SMU Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Both teams had their bye weeks:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... eeded-rest

Both have QB controversies.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from the Dallas Morning News.. I click on "college" section..Texas, TXA&M, OU. TX Tech TCU Baylor , SMU, North Texas are all covered
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... me-smu?f=r

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... m-loss-smu

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... ess-attack
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

QB question:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2 ... iver_index

The game is at 2:30 and will be on ESPNU.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If this was my decision, Banks is my QB. Yes, he's been less than expected to date. Yes, he's suffered from inconsistent performances. But since McMillan took his first snap, Banks has been the better player of the two. McMillan threw one hell of a nice pass for the TD at Cincy when the game was still in play. Then he had long stretches of not completing a pass. Banks has been fairly accurate, including a number of drops in the Memphis and UAB games, until a poor start (and a too quick hook) versus the Bearcats. Let him play the whole game not looking over his shoulder.

Unless McMillan has taken huge steps during the bye week, I want Banks under center full time. He should come in with a chip on his shoulder, knowing he put 38 points that should have been 44 on the board versus this team last season. He's earned it. And he's far from perfect, but better at the RPO than McMillan.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 pm If this was my decision, Banks is my QB. Yes, he's been less than expected to date. Yes, he's suffered from inconsistent performances. But since McMillan took his first snap, Banks has been the better player of the two. McMillan threw one hell of a nice pass for the TD at Cincy when the game was still in play. Then he had long stretches of not completing a pass. Banks has been fairly accurate, including a number of drops in the Memphis and UAB games, until a poor start (and a too quick hook) versus the Bearcats. Let him play the whole game not looking over his shoulder.

Unless McMillan has taken huge steps during the bye week, I want Banks under center full time. He should come in with a chip on his shoulder, knowing he put 38 points that should have been 44 on the board versus this team last season. He's earned it. And he's far from perfect, but better at the RPO than McMillan.

ROLL WAVE!
Huge ass +1. When you have 2 QB's you don't have one. This ream looks to him. The staff needs to stand with him. He can't be looking over his shoulder. This staff has a chance to save this season. They're on the clock. Get it done!
galvezwave
Swell

Watching that interview. That’s not the same Willie fritz that arrived here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

galvezwave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 am Watching that interview. That’s not the same Willie fritz that arrived here.
He looks and sounds defeated. Kinda awkward to watch.

phpBB [video]
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Show Me
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 am
galvezwave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 am Watching that interview. That’s not the same Willie fritz that arrived here.
Jesus I thought I was watching Bob Toledo all over again.
Dave breslin
Swell

“This QB looks good....this guy looks good...”. Shades of CJ. I hope it hasn’t gotten to the same delusional coaching. ROLL WAVE!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

phpBB [video]
It really is. He seems emotionally detached from it all, and just generally beat down. Either the Tulane Model and tradition have worn him down, or a brutal realization that his method and processes just might not work at the AAC level. I seriously doubt he'll be getting any offers to go elsewhere, but it he did get any offer, at this point I think he'd take it in a heartbeat--just to start anew.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 am
Jesus I thought I was watching Bob Toledo all over again.
Even worse, the offensive play calling, and the team's lack of discipline and energy, look like they are right out of the Toledo era.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

phpBB [video]
After watching that, I better understand our team's lack of energy and enthusiasm during the games.
msdos
Swell

I could stomach this better if he were making Toledo or CJ money. But 1.5 million for this bullshit?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

phpBB [video]
After watching that, I better understand our team's lack of energy and enthusiasm during the games.
Really quite depressing! What is that look on his face?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

phpBB [video]
Really quite depressing! What is that look on his face?
I’d call that look a give a s#it, “it is what it is” look. Supposedly he still isn’t getting the recruits he wants. The question is, why? Is it his staff? Is it the facilities? Is it the non-descript offense? Is it Yulman’s ridiculous looking west side stands? Or are remnants of the Tulane Model still lurking around? Whatever it is, Fritz acts like he’s thrown in the towel.
Pepper
Swell

Like everyone else before him, he has entered the athletic abyss.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

If the team shows up at this game in the lethargic mode and not ready to kick ass, then I think we can all safely assume the season is over and neither the coach nor the players give a crap!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:35 pm If the team shows up at this game in the lethargic mode and not ready to kick ass, then I think we can all safely assume the season is over and neither the coach nor the players give a crap!
Yes, for sure but I’d be surprised if the team shows up lethargic. The game last year should be enough to motivate those returning players. The Wave has played well at home and I think it continues on Saturday.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:29 am Like everyone else before him, he has entered the athletic abyss.
The “Tulane Twilight Zone”.
swampnik
Surge

phpBB [video]
Ye,s really weird to watch. Seems CWF is worried that he knows he is on the `hot seat` for his job.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)