Line Opens Cincinnati 7.5 pts. > Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread opens Cincinnati 7.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 339-340 for Vegas Sheet). http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

Cincinnati, (5-0, AAC 1-0) “body of work” to date:

1) 9/1 – Cincinnati 26, UCLA 17;
2) 9/8 – Cincinnati 21, Miami (Ohio) 0;
3) 9/15 – Cincinnati 63, Alabama A&M 7;
4) 9/22 – Cincinnati 34, Ohio 30;
5) 9/29 – Cincinnati 49, UCONN 7.

UCLA is 0-4 including loses to Fresno St. and Colorado and a good Oklahoma team 49 to 21. MAC teams Miami (Ohio) is 1-4 and Ohio is 2-2 and AAC “Whipping Boy” UCONN is 1-4 with its only win against Rhode Island. Stated another way, Cincinnati hasn’t played anyone so far other than an UCLA team which has for this season only its “name.” Cincy is one more very winnable game for the Wave. And, this is another really big game for 2018; beat Cincy we then have a bye week and then SMU @ home on 10/20 and Tulsa @ Tulsa on 10/27. It would be great to go to Tampa at 5-3 for USF on 11/3. After USF we then have E. Carolina @ home, Houston @ Houston and Navy @ home to end the season. Beat Cincy and no less than 7 wins starts looking likely.
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wave755
Tsunami

Last year we lost 5 of our 6 road games. Our only road win was in OT against East Carolina. Last year we lost to Cincinnati 17 to 16 at Yulman.
That being said, I think Cincinnati is no more "for real" this year than Memphis, after all Cincy only beat Ohio 34-30 playing at Nippert Stadium. I believe we will build on the Memphis game and not do this Saturday @ Cincy a FIU like disaster for last year.

In spite of our terrible road record, take the Wave & 7.5 pts. I think we win this one straight up and leave Cincinnati with our record @ 3-3.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just for reference, Ohio is 2-2, not 1-4.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:34 pm Just for reference, Ohio is 2-2, not 1-4.
When Cincy beat UCLA we all thought it was a very bright day for both Cincy and the AAC. We now know UCLA has nothing. Ohio U rushed for 234 yards on Cincy. I am hoping we really push Cincy around on Saturday and Bradwell and Dauphine have banner games. Another team 318 yards rushing would be nice for this game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cincy playing for a bowl bid this weekend. I would think we’ll get their best. If we are going to be a bowl team we need to win this type of game.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 pm Cincy playing for a bowl bid this weekend. I would think we’ll get their best. If we are going to be a bowl team we need to win this type of game.
I would think their bigger incentive is its homecoming weekend. I mean, they only need to go 1-6 in their last 7 to make a bowl .I hardly see a sense of urgency on their part in that regard.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 pm Cincy playing for a bowl bid this weekend. I would think we’ll get their best. If we are going to be a bowl team we need to win this type of game.
I would think their bigger incentive is its homecoming weekend. I mean, they only need to go 1-6 in their last 7 to make a bowl .I hardly see a sense of urgency on their part in that regard.
Either way they are only 1 of 10 teams that could get bowl eligible this weekend. That’s a nice incentive to take care of business.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:04 pm
Either way they are only 1 of 10 teams that could get bowl eligible this weekend. That’s a nice incentive to take care of business.
Well, that, and a win here would likely put them in the AP top 25 while a loss would keep them out of the top 25 until at least November.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As Bob Toledo once said of his Tulane team that had just lost their HC game ,"they were distracted by the HC festivities". so may it be.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:15 pm
Well, that, and a win here would likely put them in the AP top 25 while a loss would keep them out of the top 25 until at least November.
The Bearcats have really beaten no one this season but hapless 0-4 UCLA. Ohio U took Cincy down to the wire, 34-30. Ohio U hasn't beaten anybody but Howard and UMass this year. Memphis proved to be the "paper" Tigers; I am hopeful and get the feeling on Saturday Cincy will prove to be the "paper" Bearcats.
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:21 pm
As Bob Toledo once said of his Tulane team that had just lost their HC game ,"they were distracted by the HC festivities". so may it be.
That quote is hilarious.
Wave755
Tsunami

O/U now 48.5 pts.

So Vegas sees a fight between defenses with nobody scoring over 30 pts. for this game. Our running game may be the first real test of the Cincy defense this season. If this Tulane team is not ready to play on Saturday, then the whole thing really falls on WF. There can be no more FIU/UAB debacles for this coach.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

At 5-0 I don't think becoming bowl eligible is even in their thoughts at all. They're focused on winning the division, winning in front of a homecoming crowd, and seeing if they can build momentum towards being ranked. The team to beat in the AAC is CLEARLY UCF. Cincinnati has gotten zero respect, and that's what they're playing for much more than becoming bowl eligible in the first weekend of October. If they were 5-5 in mid-November, I think it would be a motivator. But worrying about getting win # 6 when you've won your first 5 is ludicrous.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V