Ohio St. Crushes the ripple 49-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Obviously we knew they were far more talented, but I'd put them one notch below the team upriver when it comes to be classless. I mean, 35-6 with 2 minutes left in the half, and you're going to call time outs to try and get the ball back again? And that OL hit on Kennedy was a cheap shot. Not the original block, although I've seen hands to the face called on that before, but on the forearm to the small of the back when he pounced on him.

I don't like dirty.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Oh well...
For those of you with two TVs or picture-in-picture capability, may I suggest that your secondary attention be directed to watching Tiger Woods rolling back the clock and making a little history.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McMillan got mauled as bad as Banks-welcome to Tulane football.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:50 pm McMillan got mauled as bad as Banks-welcome to Tulane football.
I will say he throws a much nicer pass than Banks does.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Caught the end of Fritz' interview after the game. He said clearly we can't play with their one's but the way we played against their two's means we'll do well in our conference. So much for being a P6.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:19 pm Caught the end of Fritz' interview after the game. He said clearly we can't play with their one's but the way we played against their two's means we'll do well in our conference. So much for being a P6.
Did he really fucking say that?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Dave breslin
Swell

That statement should get us thrown out of AAC
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:27 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:19 pm Caught the end of Fritz' interview after the game. He said clearly we can't play with their one's but the way we played against their two's means we'll do well in our conference. So much for being a P6.
Yes he did. And he said it with conviction.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:18 pm
Yes he did. And he said it with conviction.
I would love and audio clip or transcript of this to post and share on social media. What a chickenshit thing to say. We are worse in year 3 of WF than we were in year 1. OSU could have hung 80+ on us if they hadn't called off the dogs at half.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
torbida
Surge

As bad as cj saying he recruited cusa players unaware he was going in aac.The offensive line should be ashamed of themselves
Show Me
Tsunami

Sad. Why can’t we play like La Tech? At least be competitive. What in the hell was Fair Catching every kickoff about? Did we do that last week? Is this the best we can do? Why not be aggressive? Played to minimize turnovers not to win. Disgusting.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Skip Holtz is clearly a better coach. His first team could hang with the #6 team in the country. We have to settle for hanging with OSU"s third string QB.
sader24
Tsunami

From everything I heard Dannen thought this was gonna be a quick fix. He was gonna make 3 hires, they would impress and he would be on to the next job. I’ve also heard Fritz thought the same way. It appears they are now bogged down. Let’s be honest. Everyone remaining on the schedule is beatable. If we win 3-4 games it means this program is another disaster. Army took Oklahoma to overtime. We lost to them last year by 42. We went to Ohio St with zero intention of attempting to compete. I will not attend another home game until we get to .500. Just like I swore I would never buy another season ticket until we made a Bowl game which is a guarantee I have kept. Put up or quit Athletics Tulane. Enough is enough.
galvezwave
Swell

sader24 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 am From everything I heard Dannen thought this was gonna be a quick fix. He was gonna make 3 hires, they would impress and he would be on to the next job. I’ve also heard Fritz thought the same way. It appears they are now bogged down. Let’s be honest. Everyone remaining on the schedule is beatable. If we win 3-4 games it means this program is another disaster. Army took Oklahoma to overtime. We lost to them last year by 42. We went to Ohio St with zero intention of attempting to compete. I will not attend another home game until we get to .500. Just like I swore I would never buy another season ticket until we made a Bowl game which is a guarantee I have kept. Put up or quit Athletics Tulane. Enough is enough.

I don’t have a problem at all with the “fix quick and get the hell out of Tulane” scenario. Let’s be honest. Tulane is the worst job in the FBS. No good coach will ever aspire to make a career here. Gibson Hall doesn’t want it. The best we can hope for is to keep replacing winners with another winner. Not an easy task. So we get what we’re gonna get. Nothing. I believed in fritz. He had lots of success. I was wrong . He can’t do it here. It’s over his head. He can’t fix this on his own. I quit attending during the Toledo era. That was my fill. I went to 1 game at yulman to see the stadium a couple years ago. I like to watch college football. Tulane doesn’t play it. Honestly they should have just kept Scelfo . What’s the difference?
galvezwave
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm Sad. Why can’t we play like La Tech? At least be competitive. What in the hell was Fair Catching every kickoff about? Did we do that last week? Is this the best we can do? Why not be aggressive? Played to minimize turnovers not to win. Disgusting.
La Tech wants wants to compete.
ccap05
Surge

