Wave beats the Wave Again as UAB wins 31-24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

msdos wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:48 am This talk of dropping football is retarded.
Fritz just cannot hack it at this level. Look at CJ. He got us to a bowl in C-USA. Moved to AAC and couldn't compete. We just need someone who can coach above the JV level.
Agreed about Fritz. Tulane just needs to hire the OC from a P5 that generally has a great offense.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 am
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 pm To those saying give up football remember that that means getting out of the AAC and likely ending up in the Southland. There will be no support for that. The way things are going Tulane gets kicked out of the AAC and UAB gets in. They are building a 45,000 seat stadium which will be expandable to 55,000 and and a football ops. building. But hey facilities don't matter.
They are not building it, it's being built and leased to them for 20 years. It's not on campus, which is what their fans really want. And unless we continue to spiral downward, and don't win any AAC games this year or next or the year after, we're not getting kicked out of the AAC. And UAB's attendance woes are even worse than ours. There were almost as many fans in the stadium as watching on Facebook (2k at peak).

The sky isn't falling. We lost to a team that is our equal, and in a conference we should be better than but are not at this point. Put this Tulane team in C-USA and we're no better than middle of the pack.
The point is they are getting the facilities a program needs to succeed. The sky fell a long time ago for Tulane athletics. Our hopes that we can get the right people to put it back up are wearing thin.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am
msdos wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:48 am This talk of dropping football is retarded.
Fritz just cannot hack it at this level. Look at CJ. He got us to a bowl in C-USA. Moved to AAC and couldn't compete. We just need someone who can coach above the JV level.
Agreed about Fritz. Tulane just needs to hire the OC from a P5 that generally has a great offense.
The problem is those type of coaches now see this job as a coach killer rather than as a stepping stone. When they come and see the lack of facilities they see they have no chance.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

[/quote]

The problem is those type of coaches now see this job as a coach killer rather than as a stepping stone. When they come and see the lack of facilities they see they have no chance.
[/quote]

Agree 100%. I'm convinced Nick Saban could not win here.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:44 am
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:28 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:18 pm Who and what was said by a player? I guess he thinks we are the tops because we played in the Rose Bowl in the past. We also had a president who painted his head with lead green paint. Losing to a team who restarted football two years ago! That would be impossible—-but we can do the impossible. I had hopes before the season because of the hype. But it’s the same old Tulane. UAB started with zero. We started in the negative. The negative for 15 years
Banks and Mooney both referred to UAB as a lower level team this week in an article in the Advocate.
And so did Fritz. We haven't beaten anyone anytime recently, we should NEVER say another program is at a lower level.
Fritz did not say they were a lower level team.
msdos
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:12 am
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:18 pm Who and what was said by a player? I guess he thinks we are the tops because we played in the Rose Bowl in the past. We also had a president who painted his head with lead green paint. Losing to a team who restarted football two years ago! That would be impossible—-but we can do the impossible. I had hopes before the season because of the hype. But it’s the same old Tulane. UAB started with zero. We started in the negative. The negative for 15 years
Banks and Mooney both referred to UAB as a lower level team this week in an article in the Advocate.
And so did Fritz. We haven't beaten anyone anytime recently, we should NEVER say another program is at a lower level.
You’re right. Two players just happened to use the exact same verbiage in a bubble
Show Me
Tsunami

I think hiring bad coaches since Bowden left has caused more of the job killer mentality. I know Cowen and Dickson had a lot to do with it as well. But we just lost to another CUSA team that just restarted its program two years ago. Meanwhile we have a new school president and new AD and a new coach but the results are the same. I don’t believe UAB’s facilities are any better than ours. They killed football just a few years ago. I know they are planning a bigger stadium but for now the blame for 3 years of losing to this point is strictly on the AD (a Dickson-type extension) and coaches. Willie is a great guy but so was Buddy Teevens.
GreenLantern
Riptide

You know that great feeling after a close, tense, hard-fought game when the Greenies launch a perfectly executed drive in the last few seconds to win?

Yeah. Me neither.
Wave755
Tsunami

kookingkajun wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 am
Wave755 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:48 pm
kookingkajun wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:11 pm Hey 755,
Boy, did our AAU rankings show them!!!!!!
OK Kajun, Miss. St. 56, ULALA 10. And, even though you scored a touchdown at garbage time, that score still does so well fit your tier 5 academic ranking. :thumbup:
Hey Asswipe 755,
I've told you before. I am not a UL fan. I was a chef that cooked Cajun food.. Since you always bring up academic rankings in the "sports" forum, I was making a joke about most of you statements.
Reading your arrogance you must be a lawyer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, dildo, next time you wait my table, no tip for you! :lolgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

msdos wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:33 am
You’re right. Two players just happened to use the exact same verbiage in a bubble
He was smart enough not to say it in public. :mrgreen:
Wave755
Tsunami

This game was in many ways a repeat of last year’s FIU game when we made Butch Davis look good. Banks was 5 of 16 for 35 yards against FIU. For the first half yesterday Banks was 1 of 8 for 44 yards, an interception and a fumble that resulted for a UAB touchdown. We have no quarterback for our team. Throughout the spring and summer Fritz blew smoke up our rear ends saying Banks had a NFL arm and would go high in the draft as a quarterback. Banks has made zero progress from last year contrary to what Fritz assured us for the past 5 months.

