AD FUNDRAISING

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 pm
Show Me wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm So we agree the bar is the lowest in the NCAA thanks to Dickson therefore Dannen should have no problem exceeding Dickson.
We just need 12 years to find out . Enjoy.
You may need 12 years to find out but I won’t. ;)

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sure you will. Then he and your boy will be on even footing. : :wink:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I remember Dickson saying that he almost was never in his office and was usually on the road fundraising. I fear that Dannen isn’t on the road enough fundraising and schmoozing with potential donors. Eighty percent of Dannen’s time should be spent fundraising.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Peters family gives a large donation for renovations

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2020/1 ... etics.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Excellent. Much needed, Thank you. We need more like you and additionally for us all to step up.

Question: how much do we need to make the Wilson center competitive ?
Oh Brother
Low Tide

This is great news, we are all indebted to folks like this who are willing and able to support TU athletics in such a meaningful way. The better facilities we have, the wider group of prospects are open to us
Show Me
Tsunami

At first I thought this $1,5 million was for Fans but it’s from a Fan. Lord knows we need it more than the players. :lol:
https://wgno.com/sports/tulane-athletic ... ports-fan/
Pepper
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:22 am At first I thought this $1,5 million was for Fans but it’s from a Fan. Lord knows we need it more than the players. :lol:
https://wgno.com/sports/tulane-athletic ... ports-fan/
Might be able to use the doctor with the receiver group to alleviate their fears of catching a football..
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Citypark
Ripple

Five top priorities and grades earned for Troy Dannen as Tulane AD:
1-Winning D-
2-Fundraising F
3-Selection of coaches D-
4-Expanding fan base F
5-All knowing A

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Citypark wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:28 pm Five top priorities and grades earned for Troy Dannen as Tulane AD:
1-Winning D-
2-Fundraising F
3-Selection of coaches D-
4-Expanding fan base F
5-All knowing A

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT!!!
THIS.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:49 pm
sader24 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 pm I wish we still played in the Superdome.
More and more people are realizing that.
Ha, ha, you must be joking, Student enrollment is growing so will student attendance if the Wave keep winning. We don't have nearly enough fans to play in the dome. No tailgate atmosphere in the dome at all. PUt that to rest because it will never happen again, stupid to repeat failures. Revenue would go to Benson, on campus the university gets gameday revenue. Not one legit reason we should be playing in the dome.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:04 pm
sader24 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 pm I wish we still played in the Superdome.
Ha, ha, you must be joking, Student enrollment is growing so will student attendance if the Wave keep winning. We don't have nearly enough fans to play in the dome. No tailgate atmosphere in the dome at all. PUt that to rest because it will never happen again, stupid to repeat failures. Revenue would go to Benson, on campus the university gets gameday revenue. Not one legit reason we should be playing in the dome.
God you're such a fool. The Dome was never the issue. It's people like you that have made the program the mess it is. The money wasted on that Piece of shit stadium could have and should have been used to build what football and basketball needed to be winners- a football ops. building and a new arena. No revenue went to Benson. That was lie put out by the YOGWF site by the idiots that run it and told any lie that people like you would believe. On campus the school pays the expenses which outweigh the revenue such a small facility brings in. You're a fucking moron.
GreenLantern
Riptide

As much as I enjoy the pre-game atmosphere and traditions of playing on campus, I certainly miss the comfortable environment of playing in the Dome. Cold, windy and rainy days can be overlooked when you're young, but not so much as you age. Our crowds have often (usually) been so small at Yulman that there is no significant home field advantage.

If only we could have incorporated the best of all worlds: a posh, on-campus state of the art practice facility, the excitement of game day tailgating on the quad, and the establishment of new traditions...maybe the marching band parading down St. Charles and into the Dome.