ccap05 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:26 am MY DEEP THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: I think Ohio State has a chance to win this game if they can control the line of scrimmage.
Just a reminder to the other 27 Tulane fans out there, I predicted this before the game took place. Avoiding false modesty, I must admit that my insight was spot on.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm Sad. Why can’t we play like La Tech? At least be competitive. What in the hell was Fair Catching every kickoff about? Did we do that last week? Is this the best we can do? Why not be aggressive? Played to minimize turnovers not to win. Disgusting.
showme... I watched several games yesterday...most of the kick off's by many teams were "fair caught"...the NCAA rules have taken the stupidity issue away ...if you read the book "Money Ball' it is the same as a "base on balls" being equal to a 'single" .....I have not done the stats, but I bet that before this rule was in place, the average starting field position on kick offs was less than the 25 yard line
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Fritz has to go! Dannen can follow. Either make a commitment to win or drop the program. This
is getting so old and an embarrassment to all of us who care about the program. Just plain disgusting!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:53 am
sader24 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 am From everything I heard Dannen thought this was gonna be a quick fix. He was gonna make 3 hires, they would impress and he would be on to the next job. I’ve also heard Fritz thought the same way. It appears they are now bogged down. Let’s be honest. Everyone remaining on the schedule is beatable. If we win 3-4 games it means this program is another disaster. Army took Oklahoma to overtime. We lost to them last year by 42. We went to Ohio St with zero intention of attempting to compete. I will not attend another home game until we get to .500. Just like I swore I would never buy another season ticket until we made a Bowl game which is a guarantee I have kept. Put up or quit Athletics Tulane. Enough is enough.

I don’t have a problem at all with the “fix quick and get the hell out of Tulane” scenario. Let’s be honest. Tulane is the worst job in the FBS. No good coach will ever aspire to make a career here. Gibson Hall doesn’t want it. The best we can hope for is to keep replacing winners with another winner. Not an easy task. So we get what we’re gonna get. Nothing. I believed in fritz. He had lots of success. I was wrong . He can’t do it here. It’s over his head. He can’t fix this on his own. I quit attending during the Toledo era. That was my fill. I went to 1 game at yulman to see the stadium a couple years ago. I like to watch college football. Tulane doesn’t play it. Honestly they should have just kept Scelfo . What’s the difference?
You're spot on Galvez, on both points. Like TCU did with Francione and then Patterson, we have to be able to get successive good coaches to break the losing tradition. Unfortunately, I don't think we have our first successful coach yet. I've been a strong backer of Fritz, but I"m very disappointed in what he has/has not done. He and his staff just seem to be at a loss for what to do, and we have clearly regressed in year three. I also note that again Tulane's team just doesn't seem to take the field with the same enthusiasm and effort as so many other teams. It doesn't look like the players believe in what the coaching staff is trying to do--whatever that may be.. I would love to hear from some of the players that have transferred out, as to what is really going on with the program. The clock has to be ticking for both Dannen and the three coaches he hired.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Do you think Tommy Bowden, or anyone on his staff, would have ever said that? They expected excellence, and therefore demanded excellence from our team--and that included competing with anyone's first teamers.
greenie78
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:52 am
Do you think Tommy Bowden, or anyone on his staff, would have ever said that? They expected excellence, and therefore demanded excellence from our team--and that included competing with anyone's first teamers.
Bowden never had to worry about saying stuff like that. He only had to worry about beating teams like USM and Louisville.
Pepper
Swell

Bowden never had to worry about saying stuff like that. He only had to worry about beating teams like USM and Louisville.
[/quote]

I get the point but he did play 3 top 25 teams in his first year and he sure wasn't sugar quoting it after those losses.

I don't blame the AD or the HC. Gibson Hall is bleeding the athletic department dry and Tulane just doesn't have enough money alums that give a shit.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:16 am
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 am
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 am My gut feeling about this game: We have no business playing Ohio State, I have seen high school teams that were better
than Tulane. I just hope no one gets seriously injured!
True. I watched Mater Dei beat IMG Academy last night on DishTV. IMG was ranked #1 nationally, while Mater Dei is ranked #3. Either team could have beaten this Tulane team. Both teams were as big, faster, and demonstrated vastly better play calling. IMG had one or two turnovers, Mater Dei none. Both team's execution was superb throughout the game.
check out these tuition rates
https://www.imgacademy.com/boarding-school

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/ind ... _ID=107035
IMG tuition is eye watering, especially for those that play a major sport. Interesting that the regular academic tuition is just a little more that half of what it is for a student participating in a major sport. Incredible facilities, and successful at blending strong academics, community involvement, and successful athletics. Perhaps Fitts should send some Tulane administrators to IMG to see how it should be done. Of course IMG probably isn't burdened by a bunch of overpaid liberal arts professors.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 am Bowden never had to worry about saying stuff like that. He only had to worry about beating teams like USM and Louisville.
I get the point but he did play 3 top 25 teams in his first year and he sure wasn't sugar quoting it after those losses.

I don't blame the AD or the HC. Gibson Hall is bleeding the athletic department dry and Tulane just doesn't have enough money alums that give a shit.
[/quote]

It's a vicious cycle and chicken egg dilemma. The alums don't give a shit, because they have nothing to be proud of each fall weekend, or during the winter. Contributions and applications exploded after the 1998 season, Cowen and crowd were oblivious as to why--no doubt Cowen thought it was all because of him. On fall Saturday's when many college grads around the country are engaged in following and celebrating their alma maters, Tulane alums can only look forward to another embarrassing experience. Just as no P5 is going to bail us out, neither are the alums, all because of a history of stupidity and terrible decisions by the university leadership. Tulane is caught in "no man's land"--it might seem easier to just throw in the towel on intercollegiate athletics, but if they do, they know the current level of financial support will vaporize. We can all thank Rufus Harris, Eamon Kelly and Scott Cowen for Tulane's current predicament.