Fall Baseball Roster

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
chain gang x man
Swell

https://tulanegreenwave.com/roster.aspx ... h=baseball

None of the incoming players listed

Not returning
Alex Galy
Alston Pough
Hunter Abdalla
Jake Revere

Show Me
Tsunami

chain gang x man wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm https://tulanegreenwave.com/roster.aspx ... h=baseball

Not returning
Alex Galy
Alston Pough
Hunter Abdalla
Jake Revere
No Freshmen listed?
I hope they don’t wear those hats for games.
chain gang x man
Swell

Show Me wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 pm
chain gang x man wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm https://tulanegreenwave.com/roster.aspx ... h=baseball

Not returning
Alex Galy
Alston Pough
Hunter Abdalla
Jake Revere
No Freshmen listed?
The first freshman added
Spencer Oliver RHP
chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Not returning
Alex Galy
Alston Pough
Hunter Abdalla
Jake Revere
No Freshmen listed?
The first freshman added
Spencer Oliver RHP
https://twitter.com/greenwavebsb/status ... 52929?s=12

Black shorts
Blue shirts
Angry wave caps
chain gang x man
Swell

Jake Revere had TJ surgery recently
He is enrolled in school and will spend the year rehabbing
chain gang x man
Swell

Top prospects in the NECBL

9 Kody Hoese 3B R-R 6-4 195 Griffith IN Tulane JR 2019 Royals '18 (35)

CONGRATULATIONS
chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man
Swell

From the other message board

Here's a little breakdown from what I've seen/heard on these guys. Nothing too in depth.

Brendan Power- infielder who makes consistent, hard contact. Won't hit many homers but has some pop. Runs well. Solid in the field.

Hudson Haskin- probably the best prospect in this class. Drafted by the Oakland A's. Very fast runner and has big power potential. Wouldn't be surprised if he's an opening day starter and a guy who ends up hitting in the middle of our lineup.

Collin Burns- left handed hitting middle infielder. Short stroke at the plate. Very good runner. Probably best suited to play second base but can play shortstop. Hits for surprising power for his size.

J.C. Ariza- low-90s fastball. Has a big frame and needs to re-shape his body a little but should contribute sooner rather than later. If he works hard, could be a stud in a year or two.

Ethan Groff- smooth fielder with a good arm and slightly above-average speed. Short stroke at the plate. Good prospect.

Blake Johnson- Offensive-minded catcher. Can really swing it. Can he catch well enough to stay behind the plate? I don't know. But he will hit.

Aaron McKeithan- plus pop times for a high school catcher (1.92-1.95). Good size and comes from a good baseball family (brother played at Vandy for Jewett). Hit over .400 his last two years in high school and played for a really good summer team.

Spencer Oliver- FB up to 92. Good frame with room to grow. Could see Mid-90s potential eventually. Baseball America had him as the 19th ranked draft prospect in Connecticut (including college players). Should be a contributor at Tulane.

C.J. Wehlan- Good mechanics. Fastball is live but a little straight. More of a traditional curve ball. Tough competitor. Will compete for innings but will have to show that he has an out pitch when he needs to get a strikeout.

Logan Stevens- Good athlete, left handed hitter. Can play all outfield positions. Good size and speed. Will compete for playing time.

Ryan Wallace- looks a lot like Joey Charron physically. 5'9 180 LHP. Throws mid to high 80s. Could surprise some people.

Ryan Rogan- catching prospect. Not much info out there on him.

Grant Segar- another walk-on who pitched well at Catholic High. Again, low to mid 80s velocity. Good athlete. Needs to get in the weight room.

Landon Boeneke- 6'6 205...a project. Walk-on. Mid 80s velocity. Get him in the weight room and the training table and see what he can do. You could see a low 90s pitcher in a year or two.
Profoundwizard
Swell

When I see that a kid hit .288 in High School I just find it hard to believe he's going to compete for playing time this year. No offense to the kid
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mid 80's is fast enuff to be successful if you have control of your pitches and can "spot" and move the ball, Greg Maddux was in the big's for a long time, he had a batting practice fastball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 am mid 80's is fast enuff to be successful if you have control of your pitches and can "spot" and move the ball, Greg Maddux was in the big's for a long time, he had a batting practice fastball
Not the 1st time I’ve had to debunk this but Maddux threw like 93 in his prime and always had ridiculous movement