes, ‘nut is a real clown.
Jaxwave
Swell

I would bet that in a short period of time Tulane athletics would gravitate to the bottom of that conference too.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a musical tribute

wave97
Swell

The Magnolia League is alive and well!
We can continue to recruit Eagle Scouts who play in front of three thousand listless fans.
Milquetoast mediocrity reigns supreme at Tulane.
Rufus Harris Sr. is dancing in his grave.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 pm

I spoke with my agent regarding available bookings and venues, he called back to infoirm me the "Willie Fritz Traveling Coaching Clown Show" had booked all available sites.I understand that Fritz, not wanting offend anyone, the always non offensive Ruse, will be a special guest
IM42lane
Swell

Willie Fritz will end up 2018 with 3 straight LOSING seasons. He still got an extension to his contract nonetheless.
It more and more to me like Teevens & Toledo around here . Why does this situation continue to rear its ugly head yet again?

I do not see anything different from Dunleavy and Jewitt.

When Tulane puts consistent WINNERS on the field, then I will come back. Otherwise, I will just watch from afar and hold onto my fixed income (retirement).

I also wish that the athletic department would quit sending me Dannon's latest gimmicks about priority seating. I am not coming back until Tulane starts WINNING again.

Adios until then.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm The AAC will not threaten to “kick us out of the conference” like the Big East threatened to do with Temple. The NFL didn’t “kick out” the Saints during the Mike Ditka Era (error?). From the AAC perspective we now pay a div. 1 salary and have invested $100 million in football and may simply have made a hiring mistake in WF.
If realignment occurs again, Tulane honestly could be in trouble. With the AAC establishing itself as the dominant G5 conference with a significant (but likely still relatively irrelevant) media rights deal on the horizon, other decent non-P5 teams may want to leave their conferences and come to the AAC. If that happens and it results in the slots in the AAC becoming much more valuable, Tulane could be in trouble if keeping Tulane would mean keeping out Boise State, SDSU, BYU or other similar schools.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm His offense and offensive philosophy don’t work at this level, the Sunbelt is much closer to FCS than G5.
Bullshit. Don't know why some of you guys keep hammering Sunbelt football. That's not going to fix your problems.
The Sunbelt - Appy State, Troy and "Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks!"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:53 pm
The Sunbelt - Appy State, Troy and "Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks!"
Troy beat Nebraska...and Appy beat the Univeristry of Louisiana...