Alabama couldn’t win with Banks’ quarterback play.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Saying that Saban couldn’t win here due to QB play is a little extreme since Saban doesn’t build his teams around QB play.
galvezwave
Swell

Pick a direction and go . Banks can run option plays. They work . We don’t run them . I think we should throw the ball only 10-12 times a game max. With these players. We only run 2-3 option plays a game. None with dauphine. NONE WITH DAUPHINE. My theory is Fritz , being a players coach , is either trying to showcase banks for scouts, Or banks is running the show himself, both to the detriment of the team. Also , did I read something somewhere that Dauphine’s real problem is some sort of anxiety/ panic attack thing? Also , the camera did catch WF shaking his head in disgust after some of banks disasterous plays. I wouldn’t be surprised to see something different . If not a qb change at least a more coherent offensive plan. One can hope , right?
TURVS71
Swell

Coach Willie Fritz,

Your team was NOT READY TO PLAY and that is squarely on you and your staff.

This is YEAR THREE and is UNACCEPTABLE!

Yeah, I know he isn’t going to see this but I’m pretty close to fed up with this program and for me to feel that way says quite a lot!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 am Coach Willie Fritz,

Yeah, I know he isn’t going to see this but I’m pretty close to fed up with this program and for me to feel that way says quite a lot!
can I hear an AMEN..!!!! losing is one thing, not being prepared is sumthin totally different,.. but body surfing after a huge win over and fcs team takes a lot out of oneself !!!...Fritz ain't goin nowhere but some of his assistants need to walk the plank...starting with the OL and OC 's
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Definitely looked that way from home as well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

There was a great line spoken by Michael Douglas in the movie Traffic that went something like this:

"I've seen better organized monkey shit-fights at the zoo."
God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 am
This game was in many ways a repeat of last year’s FIU game when we made Butch Davis look good. Banks was 5 of 16 for 35 yards against FIU. For the first half yesterday Banks was 1 of 8 for 44 yards, an interception and a fumble that resulted for a UAB touchdown. We have no quarterback for our team. Throughout the spring and summer Fritz blew smoke up our rear ends saying Banks had a NFL arm and would go high in the draft as a quarterback. Banks has made zero progress from last year contrary to what Fritz assured us for the past 5 months.

Alabama couldn’t win with Banks’ quarterback play.

You got that right!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
swampnik
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:31 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:22 pm Watching TCU/OhioState. Remember when we had a leader of TU athletics say”we are tied to the hip with TCU”? Does a bad personality create psychosis or delusional thinking? No wonder we are a crappy as we are. We look like we run with crutches compared to them. And our offense is the model T of college
In addition to all that, TCU also has a head coach who is the master of motivation. You never see TCU come out and sleep walk through a game like we do. Once again, Tulane looked like a bunch of zombies walking through the motions. Several of our players should lose their scholarships after this season.
TCU started looking up after Tulane Coach Jim Pittman decided to go Fort Worth way after 1970 Green Wave Liberty Bowl victory over Colorado.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:31 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:22 pm Watching TCU/OhioState. Remember when we had a leader of TU athletics say”we are tied to the hip with TCU”? Does a bad personality create psychosis or delusional thinking? No wonder we are a crappy as we are. We look like we run with crutches compared to them. And our offense is the model T of college
In addition to all that, TCU also has a head coach who is the master of motivation. You never see TCU come out and sleep walk through a game like we do. Once again, Tulane looked like a bunch of zombies walking through the motions. Several of our players should lose their scholarships after this season.
TCU started looking up after Tulane Coach Jim Pittman decided to go Fort Worth way after 1970 Green Wave Liberty Bowl victory over Colorado.
Poor Jim died on the sidelines during a game his first season there. The Year of the Green was great fun.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yes he did. If I find it and quote it, will you admit you're wrong?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: this I gotta see!

Only Banks said it here:
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 22c68.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

CJ isn't half the coach Fritz is. He played a WEAK AS SHIT schedule in 2013, and, due to key injuries of our opponents he should have won 10 games. Take a closer look at that season, we were very poorly coached.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:50 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: this I gotta see!

Only Banks said it here:
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 22c68.html
Ok, if Fritz didn't come out and say it, he certainly implied it, which is where his players bought into it:
My experience has been the better team usually wins, whether it’s at home or on the road,” he said. “We just want our guys to prepare themselves and be ready to go Saturday.”
I thought I read that he came out and said they were a "lower team" but don't have the time to go try to find it. If the above statement is as close as he came to saying it, I will admit to being wrong, but it sure showed up as if the ENTIRE TEAM felt that way through the first half on GAMEDAY. WE SUCK and SHOULD NEVER THINK AN OPPONENT IS A LESSER TEAM. That's my point and it played out EXACTLY as predicted.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:05 pm

CJ isn't half the coach Fritz is. He played a WEAK AS sh*t schedule in 2013, and, due to key injuries of our opponents he should have won 10 games. Take a closer look at that season, we were very poorly coached.
Thank you D. If we are doing cj v wf comparisons and you come away with cj being better, please pass me what you’re smoking. It must be good...