Fall Ball.... the Baseball kind

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/1 ... edule.aspx

one trivia question, can U name the Major League player, who went 5 for 5 against Ron Guidry and was released two days later ?

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dick Allen?

I'm interested, 'nut. Who was it?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:26 am Dick Allen?

I'm interested, 'nut. Who was it?
not so fast....however I will tell you, one year later he was signed and won a World Series ring with the A's...even had a book about him and later a movie
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

one more tidbit....While on a Major League roster, he leaves the dug out, while in Uniform, enters the Front Office" at the Stadium and tells them he does not want to play, he wants to be an advance Scout

another hint, it ain't Travis Jewett
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sounds like something Jimmy Piersall would do but it's not him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Beane
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 amBeane
Good call, MBA! Former Mets prospect Billy Beane. Not to be confused with Billy Bean, whom he played with in the minor leagues.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:27 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 amBeane
Good call, MBA! Former Mets prospect Billy Beane. Not to be confused with Billy Bean, whom he played with in the minor leagues.
Billy Beane of "MoneyBall" fame is correct !!!! was in the outfield in Jackson Miss for the "Generals ' with Strawberry, and Dykstra.....