Our on-campus stadium may be cute and the TV broadcast teams may brag on its coziness and ability to make fans feel they are on the edge of the action, but the newness has worn off for me. I would pick the dome. That's just me. What do I know.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:59 pm

God you're such a fool. The Dome was never the issue. It's people like you that have made the program the mess it is. The money wasted on that Piece of shit stadium could have and should have been used to build what football and basketball needed to be winners- a football ops. building and a new arena. No revenue went to Benson. That was lie put out by the YOGWF site by the idiots that run it and told any lie that people like you would believe. On campus the school pays the expenses which outweigh the revenue such a small facility brings in. You're a fucking moron.
winwave, you use of the english language is inspiring...so go forth, and keep telling the fukin' truth !!!!!...on another subect, I am told TD is the master of the zoom call, or is it the doomed call
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:59 pm

We had a contract to use the Superdome (in perpetuity), that was a gift from God. If only we had the foresight to spend $80 million on first rate facilities for player development. Do you think that we make money on gate receipts and concessions at Yulman?
When Richard Yulman was at center field for the opening of his stadium he had a befuddled on his face that said to me: "I spent my lifetime building a bedding empire & this is what 80 million buys you?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The money raised for the stadium was “restricted funds”. Meaning it could only be used for the purpose of a new on-campus stadium. It could not be used for any other purpose including an Ops building. In this specific case the major donors only contributed because they wanted a stadium built and were only willing to contribute for that purpose.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:00 am The money raised for the stadium was “restricted funds”. Meaning it could only be used for the purpose of a new on-campus stadium. It could not be used for any other purpose including an Ops building. In this specific case the major donors only contributed because they wanted a stadium built and were only willing to contribute for that purpose.
so the Donors were the short sighted ones, not sc, rd !!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:06 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:00 am The money raised for the stadium was “restricted funds”. Meaning it could only be used for the purpose of a new on-campus stadium. It could not be used for any other purpose including an Ops building. In this specific case the major donors only contributed because they wanted a stadium built and were only willing to contribute for that purpose.
They were willing to give but in this case only for a stadium. There was no interest in a building at that time.
What’s stopping fundraising for that today? Apparently still no interest?
Lack of donors? Covid-19 survival mode .... not sure 🤔 .
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's because it was the only purpose they were asked to use it for. After SC/RD saw the $50 million dollar price tag for a new arena on the Rosen site they said we can build a football stadium for that much. As to RD if his lips were moving he was lying. When smart people questioned building the POS instead of the facilities that were actually needed he came up with the lie that he couldn't get people to donate for them. Only a complete idiot would believe such bullshit. All the other D-1 schools have them with donors names on them. Only at Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:08 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:06 am
They were willing to give but in this case only for a stadium. There was no interest in a building at that time.
What’s stopping fundraising for that today? Apparently still no interest?
Lack of donors? Covid-19 survival mode .... not sure 🤔 .
What few major donors Tulane has for athletics were tapped out by the POS stadium.
wave97
Swell

The entire initiative was a last minute shit show to appease the "Big East" that we were committing ourselves to football. Doesn't change the fact that it was not well thought through and supported (chopping off the west side to nimby Karens).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:31 am
The entire initiative was a last minute shit show to appease the "Big East" that we were committing ourselves to football. Doesn't change the fact that it was not well thought through and supported (chopping off the west side to nimby Karens).
Dear Big East...Tulane is NOT committed to football, Playing the one of the best stadiums in the world is useless...spening money on training and operations infrastructure is pure madness...so please disband so we can build an on campus venue the Gulf States Conference will be proud of
Thanks for you time
SC and RD
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Need to look forward. The stadium is here and we aren’t going back to the SEC or the Dome. Need funding for an Ops building next. Hope it’s gets done before I die.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 am Need to look forward. The stadium is here and we aren’t going back to the SEC or the Dome. Need funding for an Ops building next. Hope it’s gets done before I die.
Without the stadium, we are still in the now horrific CUSA.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:15 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 am Need to look forward. The stadium is here and we aren’t going back to the SEC or the Dome. Need funding for an Ops building next. Hope it’s gets done before I die.
Without the stadium, we are still in the now horrific CUSA.
Dome Yulman !!!...that solves the IPF issue...move basketball into Yulman once football season ends....Syracuse did that with some success