Cincinnati Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
swampnik
Surge

Wave755 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am
Wave755 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:24 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 pm
swampnik wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 pm Cincy is one for the few teams we've owned in the past (like Army is for the Wave):
Tidal Wave : 31
Cubs: 24
They beat us the last two games played including last year in New Orleans for HC.
We didn't play Cincy in 2015 or 2016. They beat us last year 17 to 16 at Yulman. They won in 2014 at Yulman 38-14 but other than perhaps redshirts no one from either 2014 team will be playing on Saturday.
I know that. How is it we own them?
Swampnik said that, I didn't? Buddy Teevens owned them but that was a very long time ago. For the years 1990 to 2000 we beat them 5 times in a row. http://www.winsipedia.com/tulane/vs/cincinnati Cincy has won the last 2 games. Hopefully on Saturday we can place a large down payment for the re-purchase of Cincy! :D
Exactly to what I was referring to about owning Cincy.......in the "distant past" and how sweet is was for those whom remember. (wink)

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
netshorty
Surge

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

netshorty wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:32 pm [url]https://www.downthedrive.com/2018/10/3/ ... n-wave/url]

I like these scenarios...
Notice how all the scenarios that have us winning big have us rushing for big total rushing yards? The ones that have the game close, or the Wave losing has us turning the ball over with INTs. I didn't make this up, the simulating website did. Go to the simulation site itself and this is even more obvious.

But I do like the predictions the simulation site makes. We're underdogs playing on the road as the homecoming opponent. Three or four three and out's to start the game would be a disaster, and dig us a hole we cannot overcome, much like we did with UAB.

All that being said, I put little or no faith into the simulation site. For fun I tried Tulane vs. Ohio (whom played Cincinnati very tough on the road) on the site. As a home team, Tulane wins convincingly. As a road team Ohio blows out Tulane worse than OSU did! It's a simulation site that even had Roderick Teamer catching a TD pass from Banks in one of the simulations. But in the sim losses, Banks throws multiple INTs.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 pm
netshorty wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:32 pm [url]https://www.downthedrive.com/2018/10/3/ ... n-wave/url]

I like these scenarios...
Notice how all the scenarios that have us winning big have us rushing for big total rushing yards? The ones that have the game close, or the Wave losing has us turning the ball over with INTs. I didn't make this up, the simulating website did. Go to the simulation site itself and this is even more obvious.

But I do like the predictions the simulation site makes. We're underdogs playing on the road as the homecoming opponent. Three or four three and out's to start the game would be a disaster, and dig us a hole we cannot overcome, much like we did with UAB.

All that being said, I put little or no faith into the simulation site. For fun I tried Tulane vs. Ohio (whom played Cincinnati very tough on the road) on the site. As a home team, Tulane wins convincingly. As a road team Ohio blows out Tulane worse than OSU did! It's a simulation site that even had Roderick Teamer catching a TD pass from Banks in one of the simulations. But in the sim losses, Banks throws multiple INTs.
Simulators are taking over our very existence.....A Canadian company wants to open a "Brothel of Simulators" in downtown Houston.... aahhh, the warmth, the conversation
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane 30, Cincinnati 28.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just like last week we need this one bad. This is a beatable Cincinnati team. They'll be better on D than Memphis but that's a low bar. Their QB will be able to test us more with his arm. Last week we finally saw us play on offense the way we expected to from opening night on. We should only get better with the confidence from that performance.

Cincinnati 31
Tulane 28

Like last week we have been in this position to follow a good win with a win and failed miserably. I also don't want to break the karma from last weeks pick. ROLLWAVEROLL!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is a game I picked Tulane to win in my preseason forecast. But I also thought we'd lose to Memphis. It's a tough one, given that it's Cincinnati's homecoming and we're not typically good on the road. But once a year it seems we put it together for a surprise road win. Is it this week?

Tulane can run the football, and the passing game is much better when we are running successfully. It's hard to judge the Bearcats strengths and weaknesses because they haven't played anyone. It seems they're typically pretty good on D, but the Ohio Bobcats rushed for over 200 yards against them, and I think our running game is superior to theirs. I really want to pick a Wave victory here, but my brain tells me:

Tulane 20
Cincinnati 24

Many posters on this board will again call for Fritz to be on the hot seat. I still think, even if we lose this game we get to 6 wins with a shot at 7. I really want us to win this week, make a statement in the conference, and have a shot at 8 wins!

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

It all depends on which Tulane team shows up.

Tulane (Memphis) 36 Cincy 24

Tulane (UAB) 22 Cincy 34

Preseason, I think I picked Cincy game as a Tulane win, so I'll stick with that and go with the Tulane (Memphis) team. I would feel better if we were wearing our Mega Wave helmets.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

I won't get a chance to see or listen to the game tomorrow. My flight to Denver leaves at 10:30am. Here's hoping I arrive to find out we're 3-3.

Cincinnati 23
Tulane 26
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Hope I'm wrong like last week:

Cincy 28
Tulane 24
Wave755
Tsunami

I remain convinced we will be able to run on this team.

Wave 31
Cincy 20
Show Me
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:12 pm Potential turning point game. Either 3-3 or 2-4.
Cincy ready to play the Wave still celebrating the Memphis win.
Cincinnati 37
Tulane 24
Just like I predicted. Another bad loss.