CFN's week 6 Rankings & Bowl Projections

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

one of the few , if U lose, U get a higher ranking
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10 ... ngs-week-6

and still goin' to a bowl
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10 ... ter-week-6

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

The AAC West is bad, but I'm still not confident that Tulane can capitalize on that. Navy, SMU, and Tulsa -should- all be wins given their poor performances so far, but, of course, that was said about UAB.

Even if Tulane won those games, it still would not be a "good" team.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:09 pm The AAC West is bad, but I'm still not confident that Tulane can capitalize on that. Navy, SMU, and Tulsa -should- all be wins given their poor performances so far, but, of course, that was said about UAB.

Even if Tulane won those games, it still would not be a "good" team.
Don't miss the bigger picture. Everyone has said players want to win. So in this case, if we can get to 6-6 and win a bowl game, we end up 7-6. Players don't see the underlying factors as much as we do. They would see a program were freshmen are playing and yet we've improved three years in a row and made a bowl game. That will help recruiting. And 20 years from now you'll see 7-6, and won't remember if it was a "good" 7-6 or a "bad" 7-6 team.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson