Ohio St. Crushes the ripple 49-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

Tulane-UAB notebook: Fritz regrets change of heart on fourth-down decision

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 6487c.html

Seems like from the HC down to the assistants to the players, everyone seems to be doubting themselves, playing with zero confidence.

The script from last year has completely flipped. Last year we couldn't hold a first half lead. Now we come out totally asleep. Last year we ran efficient, secure option football. Now we are all over the place, looking for the crazy big play.

I'm afraid the staff and players read too much of the preseason hype/predictions. Too worried about taking 2 steps forward while abandoning the Fritzball and instead taking 1 step back.
Dave breslin
Swell

ESPN has Ohio State with a 99% chance of winning. I think their wrong.
ccap05
Surge

MY DEEP THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: I think Ohio State has a chance to win this game if they can control the line of scrimmage.
ajcalhoun
Swell

ccap05 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:26 am MY DEEP THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: I think Ohio State has a chance to win this game if they can control the line of scrimmage.
I think a key to victory would be scoring. I am convinced that the winner of this game will be the team that out-scores the other one. Just a gut feeling.
God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

My gut feeling about this game: We have no business playing Ohio State, I have seen high school teams that were better
than Tulane. I just hope no one gets seriously injured!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 am My gut feeling about this game: We have no business playing Ohio State, I have seen high school teams that were better
this has all the makings of this years Texas Tech vs Lamar or Notre Dame vs SMU the first season after the "death penalty"....... this is going to be ugly and one of two things are going to happen...after playing OSU, there is not one team on the schedule better, you've played the best ,now it is time to improve against those who have a similar talent level...OR...this team will tank, never to be heard from again...well they will be heard from, but only on this forum
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 am My gut feeling about this game: We have no business playing Ohio State, I have seen high school teams that were better
True. I watched Mater Dei beat IMG Academy last night on DishTV. IMG was ranked #1 nationally, while Mater Dei is ranked #3. Either team could have beaten this Tulane team. Both teams were as big, faster, and demonstrated vastly better play calling. IMG had one or two turnovers, Mater Dei none. Both team's execution was superb throughout the game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Almost time to walk the plank.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 am
True. I watched Mater Dei beat IMG Academy last night on DishTV. IMG was ranked #1 nationally, while Mater Dei is ranked #3. Either team could have beaten this Tulane team. Both teams were as big, faster, and demonstrated vastly better play calling. IMG had one or two turnovers, Mater Dei none. Both team's execution was superb throughout the game.
check out these tuition rates
https://www.imgacademy.com/boarding-school

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/ind ... _ID=107035
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Does ESPN or ESPN+ allow u to stream the B10 network? How else can cord cutters watch the game?
Dave breslin
Swell

We should have flown the plane to Columbus, Mississippi and feigned ignorance for not showing up
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 am We should have flown the plane to Columbus, Mississippi and feigned ignorance for not showing up
If memory serves, when Tulane played Miss State, they flew into Columbus, not Starkville

http://www.visitcolumbusms.org/

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=Uxw ... =209&h=160
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 am

I watched the same game as well as another local high school powerhouse, Oaks Christian out of Westlake Village, Ca. I believe Montana's high school..
Incredible high school teams. Mater Dei feeds USC.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:19 am Does ESPN or ESPN+ allow u to stream the B10 network? How else can cord cutters watch the game?
Try Hulu or Sling. Sign up for a trial and then cancel it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Great day for sports. Starting at 11:00 I'm flipping between Notre Dame x Wake Forest and Navy x SMU. The main course is at 2:30 when the Greenies and their slingshot take on Goliath. I'll be listening to Graf on the radio while flipping the muted TV between Tiger leading the FedEx final and Alabama x A&M.

At Columbus, I'm hoping for an injury free game that offers some positive moments for TU. Close your eyes and visualize this as the first play from scrimmage:
Tulane has the first possession. Handoff to Dauphine who breaks into the clear and smokes everyone with his 4.3x speed. Utter silence from 103,000 onlookers except for the drunken delirium from a couple hundred green-clad visitors. After that, whatever happens, happens. At least we bloodied their nose.
One can dream.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:19 am Does ESPN or ESPN+ allow u to stream the B10 network? How else can cord cutters watch the game?
Hulu does for sure. That's what I have. But you have to sign up for the free trial of Hulu TV, not just Hulu.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:31 am Great day for sports. Starting at 11:00 I'm flipping between Notre Dame x Wake Forest and Navy x SMU. The main course is at 2:30 when the Greenies and their slingshot take on Goliath. I'll be listening to Graf on the radio while flipping the muted TV between Tiger leading the FedEx final and Alabama x A&M.

At Columbus, I'm hoping for an injury free game that offers some positive moments for TU. Close your eyes and visualize this as the first play from scrimmage:
Tulane has the first possession. Handoff to Dauphine who breaks into the clear and smokes everyone with his 4.3x speed. Utter silence from 103,000 onlookers except for the drunken delirium from a couple hundred green-clad visitors. After that, whatever happens, happens. At least we bloodied their nose.
One can dream.
Unfortunately, OSU probably has several DBs that can match Dauphine speed wise. I don't know that we'll see any breakaway runs today. Maybe Fritz has been revamping the O all week and we'll come out running the Navy/Army/GaTech triple-option. At least it will run some clock, and may surprise the Buckeyes for a series or two.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 am
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am
Hulu does for sure. That's what I have. But you have to sign up for the free trial of Hulu TV, not just Hulu.
Looks like u can use b10 network 2go on a device (not available on roku, apple tv etc) but you will need to sign in via someone else’s cable service.
Ruski
Swell

Tulane come up in Mizzou-Georgia game. First game at Faurot Field played between Tulane and Mizzou in 1926....on sawdust and tree bark!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We won the coin toss!! Off to a good start!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Banks has no chance of running the corners—looks like a water buffalo being run down by OSU’s cheetahs.
swampnik
Surge

TD Wave! looking good Bradwell. Sorry for Glover.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

at Least we are covering the spread so far
Ruski
Swell

Where were all these 5 yard run plays during Wake & UAB??