Ohio St. Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
oliveandblue
Surge

It's time for a new coach. This guy is going to play in front of flies real soon. This offense doesn't work, and the defense isn't good enough to carry the team.

Why not recruit and develop a freshman QB?

Sunamiwave
High Tide

I am watching the Louisiana Tech vs LSU game and am very impressed by the job Skip Holtz is doing as Tech’s head coach. I like Tech’s offense and their play calling so far in the first half. I wish Holtz was Tulane’s head coach.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pepper
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:49 pm I am watching the LA Tech vs LSU game and am very impressed by the job Skip Holtz is doing as Tech’s head coach. I like Tech’s offense and their play calling so far in the first half. I wish Holtz was Tulane’s head coach.
Tech has better players and better coached players. And most of all their university is committed to athletics. Sadly, we don't. The good news is I am giving less a shit each passing week.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Dupergreenie
Surge

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:48 pm It's time for a new coach. This guy is going to play in front of flies real soon. This offense doesn't work, and the defense isn't good enough to carry the team.

Didn't you read we moved our fr qb to wr......
oliveandblue
Surge

Dupergreenie wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:48 pm It's time for a new coach. This guy is going to play in front of flies real soon. This offense doesn't work, and the defense isn't good enough to carry the team.

Yup. Precisely. It's why we need a new coach. He's lost the plot.
Dave breslin
Swell

I hope that Fritz realizes that we’ve regressed on offense. The Ruse is on us believing the preseason hype. Is this better than a CJ offense? Not by much. This is just a badly coached team with a high school offense. Tell me to get the f out again like after the WF game. And I love the comments on yogwf. They think we won the 2nd half. I wonder if the L tattoo covers their whole forehead. Our motto this year was NOLA Built. Built by the NOLA S and WB.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:06 pm I hope that Fritz realizes that we’ve regressed on offense. The Ruse is on us believing the preseason hype. Is this better than a CJ offense? Not by much. This is just a badly coached team with a high school offense. Tell me to get the f out again like after the WF game. And I love the comments on yogwf. They think we won the 2nd half. I wonder if the L tattoo covers their whole forehead. Our motto this year was NOLA Built. Built by the NOLA S and WB.
To be fair the Ohio state game should be taken out of the picture. We were 1-2 vs Wake Forest, Nicholls and UAB. If by some miracle we make a bowl game there should be minimal coaching changes..... if we don't make a bowl it's time for some wholesale changes.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I have to think this is as much a sign of lack of productivity from any WR other than Mouney and Encalade as anything else. He's just trying to get people on the field that can make plays.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Dave breslin
Swell

Why take a game out of the picture. Are we over matched—-yes we are. Watch army/Oklahoma. If you put a jock on you’d better be ready to play. All I’m saying is that this is s poorly coached and play schemed offense. All our games have been a poor schemed offense. All the hype before the season was probably done to make our players believe. But bottom line is that this offense is not as good as last year with more experienced players. The Bank went bankrupt
TURVS71
Swell

It’s time to be COMPETITIVE!

Not asking for much ..

La Tech
Old Dominion
Army..

We are NEVER competitive against the big teams and recently, our supposed equals.

Something is wrong ...is it possible that Tulane can NEVER again be successful in athletics!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Jaxwave
Swell

Not only possible but very probable.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:49 pm I am watching the Louisiana Tech vs LSU game and am very impressed by the job Skip Holtz is doing as Tech’s head coach. I like Tech’s offense and their play calling so far in the first half. I wish Holtz was Tulane’s head coach.
Holtz is a good coach at this level. When this job came open I said we should hire him. Of course the geniuses scoffed. He would have been a much better hire.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:18 pm

I have to think this is as much a sign of lack of productivity from any WR other than Mouney and Encalade as anything else. He's just trying to get people on the field that can make plays.
Actually Daniels played at a very low level in HS. He has a slow release and a weak arm. He's not a QB at this level.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

Was this how Ohio State played the 2nd half against the Wave:

Martel with whole 2nd string offense in?

Urban Mayer kept his 1st string defense in against Banks all game?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
greenie78
Riptide

LSU got complacent against Tech after getting a big lead just like they did against Miami. They were disinterested in Tech just like the fans were.

That said, if this team can’t beat Memphis at home who struggled most of the game at home against South Alabama, then it’s gonna be another losing season.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Stunner @ West Lafayette Indiana - Purdue 49, Ohio State 20.