Ohio St. Crushes the ripple 49-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Dave breslin
Swell

Well said Houston. There is no one to blame except those that have made this a clown show. I believe it was done because the direction of athletics didn’t seem to fit the “academic” purpose of universities. Instead of working to make it correct, they took the lazy way out of running a competitive operation. Taking young men and molding them wasn’t their “fit”. And so it goes.

Bigschtick
Riptide

Pepper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 am Bowden never had to worry about saying stuff like that. He only had to worry about beating teams like USM and Louisville.
I get the point but he did play 3 top 25 teams in his first year and he sure wasn't sugar quoting it after those losses.

I don't blame the AD or the HC. Gibson Hall is bleeding the athletic department dry and Tulane just doesn't have enough money alums that give a shit.
[/quote]

And why should they donate to a lost cause?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
GreenLantern
Riptide

torbida
Surge

Tulane makes me wanna drink ripple.Fighting urge to cancel contribution to wave club why throw money into a failure that wont try to change
galvezwave
Swell

Yesterday’s score isn’t what’s bothering as much as Old Dominion, Army and La Tech. They showed up and not embarrass themselves. Maybe beat someone worth a damn once in a blue moon. Is it asking too much to just not be embarrassing?
posse
High Tide

+1
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 am there is an upside of sorts
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 79493.html
I was at the game and met some knowledgeable OSU fans. They could have scored 80 if they wanted. They choose to play the 2nd and 3rd team players the entire second half. Sad thing is we couldn’t even score a point on their 2nd and 3rd string.
We were at least competitive with Oklahoma for a Qtr or so last year. This game was a complete mismatch like no other in-spite of not being a larger final score beat down then others mentioned in Guerry’s article.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

That 310lb OSU player did everything but tear Tulane player's pants off in front of 90,000 people. :o :o :o
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:29 pm
That 310lb OSU player did everything but tear Tulane player's pants off in front of 90,000 people. :o :o :o
if U watch the replay, the OSU player should have been flagged for hands to the face...the forearm was a cheap shot....and I grew up when "clothes-lining" and "slaps" to the side of the helmets were legal...and "holding" was 15 yards not this pussy groping 10
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ohio St looks like a different team tonight. Trailed Penn St 13-0. Now up 14-13 Ohio St QB picked off once so far.
Penn St missed a chip shot FG earlier.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

For those of you that were so gloom and doom after the Ohio State game: with the win over Memphis, Massey is still projecting us to go 6-6 for the season, which would give us a bowl game. They project home wins against SMU, ECU and Navy, and a road win @Tulsa. And they even have us with a 42% chance at Cincy. Only games they have us clearly losing are USF and Houston. So the season isn't over yet.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8092&s=300937
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson