Cincy Game thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Interesting viewpoints Cincy vs UConn
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 470362002/

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's going to be fun to ruin their Homecoming.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Mission Impossible- Not:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 8a1b4.html

Good news- Banks is healthy and will start.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unleashed by the coaching staff he's back to making quick decisions:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9e96e.html

It was fun to watch him be himself again last weekend. Looking forward to more of it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cincy now #2 in the country in scoring defense
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 495901002/
UC also ranks No. 7 nationally in total defense at 276.0 yards per game. Last year at this time, the Bearcats were No. 82 in that category. UC also ranks No. 1 nationally in pass efficiency defense (89.7), after ranking 92nd in that category at this time last year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24 am Cincy now #2 in the country in scoring defense
UC also ranks No. 7 nationally in total defense at 276.0 yards per game. Last year at this time, the Bearcats were No. 82 in that category. UC also ranks No. 1 nationally in pass efficiency defense (89.7), after ranking 92nd in that category at this time last year.
I think a comparison of the 2017 and 2018 schedule's are relevant to these stats,...the first 5 games of 2018 are a joke, worse than what Memphis played, or just as weak..the vaunted Cincy D gave up the 2nd most points that UCLA has scored all year !!!..Alabama ( the one with A&M behind it ) ..UConn...Miami ( the one in Ohio )..Ohio ( the one with a U immediately following and no "state" between it ) and they still scored 30 ....STATS, what a waste of ink and paper, and I swear, I have only had one beer
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is Cincinnati's Homecoming game. We haven't played well on the road for decades, and in general haven't played well on the road under Fritz. But it seems like one game every year they really surprise us. Let's hope this is the week the team puts it together in a great road effort, and come home to face SMU 2-0 in conference and 3-3 overall.

BTW: whoever updates our schedule on the tulanegreenwave.com site needs to put our conference record at 1=0. As of this post, they still have us 0-0 in conference.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24 am Cincy now #2 in the country in scoring defense
I think a comparison of the 2017 and 2018 schedule's are relevant to these stats,...the first 5 games of 2018 are a joke, worse than what Memphis played, or just as weak..the vaunted Cincy D gave up the 2nd most points that UCLA has scored all year !!!..Alabama ( the one with A&M behind it ) ..UConn...Miami ( the one in Ohio )..Ohio ( the one with a U immediately following and no "state" between it ) and they still scored 30 ....STATS, what a waste of ink and paper, and I swear, I have only had one beer
Right golf. Their schedule is even worse than Memphis'. So it makes it hard to judge them. Fickell is a good coach and they are improved but that's a low bar considering how bad they were last season. This isn't a shot at tps but those stats are why they say stats are for losers. who you do it against matters.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:21 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 am
Right golf. Their schedule is even worse than Memphis'. So it makes it hard to judge them. Fickell is a good coach and they are improved but that's a low bar considering how bad they were last season. This isn't a shot at tps but those stats are why they say stats are for losers. who you do it against matters.
This season Ohio U had 234 yards rushing against Cincy, but Ohio U rushed for only 118 yards against Virginia (3-2, 1-1 ACC) ?

Our runnung game will be the first test of the season for Cincy's defense. If we rush for 200+ yards, we win.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In one of the articles above it cited UC's AAC recruiting rankings. Our fans often criticize these rankings as not having a lot of credibility. Here's the quote from the opposing AAC coach in the write-up on Cincy-" You have to talk about their recruiting class first and foremost, because their current staff didn't get what they needed to start fresh in term of talent." So despite the previous rankings a league coach doesn't think much of their talent. Then throw in that even if you're #1 in the AAC recruiting rankings it's not like you had some great recruiting haul. Cincy isn't an overwhelmingly talented team by any stretch of the imagination.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Has anyone seen the uniform reveal for this week? I sure hope we stick with the extra large Angry Wave on the helmets!

BTW: the schedule on the tulanegreenwave.com website still lists our conference record as 0-0. You think someone would get a clue?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ask and ye shall receive. White jersey's and blue pants:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 2213262336
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am Has anyone seen the uniform reveal for this week? I sure hope we stick with the extra large Angry Wave on the helmets!

BTW: the schedule on the tulanegreenwave.com website still lists our conference record as 0-0. You think someone would get a clue?
I liked the extra large Angry Wave as well. If nothing else, the equipment crew must have spent a lot of time on those last week. It should have lasted at least 2 weeks.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:50 am
DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am Has anyone seen the uniform reveal for this week? I sure hope we stick with the extra large Angry Wave on the helmets!

I liked the extra large Angry Wave as well. If nothing else, the equipment crew must have spent a lot of time on those last week. It should have lasted at least 2 weeks.
Our helmets this week are white. The current Angry Wave helmet is green. But, schools switch out designs, decals all the time, so I'm sure we'll see it again.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I do like the blue pants with the white jersey's. I just wish it was topped with the XL Angry Wave Helmets. We are undefeated wearing them!

ROLL WAVE!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CFN's...take on all G-5 games...a slight scroll down to the Cincy - Tulane

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10 ... ent-advice
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:19 pm CFN's...take on all G-5 games...a slight scroll down to the Cincy - Tulane

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10 ... ent-advice
As a program, Tulane has gone 7-0 over the last seven games hitting the 250-yard mark (on the ground) Over the last two seasons, it’s 1-11 when not getting to 250, and it’s not going to against the Bearcat defensive front.
I don't share the same opinion as the writer. If the Ohio Bobcats can rush for over 200 against the Bearcats, Tulane can cross the 250 mark. And establishing the run, by using misdirection and mismatches at the corners (running away from pressure/blitz's) the passing game will open up for some big hits. That's our offense at it's best. That's what we need to do to win this game.

ROLL WAVE!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm I do like the blue pants with the white jersey's. I just wish it was topped with the XL Angry Wave Helmets. We are undefeated wearing them!

ROLL WAVE!
Amen D, on both points. I'm really surprised we aren't sticking with the Mega Wave helmet--a national sensation and undefeated in them. The Mega Wave would look great with white jerseys and blue pants.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agree on the points above. That stat about us going 7-0 when we rush for 250 yards or more is interesting.

Really just wanted to comment that I liked the term Mega Wave, I think you just coined it ;)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:11 pm Agree on the points above. That stat about us going 7-0 when we rush for 250 yards or more is interesting.

Really just wanted to comment that I liked the term Mega Wave, I think you just coined it ;)
+1 Mega Wave

ROLL MEGA WAVE ROLL!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane equipment is calling it Wumbo AngryWave:
https://twitter.com/TulaneEquipment/sta ... 1120695299
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I still prefer Mega Wave! Don't care much at all for mumba Wave or Wumbo Wave.

Mega Wave to rule the world! Dilly DIlly!