Line Opens Tulane 7 pts. > SMU

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread opens Wave 7 pts. > SMU (Rotation nos. 387-388 for Vegas Sheet). http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

SMU, (2-4, AAC 1-1) “body of work” to date:

1) 9/1 – N. Texas 46, SMU 23;
2) 9/7 – TCU 42, SMU 12;
3) 9/15 – Michigan 45, SMU 20;
4) 9/22 – SMU 31, Navy 30 (OT);
5) 9/29 – SMU 63, Houston Baptist 27;
6) 10/6 – UCF 48, SMU 27.

We can all see how the Wave gets to 5 wins – beat SMU, E. Carolina & Navy at home. Then for win number 6, beat one of the following 3 on the road – Tulsa, USF or Houston. https://fbschedules.com/tulane-football-schedule/ Obviously, Tulsa is our most likely road win for this year. Last year we were 1 & 5 on the road, winning in OT at East Carolina. Our road record under WF has been abysmal.. Under the WF regime we average about one road win a year (ok, in 2016 we beat both mighty UMass & UConn on the road), so history does inform us the Wave should win one of our remaining three road games. And then, we finish 6-6 and go to the “I never heard of that one before?” bowl.. :D :thumbup: 8-)

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd lay the points! I still think we get our way to 6 wins, maybe 7, but giving a TD to ANY d1 opponent is too many points IMHO. We're not that good.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:18 pm I'd lay the points! I still think we get our way to 6 wins, maybe 7, but giving a TD to ANY d1 opponent is too many points IMHO. We're not that good.
+1, we are an entirely different team at home than on the road. Until we learn to play on the road, more of the same for the WF era. That being said, every year the Wave does manage to beat someone we thought we had no chance against like Houston last year and Memphis this year and; yet, stink up the place on the road against the likes of FIU last year and UAB this year? The fans won’t come back until we have some consistency for how we play. It would be nice indeed to upset either USF or Houston which would show some maturation for the program under WF. USF looked very beatable against Tulsa on Friday night until Tulsa found a way to lose the game.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I do not see Tulane getting to 6 wins..all 3 home games are winnable...but I see Tulane racking up one big ass zero on the remaining road games, and one of them is winnable...but I think Tulsa will physically beat the krap out of Tulane, even if they do not win the game ...UH and to a lesser degree USF, way too much speed on both sides of the ball for Tulane to handle
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:18 pm I'd lay the points! I still think we get our way to 6 wins, maybe 7, but giving a TD to ANY d1 opponent is too many points IMHO. We're not that good.
D, I hope you're right. Unfortunately it would be very Tulanish for us to soil the bedsheets on one of the three remaining home games for which we will be favored (SMU, ECU or Navy). Conversely, look for us to to win one of the three road games (Tulsa, Houston, USF), all of which will find the Greenies as the decided underdog.

Based on what we've seen thus far, when the dust settles, Tulane wins 5 and stays home. The UAB game killed us.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 pm
D, I hope you're right. Unfortunately it would be very Tulanish for us to soil the bedsheets on one of the three remaining home games for which we will be favored (SMU, ECU or Navy). Conversely, look for us to to win one of the three road games (Tulsa, Houston, USF), all of which will find the Greenies as the decided underdog.

Based on what we've seen thus far, when the dust settles, Tulane wins 5 and stays home. The UAB game killed us.
Very precise, and likely accurate, forecast Lantern. We have not yet had our annual “soiling of the bed sheets” at home.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 am
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Very precise, and likely accurate, forecast Lantern. We have not yet had our annual “soiling of the bed sheets” at home.
Last year we beat Grambling, Army, Tulsa & Houston @ Yulman. And, we lost @ Yulman to Cincinnati 17 to 16 & USF 34 to 28. So, actually I think our home record does suggest we will beat SMU on Saturday. If we beat SMU, I think we will then beat East Carolina and a not very good Navy team that lost to SMU 31 to 30 on September 22 in OT @ Dallas.

So, I still believe for this season we will win 5 of our 6 home games.
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm I do not see Tulane getting to 6 wins..all 3 home games are winnable...but I see Tulane racking up one big ass zero on the remaining road games, and one of them is winnable...but I think Tulsa will physically beat the krap out of Tulane, even if they do not win the game ...UH and to a lesser degree USF, way too much speed on both sides of the ball for Tulane to handle
Pretty much what I am thinking Golf, my main man!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Game is at 2:30 CST. I wish it were at 6. I'll be playing the Champions course at PGA National during the game.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

O/U 59.5 pts.

Last year the final score was SMU 41, Wave 38 or 79 total points scored.

I would think the over.