2018-19 BOWL PROJECTIONS

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ccap05
Surge

As the only person on this board to correctly predict the winner of last weeks game I am willing to stake my not actually substantial grasp of football realities on my new found confidence that Tulane is Bowl bound. The big question is what Bowl will be honored to offer us an invite? After a detailed review of all I know about football supplemented by two Manhattans and a bottle of red I am now ready to reveal the answer:

Tulane (7/5) will play the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on 19DEC18 in lovely Frisco Texas in the Frisco Bowl. After checking the Frisco Bowl website I can report that tickets are available now for the game but I recommend holding off on purchasing them as I suspect there will be tickets available closer to game day.

If you feel the urge to respond please include your prediction as to Bowl/Opponent for Tulane this season (I admit that this post may be based on a false assumption).

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Would fans be happy if the Wave went 5-7 but got a bowl bid?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:54 pm Would fans be happy if the Wave went 5-7 but got a bowl bid?
"Happy" may not be the right word for it but I would feel better than 5-7 and no bowl bid, "Happy" might be if we miraculously won said bowl game.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:54 pm Would fans be happy if the Wave went 5-7 but got a bowl bid?
"Happy" may not be the right word for it but I would feel better than 5-7 and no bowl bid, "Happy" might be if we miraculously won said bowl game.
IMO it would be similar to the basketball buy in post season CBI tournament. I wouldn’t support that.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm sure we'd sell out our ticket allotment. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ESPN's week 10 Bowl predicitions...pack your bags for sunny Orlando and see Mickey
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ns-week-10
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am ESPN's week 10 Bowl predicitions...pack your bags for sunny Orlando and see Mickey
Or Frisco Texas
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am ESPN's week 10 Bowl predicitions...pack your bags for sunny Orlando and see Mickey
Or Frisco Texas
give me Frisco baby !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell

I'd prefer getting to Tampa with a rematch vs UAB instead of USF going.
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is an interesting matchup....

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
Dec. 29, noon (ESPN)

Bonagura: LSU vs. UCF

Also looks like the New Orleans Bowl could get a decent matchup for a change:

Appalachian State vs Louisiana Tech.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

dpm wave wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 pm I'd prefer getting to Tampa with a rematch vs UAB instead of USF going.
They probably wont want to do any rematches. Of course, the Frisco Bowl would give us a chance to rematch against FIU.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I honestly can't even think or talk about this until after Homecoming. This next game vs. ECU has the classic Tulane disappointment / letdown setup. And we all know what has happened in the past.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm This is an interesting matchup....

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
Dec. 29, noon (ESPN)

Bonagura: LSU vs. UCF

Also looks like the New Orleans Bowl could get a decent matchup for a change:

Appalachian State vs Louisiana Tech.
I saw a NOLA Bowl match between La Tech and ULM !!!!....they can keep expenses down and share transportation
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... e-rankings
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

While I would take a Nola bowl opportunity to squash ULM, LA Tech or any in state team. i would love a trip to Florida and i am sure i could get about a dozen young Tulane Alums to come with me. A match up against FIU is not interesting ( despite us owing them a beat down) but if FAU turns themselves around that would be interesting. I wish there were some good tie ins in California
TXWave88
Surge

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm I honestly can't even think or talk about this until after Homecoming. This next game vs. ECU has the classic Tulane disappointment / letdown setup. And we all know what has happened in the past.
This. First off, its homecoming. We must have the worst homecoming record this century. Second, we played a solid game on Saturday. We raised the bar a bit. Please do not trip over it and fall on your face. I do not think we will come out at home flat, but do not get too excited and make the mental mistakes. I watched the Memphis vs ECU game this weekend. ECU defense is swiss cheese and they had a lot of luck bounce their way to still lose to Memphis by multiple scores. We need to come out and take care of business. Keep the celebrating and dumb penalties in the locker room. Play smart, loose, fly around and celebrate after the game. Know the stakes, pave your path and go get the W.

We can talk about the rest after the game. That is what Saturday nights are for.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If this is all we have to choose from, which one pays out the most? We need the money.
dpm wave
Swell

1) Birmingham--$1.6M
2) Tampa (gasparilla)--$1M
3) Boca--$900k
4) Cure--$751k
5) Frisco--$750k
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 pm 1) Birmingham--$1.6M
3) Boca--$900k
4) Cure--$751k
5) Frisco--$750k
it ain't about the "gross" ..it's about the "net"
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:12 am
3) Boca--$900k
4) Cure--$751k
5) Frisco--$750k
Then Birmingham even more so, as the travel expenses would be less. Probably hotel and meal costs are lower as well.. Also the easiest for fans to get to.
RobertM320
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm I honestly can't even think or talk about this until after Homecoming. This next game vs. ECU has the classic Tulane disappointment / letdown setup. And we all know what has happened in the past.
OK, its after homecoming, and we won. Talk.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:55 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:12 am
3) Boca--$900k
4) Cure--$751k
5) Frisco--$750k
Then Birmingham even more so, as the travel expenses would be less. Probably hotel and meal costs are lower as well.. Also the easiest for fans to get to.
B'Ham would most probably be the most profitable (?)...with Frisco 2nd, also an easy travel destination
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:56 am
OK, its after homecoming, and we won. Talk.
Very happy we won homecoming, but I'm going to wait until it's a done deal and we get that 6th win. :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
TURVS71
Swell

This Houston game is probably the BIGGEST game that Tulane football has faced in the past 10 years. I feel pretty confident that Memphis will take care of SMU....this Tulane team must rise to the challenge! I would trust that the coaching staff understands this and that the team won’t relax a bit thinking that they can still get a bowl by beating Navy. This game is a step to something that we have NOT had in a very long time!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:26 am This Houston game is probably the BIGGEST game that Tulane football has faced in the past 10 years. I feel pretty confident that Memphis will take care of SMU....this Tulane team must rise to the challenge! I would trust that the coaching staff understands this and that the team won’t relax a bit thinking that they can still get a bowl by beating Navy. This game is a step to something that we have NOT had in a very long time!!
+1. Agree that it looks like Memphis will take SMU the next night. So let's take care of business.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.