Fritz and staff lose the clown show 27-23

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm It’s impossible to excuse this loss.
We had an extra week to prepare.
We were at home and a TD favorite.
We were playing for revenge from last season.
And we wore the unbeaten helmets.

We continue to regress as the season progresses. This is alarming. Next year is not looking any better. We are not going to win at this level running this offense.
Changes are needed.
+1, I have never seen an angrier Tulane crowd leaving a football game, all 5,000 of us. The Peter Principle proven again - I am now convinced WF has risen to his level of incompetence, head football coach in the AAC.

sader24
Tsunami

We hired a AD from a program that doesn’t have football bc we have disdain for big time football. We won’t hire an SEC asst ad bc we think we are better than the SEC as idiots on this forum have posted in recent days. We don’t know how to win Southern Football and never will. Think about it: We hired an AD to fix the football program from a school that didn’t have football. This school doesn’t want to win at football. I’m going be an LSU fan, have fun guys.
Show Me
Tsunami

sader24 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:28 pm We hired a AD from a program that doesn’t have football bc we have disdain for big time football. We won’t hire an SEC asst ad bc we think we are better than the SEC as idiots on this forum have posted in recent days. We don’t know how to win Southern Football and never will. Think about it: We hired an AD to fix the football program from a school that didn’t have football. This school doesn’t want to win at football. I’m going be an LSU fan, have fun guys.
Not sure about that
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/spor ... p-20181020
greenphantom
Swell

sader24 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:28 pm We hired a AD from a program that doesn’t have football bc we have disdain for big time football. We won’t hire an SEC asst ad bc we think we are better than the SEC as idiots on this forum have posted in recent days. We don’t know how to win Southern Football and never will. Think about it: We hired an AD to fix the football program from a school that didn’t have football. This school doesn’t want to win at football. I’m going be an LSU fan, have fun guys.
Northern Iowa has a good FCS football team and beat Iowa St a couple times and almost beat Iowa while Dannen was their AD.
Dave breslin
Swell

Wow, our AD came from a powerhouse football program. He doesn’t play on the field but apparently either do our retards. This is the shitiest athletic program In D1. They gave us bs before the season started but delivered an abortion for an offense. No different than Toledo and CJ. Maybe it’s something intrinsic at Tulane. The hole made by the previous holes who ran this may be too big to fill. Maybe we should just save face and shut this shit show down.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

What will the attendance look like at our remaining home games? 5,000 fans willing to watch this c_ap?
Dave breslin
Swell

Sunami, tell the truth. This is CRAP, not c-ap
Dave breslin
Swell

I wonder if there’s ever been a college game where No one attended. Apparently our Offensive coach hasn’t shown up for most games. Maybe he’s a narcoleptic during the game.
torbida
Surge

The best thing for Tulane is to get kicked out of the AAC like the big east did temple maybe then the athletic dept will get serious about being competitive.After getting booted out Temple got serious started being competitive but with the losers in charge it might not make a difference
winwave
Top of the WAVE

People tried to say WF won at every level so he'll win here. At those low levels there is no talent gap. So he played it safe and won. At this level there is a big talent difference and you need to play to win. You need to take chances. He and his staff on both sides have proven themselves incompetent. So much so we are back to having less than 2,000 at our games. But the geniuses swore all we had to do was play on campus and all the problems would be solved.

Any coach with a brain knows just throw the ball on us. There are many chunk plays to be made.

We still have complete morons that say just run the ball and we'll win. WE JUST LOST TO ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY AT HOME WHOM WE'RE FAVORED OVER BY 7 BECAUSE THE STAFF LISTENED TO YOUR IGNORANCE.

WE HAVE IGNORANT FANS BLAMING BANKS. DREW BREES COULDN'T WIN IN THIS OFFENSE BEHIND THIS LINE. HE WAS THE REASON WE WERE IN THE GAME.

TULAME ATHLETICS SUCK.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm It’s impossible to excuse this loss.
We had an extra week to prepare.
We were at home and a TD favorite.
We were playing for revenge from last season.
And we wore the unbeaten helmets.

We continue to regress as the season progresses. This is alarming. Next year is not looking any better. We are not going to win at this level running this offense.
Changes are needed.
Well said and do you think any of the recruits watching this train wreck with 100 fans in attendance will
have any interest in coming to Tulane, fughaboutit!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wave97
Swell

May I suggest: https://riceowls.com/index.aspx?path=football]
Do you think we can persuade Coach Orgeron? He's just a dumb coonass. He's not Head Coaching material.. blah blah blah
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:16 am
May I suggest: https://riceowls.com/index.aspx?path=football]
Rice, Tulane, Tulsa, SMU all need to drop football, they will never again be relevant at the FBS level. Rice has deep pockets, but the admission standards will always be an obstacle, SMU has money but what conference, other than the AAC or MTN West really needs them....all the rest just need to go quietly into that good night...I sent an e mail to TD requesting football be discontinued since it has become a disgrace on a national level, and voicing my concerns regarding the basketball and baseball programs... he responded by saying he would share my e mail with all Coaches...I also noted, Yulman could be rented out to High Schools and NORD to help with the Fritz buy out......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Can New Orleans attract a professional soccer franchise with Yul-never-win Stadium?
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
wave97
Swell

As far as Rice is concerned, Mike Bloomgren has attracted a good young staff which will be open to adapting an offensive scheme that will give him the Mac Brown three & out.
ajcalhoun
Swell

wave97 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 am Can New Orleans attract a professional soccer franchise with Yulman?
Yulman is not wide enough for a regulation soccer pitch.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 am
wave97 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 am Can New Orleans attract a professional soccer franchise with Yulman?
Yulman is not wide enough for a regulation soccer pitch.
remove the first few rows of seating on both sides of the field, it won't make that much of a difference, and then the NIMBY's would another issue to bitch about
sader24
Tsunami

I was wrong Dannen did oversee the mythical Northern Iowa football program. We are actually 1-5 bc 1 of our wins was Nicholls St.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 am Can New Orleans attract a professional soccer franchise with Yul-never-win Stadium?
Nope. RD said it didn't fit the dimensions for soccer. Gotta love the POSS
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Well, at this point for the program we have now tested and conclusively disproven Cowen’s Thesis “the Superdome was the problem.” If played yesterday at the Dome the attendance for the SMU game would have been virtually the same.

And yes, we are all still waiting for the 5,000 uptown “casual walk-ups” to supplement our small group of diehard fans.

Boring losing football draws fans nowhere regardless of the game venue. The “evil Superdome” was just fine under Bowden/RR. For attendance we are now essentially right back to where we were for our final Superdome games.
GreenLantern
Riptide

wave97 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 amYul-never-win Stadium
Instant classic. I may never think of the correct name again.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am
wave97 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 amYul-never-win Stadium
Instant classic. I may never think of the correct name again.
+ 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
winwave
Top of the WAVE

On top of all the other mistakes the tailgating is pathetic. The decision to separate the students from the LBC quad was just stupid. Both quads dead. If joined together there would at least be some feel to it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 am On top of all the other mistakes the tailgating is pathetic. The decision to separate the students from the LBC quad was just stupid. Both quads dead. If joined together there would at least be some feel to it.
Absolutely. The separation is insane. The hired band plays before an empty crowd. The fun commingling atmosphere between alums, fans and students has been destroyed. The small crowd needs to be on one Quad. Really bad decision by someone.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981