FALL BALL

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
chain gang x man
Swell

The first scrimmage was today
All the pitchers threw one inning except for Keagan. I don’t want to read anything into it
Chase looks like the old Chase
Pellerin and Cellucci are going to give us a lefty righty combo coming out of the pen. Each had 2 K’s and can bring the heat throwing in the mid 90’s
Grant Mathews continues to swing the bat. He had a HR and double
The wind must have been blowing in about 30 mph. Every fly ball was an adventure. Hoese hit a fly to left that ended up dropping behind shortstop
The only positions that have competition are center field and right field. Freshman Hudson Haskin is battling Kobi Owen in center and Grant Mathews and Tyler Heinrichs are battling for right
We definitely have enough catchers this year. Acy Owen will be the starter but Frankie Niemann will push for playing time and the 2 freshmen look solid

According to my stats we had
19 R 21 H. 13 K 10 BB 7 HBP

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

let's see here...19 runs...21 hits....10 walks...7 hit batters....and only 13 K's....Gawd, I hope Latham is working OT
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 am let's see here...19 runs...21 hits....10 walks...7 hit batters....and only 13 K's....Gawd, I hope Latham is working OT
Every pitcher, except Keagan, threw one inning, some making their first appearance against live hitters, and every position player batted.
At this point in training the hitters are always ahead of the pitchers
Another positive is there was only one wild pitch and two pass balls
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 am let's see here...19 runs...21 hits....10 walks...7 hit batters....and only 13 K's....Gawd, I hope Latham is working OT
Going to be another long year
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:12 am
Every pitcher, except Keagan, threw one inning, some making their first appearance against live hitters, and every position player batted.
At this point in training the hitters are always ahead of the pitchers
Another positive is there was only one wild pitch and two pass balls
If I remember my Baseball days....the pitchers were always ahead of the hitters early in the spring and fall...but then again that was back when they handed U the ball, U were expected to pitch 9 innings...now guys get paid big bucks to play part time
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

one more rant of Americas pastime.... there are only 5 stats that are relevant in baseball
1 - Single
2 - Stolen Base
3- Walk
4- Strikeout
5 - Pass ball

a HR in one park is a long fly out in another... a foul ball in the stands, is caught for an out in another...a Double in one park is a Single in another...a Triple in one park is a Double in another..and don't get me started with "errors'
until Baseball makes all parks conform to one configuration, all else is just imagination
Pepper
Swell

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the stats considering every pitcher threw 1 inning.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
chain gang x man
Swell

If anyone wants to watch a scrimmage, the team will be at Ryan Field (Jesuit) on Friday and Saturday
chain gang x man
Swell

Change of schedule
Friday’s scrimmage is back at Turchin starting at 4:00
Saturday’s scrimmage is at Turchin but closed to the public